Songland

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Ritterskoop

Songland

#1 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:01 pm

I'm liking this show a lot. It runs Tuesdays after AGT, which I can take or leave, especially this early when it is mostly manipulation and not so much talent.

Songland allows us to watch a song grow as a potential artist adds to it and changes it from the first version submitted by the songwriter. I especially love the producers, who each work with a songwriter: Ester Dean, Ryan Tedder and Shane McAnally.

Episode one's artist was John Legend and episode two was willi.i.am. I don't know tonight's artist, so my interest will be even more on the songwriters than before.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Ritterskoop

Re: Songland

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:13 pm

Episode 3 was just as good, though one of the songs I thought was weak at the beginning and even less attractive once they made it over. But the winning song was terrific both before and after.

This is two weeks in a row an artist has told a songwriter to keep a song for himself or herself, because it is so personal to them, the big name would feel guilty taking it (plus, unsaid is that they would have to rewrite it too much to make it fit, and it would lose what makes it original).
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: Songland

#3 Post by Estonut » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:51 am

Ritterskoop wrote:I don't know tonight's artist, so my interest will be even more on the songwriters than before.
Kelsea Ballerini? She's a country singer-songwriter who's been all over the place for the past few years. I think she's had maybe 3 albums, all doing pretty well and she's hosted a few country-music shows/award shows. IIRC, she's touring with Kelly Clarkson pretty soon.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx