Fortnight

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

Fortnight

#1 Post by christie1111 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:13 pm

Anyone play? My Nephew is apparently in the top 100 GLOBALLY! He and his Dad (my brother) are being flown to NYC (Queens) to play in a tournament at the end of July. Since he qualified in 2 things (don't ask me, I don't know) he is basically guaranteed $100,000 for showing up. We are hoping to meet up with them while they are in the neighborhood.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: Fortnight

#2 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:53 am

I'm still one of the youngest people on this Bored, so I can't imagine there'd be any gamers from this genre around here. I'm only familiar with this series (Which is cutely spelled "Fortnite") from all of the licensed crap we sell at work for it...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:27 am

littlebeast13 wrote:I'm still one of the youngest people on this Bored,
That's a scary thought, not that we're older than you, but that we haven't (and aren't likely to) get much new blood to make up for the inevitable attrition. We need to get some second-generation BBers here.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:02 am

littlebeast13 wrote:I'm still one of the youngest people on this Bored, so I can't imagine there'd be any gamers from this genre around here. I'm only familiar with this series (Which is cutely spelled "Fortnite") from all of the licensed crap we sell at work for it...

lb13
My 14 year old stepdaughter spent a ton of money on FNAF licensed crap. I thought she got tired of it but see she spent some time in it last week. :roll:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:05 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:I'm still one of the youngest people on this Bored,
That's a scary thought, not that we're older than you, but that we haven't (and aren't likely to) get much new blood to make up for the inevitable attrition. We need to get some second-generation BBers here.

We had a pretty good bunch join up and stick around the first couple years of this iteration of the Bored (2008-09), including a few who even I could call whippersnappers, but that wave has pretty much entirely moved on already and been gone for a while...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

christie1111
11:11

#6 Post by christie1111 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:50 am

Yeah, you can tell how much I know about it by the way I spelled it. :-)

But the amount of money that could be won is staggering. All expense paid trip for my nephew and brother and by showing up he gets $50K for each of the things he qualified for (single and doubles) with a chance for up to $3M for each competition.

I did mention he is 16 y.o. right?
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

tlynn78

#7 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:07 am

Very cool. My grandson played it pretty heavily for awhile, but he seems to have moved on to something else - can't remember the name...
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

#8 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:07 am

christie1111 wrote:Yeah, you can tell how much I know about it by the way I spelled it. :-)

But the amount of money that could be won is staggering. All expense paid trip for my nephew and brother and by showing up he gets $50K for each of the things he qualified for (single and doubles) with a chance for up to $3M for each competition.

I did mention he is 16 y.o. right?
Good for him. But personally I think that is crazy. My son-in-law plays a lot. I don't understand the attraction but then I preferred Centipede over Leisure Suit Larry.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 am

tlynn78 wrote:Very cool. My grandson played it pretty heavily for awhile, but he seems to have moved on to something else - can't remember the name...
Apex Legends?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#10 Post by Vandal » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:38 am

My son (24) is big into League of Legends. He watches the tournaments and even attended a live weekend event at the Boston Garden last year. I don't get the attraction, but hey, I'm older than LB.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster