CBS Fall TV schedule

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
bazodee

CBS Fall TV schedule

#1 Post by bazodee » Wed May 15, 2019 10:44 am

For the sake of completeness here, here's CBS' Fall prime time lineup, announced just this morning:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/15/cbs-fall-2 ... -schedule/

Mondays
8-8:30 p.m. The Neighborhood
8:30-9 p.m. Bob ♥ Abishola
9-10 p.m. All Rise
10-11 p.m. Bull

Tuesdays
8-9 p.m. NCIS
9-10 p.m. FBI
10-11 p.m. NCIS: New Orleans

Wednesdays
8-9 p.m. Survivor
9-10 p.m. Seal Team
10-11 p.m. S.W.A.T.

Thursdays
8-8:30 p.m. Young Sheldon
8_30-9 p.m. The Unicorn
9-9:30 p.m. Mom
9:30-10 p.m. Carol’s Second Act
10-11 p.m. Evil

Fridays
8-9 p.m. Hawaii Five-0
9-10 p.m. Magnum P.I.
10-11 p.m. Blue Bloods

Saturdays
8-9 p.m. Crimetime Saturday
9-10 p.m. Crimetime Saturday
10-11 p.m. 48 Hours

Sundays
7-8 p.m. 60 Minutes
8-9 p.m. God Friended Me
9-10 p.m. NCIS: Los Angeles
10-11 p.m. Madam Secretary

Here are CBS’ descriptions of its new shows:
All Rise: A courthouse drama that follows the chaotic, hopeful and sometimes absurd lives of its judges, prosecutors and public defenders, as they work with bailiffs, clerks and cops to get justice for the people of Los Angeles amidst a flawed legal process. It stars Simone Missick as Lola Carmichael, Wilson Bethel as Mark Callan, Marg Helgenberger as Judith Benner, Jessica Camacho as Emily Lopez and Ruthie Ann Miles as Sherri Kanski.
Evil: A psychological mystery that examines the origins of evil along the dividing line between science and religion. The series focuses on a skeptical female psychologist who joins a priest-in-training and a carpenter as they investigate the Church’s backlog of unexplained mysteries, including supposed miracles, demonic possessions and hauntings. From Robert and Michelle King (The Good Fight), the series stars Katja Herbers as Kristen Bouchard, Mike Colter as David Acosta, Aasif Mandvi as Ben Shroff, Michael Emerson as Leland Townsend, Brooklyn Shuck as Lynn Bouchard and Skylar Gray as Lila Bouchard.
Bob ♥ Abishola: A love story about a middle-aged compression sock businessman from Detroit who unexpectedly falls for his cardiac nurse, a Nigerian immigrant, while recovering from a heart attack and sets his sights on winning her over. From Chuck Lorre, the comedy stars Billy Gardell as Bob, Folake Olowofoyeku as Abishola, Christine Ebersole as Dottie, and Vernee Watson as Gloria.
Carol’s Second Act: A comedy about a woman who embarks on a unique second act after raising her children, getting divorced and retiring from teaching: pursuing her dream of becoming a doctor. It stars Patricia Heaton as Carol Kenney and Kyle MacLachlan as Dr. Frost.
The Unicorn: A single-camera comedy about a tight-knit group of best friends and family who helps Wade (Walton Goggins) embrace his “new normal” in the wake of the loss of his wife one year ago. It also stars Rob Corddry as Forrest and Michaela Watkins as Delia.
FBI: Most Wanted: A high-stakes drama from Wolf that focuses on the Fugitive Task Force, which relentlessly tracks and captures the notorious criminals on the Bureau’s Most Wanted list. It stars Julian McMahon as Jess LaCroix, Alana De La Garza as Isobel Castille, Keisha Castle-Hughes as Hana Gibson and Kellan Lutz as Crosby.
Tommy: Edie Falco stars as a former high-ranking NYPD officer who becomes the first female Chief of Police for Los Angeles.
Broke: A comedy about Jackie (Perrette), a single suburban mother who’s shocked when her estranged sister, Elizabeth (Natasha Leggero), her sister’s outrageously wealthy, big-hearted husband, Javier (Jaime Camil) and Javier’s fiercely loyal assistant/driver/friend, Luis (Izzy Diaz), land on her doorstep in need of a place to live after the couple’s money dries up.

Ritterskoop

Re: CBS Fall TV schedule

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed May 15, 2019 11:08 am

I will root for All Rise for the sake of Ruthie Ann Miles. We saw her in the revival of The King and I, and she was Tony-winning magnificent. The next year, she was hit by a car that sped through a red light. She lost her 4-year-old daughter in that wreck, and two months later, lost a pregnancy that was almost to term. The hope of the few months where they thought the fetus would make it, only then to lose it, were horrible. She was scheduled to play Lady Tiang in London last summer, but the producers graciously allowed her more time off, and said she could start whenever she was ready. She used a cane during that run in the West End, which is not written into the character, but certainly doesn't make any difference.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Wed May 15, 2019 11:23 am

Ritterskoop wrote:She was scheduled to play Lady Tiang in London last summer, but the producers graciously allowed her more time off, and said she could start whenever she was ready. She used a cane during that run in the West End, which is not written into the character, but certainly doesn't make any difference.
Reminds me of Danny Kaye in Two by Two after he broke his foot. The night I saw it, as it happened, an understudy was playing Shem. The announcer began: "Tonight the part of Shem is being played by (the understudy). The part of Noah is being played by (we all get worried) Danny Kaye!"

