Rosenstein resigning per Axios

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: Rosenstein resigning per Axios

#26 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:22 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#27 Post by jarnon » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Donald J. Trump wrote:General Jim Mattis will be retiring, with distinction, at the end of February, after having served my Administration as Secretary of Defense for the past two years. During Jim’s tenure, tremendous progress has been made, especially with respect to the purchase of new fighting equipment. General Mattis was a great help to me in getting allies and other countries to pay their share of military obligations. A new Secretary of Defense will be named shortly. I greatly thank Jim for his service!
General Mattis follows Generals Flynn, McMaster and Kelly out the door. I hope that he can stabilize the mess in Syria (and maybe Afghanistan too) in the next two months.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#28 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:13 pm

jarnon wrote:
Donald J. Trump wrote:General Jim Mattis will be retiring, with distinction, at the end of February, after having served my Administration as Secretary of Defense for the past two years. During Jim’s tenure, tremendous progress has been made, especially with respect to the purchase of new fighting equipment. General Mattis was a great help to me in getting allies and other countries to pay their share of military obligations. A new Secretary of Defense will be named shortly. I greatly thank Jim for his service!
General Mattis follows Generals Flynn, McMaster and Kelly out the door. I hope that he can stabilize the mess in Syria (and maybe Afghanistan too) in the next two months.
Here is Secretary Mattis's resignation letter. It's quite clear from his letter that he's resigning in protest of Donny's decision to withdraw troops from Syria. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#29 Post by jarnon » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:15 am

Meanwhile, like that miraculous oil, Rosenstein stays in place amidst the turmoil. Here is a letter from the Assistant Attorney General about Whitaker's fitness to oversee the Russia investigation. It says Rosenstein is still managing Mueller, and Whitaker doesn't plan to fire Mueller.

There's also a lawsuit by state attorneys general, including Pennsylvania's, that Whitaker's appointment is illegal. Whitaker knows that any partisan action he takes could be blocked by a judge or Congress. As for Barr, I expect the Senate will demand that he promises, like Richardson and Ruckelshaus, to keep his hands off Mueller.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#30 Post by jarnon » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:01 pm

jarnon wrote:General Mattis follows Generals Flynn, McMaster and Kelly out the door. I hope that he can stabilize the mess in Syria (and maybe Afghanistan too) in the next two months.
But no! Today Trump tweeted that Deputy Secretary Patrick Shanahan will take over on January 1. To make matters worse, the U.S. special envoy to the coalition against Daesh, Brett McGurk, who was going to retire in February, quit too. A small silver lining: Trump promised Erdogan that the withdrawal will be slow and highly coordinated.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:27 pm

jarnon wrote: A small silver lining: Trump promised Erdogan that the withdrawal will be slow and highly coordinated.
That is until the next time Trump changes his mind.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#32 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:58 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
jarnon wrote: A small silver lining: Trump promised Erdogan that the withdrawal will be slow and highly coordinated.
That is until the next time Trump changes his mind.
I can't imagine trump doing anything coordinated.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#33 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:54 am

Could this be the real one?

I saw Sarah Sanders confirm it on Fox News. But she's a liar like all the rest of the nazis in the white house, so it's probably not true. I'll stick with all the REAL news outlets like axios, nbc, cnn, etc. Rosenstein got fired a long time ago. trump just hid it from us.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#34 Post by jarnon » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:27 pm

jarnon wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:01 pm
jarnon wrote:General Mattis follows Generals Flynn, McMaster and Kelly out the door. I hope that he can stabilize the mess in Syria (and maybe Afghanistan too) in the next two months.
But no! Today Trump tweeted that Deputy Secretary Patrick Shanahan will take over on January 1.
Update: Shanahan lasted only six months and was replaced by Mark Esper.
jarnon wrote:To make matters worse, the U.S. special envoy to the coalition against Daesh, Brett McGurk, who was going to retire in February, quit too.
Another shakeup today: Navy Secretary Richard Spencer was forced out after clashing with Pres. Trump over disciplining disgraced Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher.
jarnon wrote:A small silver lining: Trump promised Erdogan that the withdrawal will be slow and highly coordinated.
That didn't work out as well as I had hoped either.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#35 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:29 pm

jarnon wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:27 pm
jarnon wrote:
But no! Today Trump tweeted that Deputy Secretary Patrick Shanahan will take over on January 1.
jarnon wrote:To make matters worse, the U.S. special envoy to the coalition against Daesh, Brett McGurk, who was going to retire in February, quit too.
Another shakeup today: Navy Secretary Richard Spencer was forced out after clashing with Pres. Trump over disciplining disgraced Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher.
jarnon wrote:A small silver lining: Trump promised Erdogan that the withdrawal will be slow and highly coordinated.
Consistent with pretty much everything else Donny has done. This will have a destructive effect on unit cohesion. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Appa23

#36 Post by Appa23 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:29 pm
jarnon wrote:
jarnon wrote:
Consistent with pretty much everything else Donny has done. This will have a destructive effect on unit cohesion. --Bob
Bob, can you provide your bona fides regarding how you are qualified to opine knowingly on what would be good or bad for unit cohesion at this time in any of the Armed Services, let alone the Navy?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#37 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:49 pm

Appa23 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:21 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:29 pm
jarnon wrote:
Bob, can you provide your bona fides regarding how you are qualified to opine knowingly on what would be good or bad for unit cohesion at this time in any of the Armed Services, let alone the Navy?
As soon as Cadet Bone Spurs explains his justification for ignoring the unanimous recommendations of his senior staff on this issue. --Bob