Kaye (who loved to ad-lib, annoying the writers and delighting the audience) used his crutch as a prop. When he sang "I Feel Like I'm 90 Again" (Noah was 600), he threw away the crutch.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:I will root for All Rise for the sake of Ruthie Ann Miles. We saw her in the revival of The King and I, and she was Tony-winning magnificent. The next year, she was hit by a car that sped through a red light. She lost her 4-year-old daughter in that wreck, and two months later, lost a pregnancy that was almost to term. The hope of the few months where they thought the fetus would make it, only then to lose it, were horrible. She was scheduled to play Lady Tiang in London last summer, but the producers graciously allowed her more time off, and said she could start whenever she was ready. She used a cane during that run in the West End, which is not written into the character, but certainly doesn't make any difference.
The description of All Rise seems a lot like For the People, which just got cancelled on ABC after two seasons, except that For the People was set in New York and dealt with federal court.

The Unicorn might be watching for Walton Goggins. I loved him in Justified and he's good in just about everything he does.

Tommy isn't listed, so I'm assuming it's a midseason replacement. It would be interesting to see a crossover between this and Blue Bloods. I am expecting a crossover between Magnum PI and Hawaii Five-O this season (several of the minor costars of Hawaii Five-O have showed up on Magnum essentially playing their own character under a different name).

Evil sounds like a lukewarm rehash of the X-Files.

Criminal Minds will return for a short (10 episode) final season after the first of the year. Supposedly, they will bring back some of their "favorite" villains from years past. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shemar Moore put in an appearance but I would be very surprised to see Thomas Gibson. This will also be the last season for Madame Secretary. My prediction is that the show ends with her winning the presidential election.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Wed May 15, 2019 1:17 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:The Unicorn might be watching for Walton Goggins. I loved him in Justified and he's good in just about everything he does.
I don't pay all that much attention to most actors, but I am a huge fan of Walton Goggins. He's believable as a hero or a villain (and he was the most gorgeous cross-dressing he/she ever in a role from a couple of years back.)
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#6 Post by Estonut » Wed May 15, 2019 2:32 pm

jarnon wrote:
Ritterskoop wrote:She was scheduled to play Lady Tiang in London last summer, but the producers graciously allowed her more time off, and said she could start whenever she was ready. She used a cane during that run in the West End, which is not written into the character, but certainly doesn't make any difference.
Reminds me of Danny Kaye in Two by Two after he broke his foot. The night I saw it, as it happened, an understudy was playing Shem. The announcer began: "Tonight the part of Shem is being played by (the understudy). The part of Noah is being played by (we all get worried) Danny Kaye!"

Kaye (who loved to ad-lib, annoying the writers and delighting the audience) used his crutch as a prop. When he sang "I Feel Like I'm 90 Again" (Noah was 600), he threw away the crutch.
I once saw Sutton Foster perform in "The Drowsy Chaperone" with a broken wrist. Her performance included a cartwheel! Ironically, she had broken her wrist during a rehearsal of the song called "Accident Waiting to Happen."
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:45 pm

SSS wrote:
Criminal Minds will return for a short (10 episode) final season after the first of the year. Supposedly, they will bring back some of their "favorite" villains from years past. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shemar Moore put in an appearance but I would be very surprised to see Thomas Gibson.
I loathe recycled villains. The last Patricia Cornwell book I read featured (sort of -- we never actually see her) Carrie Grethen as the enemy. I want killed or jailed villains to say killed or jailed. Same with television series.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

a1mamacat

#8 Post by a1mamacat » Thu May 16, 2019 11:57 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:SSS wrote:
Criminal Minds will return for a short (10 episode) final season after the first of the year. Supposedly, they will bring back some of their "favorite" villains from years past. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shemar Moore put in an appearance but I would be very surprised to see Thomas Gibson.
I loathe recycled villains. The last Patricia Cornwell book I read featured (sort of -- we never actually see her) Carrie Grethen as the enemy. I want killed or jailed villains to say killed or jailed. Same with television series.
I agree. Carrie should have stayed incarcerated. Totally blew the plotline.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

tlynn78

#9 Post by tlynn78 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:46 am

I've fallen behind on her - I'll need to find that one; do you remember the title?
t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#10 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:47 am

tlynn78 wrote:

I've fallen behind on her - I'll need to find that one; do you remember the title?
t.
Yes -- Flesh and Blood. It was published in 2014, I bet you can find it at the local used bookstore. I got it at Inkwell's in Alaska -- our first stop when we roll into town, even before the grocery store. We now have about a third of the Stephanie Plum novels at the cabin thanks to Inkwell's. Not great literature by any stretch, but oh so funny. OK, OK, TMI.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

tlynn78

#11 Post by tlynn78 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:07 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

t.
Yes -- Flesh and Blood. It was published in 2014, I bet you can find it at the local used bookstore. I got it at Inkwell's in Alaska -- our first stop when we roll into town, even before the grocery store. We now have about a third of the Stephanie Plum novels at the cabin thanks to Inkwell's. Not great literature by any stretch, but oh so funny. OK, OK, TMI.
I did a little poking around - I am wayyyy behind; my last PC read was Red Mist. Gotta get crackin'
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire