I'm beginning to find Beto O'Rourke impressive

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: I'm beginning to find Beto O'Rourke impressive

#26 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
jarnon wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: Kyrsten Sinema, of course. She's in a statistical tie with Martha McSally.
BiT seems to be aware of the controversy around Sinema. She was a far-left antiwar activist 15 years ago, but in recent years, especially in Congress, she's been very pro-military.
You can be anti-war and pro-military at the same time.
It is a liberal myth that ANY sane person is pro-war. There are no people more against war than people who serve in the military. The anti-war 'activists' on the left use it as a political tool, just as they use 'racism' and the environment.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#27 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:26 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
jarnon wrote:BiT seems to be aware of the controversy around Sinema. She was a far-left antiwar activist 15 years ago, but in recent years, especially in Congress, she's been very pro-military.
You can be anti-war and pro-military at the same time.
It is a liberal myth that ANY sane person is pro-war. There are no people more against war than people who serve in the military. The anti-war 'activists' on the left use it as a political tool, just as they use 'racism' and the environment.
Unfortunately, there have been a lot of insane people in our government.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#28 Post by jarnon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:03 pm

Beto O'Rourke wrote:Not right that Senator Cruz and his wife Heidi were surrounded and forced to leave a restaurant last night because of protesters. The Cruz family should be treated with respect.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#29 Post by BackInTex » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:22 am

From Maxine Waters
if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#30 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:21 am

BackInTex wrote:From Maxine Waters
if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere.
It just goes to show you that Democrats don't all think alike.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#31 Post by BackInTex » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:15 pm

Beto O’Rourke Once Supported an El Paso Real Estate Deal

The deal favored his billionaire father-in-law. The proposal was to use eminent domain to acquire property from the poor so his father-in-law could get it cheap and develop it.

Mr. O’Rourke was perceived by many as siding with the moneyed elite against angry barrio residents, small business owners and even the Jesuit priests who ministered to the immigrant community at Sacred Heart Church.

“Mr. O’Rourke was basically the pretty face of this very ugly plan against our most vulnerable neighborhoods,” said David Dorado Romo, a local historian who added that the episode had resurrected longstanding race and class divisions in the city.
Barrio residents feared that they would lose their homes through eminent domain, and a city-funded branding study suggested that the residents of El Paso were perceived as “dirty” and “lazy.’’ Among some constituents, the hurt feelings have lingered
Mr. O’Rourke declined requests to be interviewed for this article.
Though he as praised the NYT before. I wonder what's different.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#32 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:28 pm

BackInTex wrote:Beto O’Rourke Once Supported an El Paso Real Estate Deal

The deal favored his billionaire father-in-law. The proposal was to use eminent domain to acquire property from the poor so his father-in-law could get it cheap and develop it.

Mr. O’Rourke was perceived by many as siding with the moneyed elite against angry barrio residents, small business owners and even the Jesuit priests who ministered to the immigrant community at Sacred Heart Church.

“Mr. O’Rourke was basically the pretty face of this very ugly plan against our most vulnerable neighborhoods,” said David Dorado Romo, a local historian who added that the episode had resurrected longstanding race and class divisions in the city.
Barrio residents feared that they would lose their homes through eminent domain, and a city-funded branding study suggested that the residents of El Paso were perceived as “dirty” and “lazy.’’ Among some constituents, the hurt feelings have lingered
Mr. O’Rourke declined requests to be interviewed for this article.
Though he as praised the NYT before. I wonder what's different.
"Even many who objected to Mr. O’Rourke’s support for the redevelopment plan say they will vote for him."

Sounds like it's old news that's just now showing up in campaign ads. I guess Ted Cruz is worried. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#33 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:13 am

Bob78164 wrote: Sounds like it's old news that's just now showing up in campaign ads. I guess Ted Cruz is worried. --Bob
Ted Cruz has appropriated the NYT for his campaign? He is more influential than I thought.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#34 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:03 am

BiT:

Repeat after me.

Senator
Beto
O'Rourke

And here's a bonus for you.

Congresswoman
Lizzie
Fletcher

And so you don't have all the fun, I'll join in:

Governor
Stacey
Abrams

Congresswoman
Lucy
McBath

BackInTex

#35 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:47 am

silverscreenselect wrote:BiT:

Repeat after me.

Senator
Beto
O'Rourke

Congresswoman
Lizzie
Fletcher

Governor
Stacey
Abrams

Congresswoman
Lucy
McBath

Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week. And don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses. Good night!
Fixed it for you.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#36 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:00 pm

BackInTex wrote:

Repeat after me.

Senator
Beto
O'Rourke

Congresswoman
Lizzie
Fletcher

Governor
Stacey
Abrams

Congresswoman
Lucy
McBath

Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week. And don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses. Good night!
Fixed it for you.
You'll have to forgive him - he's likely all twitterpated over the idea of Hillary "They all look alike" Clinton eyeing a 2020 run.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#37 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:48 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
You'll have to forgive him - he's likely all twitterpated over the idea of Hillary "They all look alike" Clinton eyeing a 2020 run.
I wouldn't want to forget you:

Senator
Jon
Tester

Congresswoman
Kathleen
Williams

tlynn78

#38 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:53 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
I wouldn't want to forget you:

Senator
Jon
Tester

Congresswoman
Kathleen
Williams
As I'm not a liberal, and I am an adult, if they win, that's exactly what I'll call them.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#39 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:51 pm

Repeat after me.

Senator
Beto
O'Rourke

Congresswoman
Lizzie
Fletcher

Governor
Stacey
Abrams

Congresswoman
Lucy
McBath
You and bob-tel, repeat after me:

President Donald John Trump.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#40 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:55 pm

Repeat after me.

Senator
Beto
O'Rourke

Congresswoman
Lizzie
Fletcher

Governor
Stacey
Abrams

Congresswoman
Lucy
McBath

That would require adulting.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#41 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:19 pm

Repeat after me.

Senator
Beto
O'Rourke

Congresswoman
Lizzie
Fletcher

Governor
Stacey
Abrams

Congresswoman
Lucy
McBath

No. Respect has to be earned. Donny has long since forfeited any claim to respect.

Where I grew up, men who think grabbing women by the genitals is something to brag about earn contempt, not respect. That doesn't change just because they happen to work in the Oval Office. Maybe things were different where you grew up. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#42 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote: Where I grew up, men who think grabbing women by the genitals is something to brag about earn contempt, not respect. That doesn't change just because they happen to work in the Oval Office. Maybe things were different where you grew up. --Bob
But if they don't brag (on tape), but do it, along with punching them it is O.K. President William J Clinton.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#43 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:59 am

Bob78164 wrote:

Repeat after me.

Senator
Beto
O'Rourke

Congresswoman
Lizzie
Fletcher

Governor
Stacey
Abrams

Congresswoman
Lucy
McBath

No. Respect has to be earned. Donny has long since forfeited any claim to respect.

Where I grew up, men who think grabbing women by the genitals is something to brag about earn contempt, not respect. That doesn't change just because they happen to work in the Oval Office. Maybe things were different where you grew up. --Bob
You know, bob-tel, everyone knew about that and many more negative things about trump, his past and his personality, yet they elected him over your candidate anyway. Did you ever really ask yourself why that happened? Your party was very concerned that if trump lost the election, that he would contest it, challenge it, litigate it etc. But since the election, you and your party are the ones who have done just that.

The main reason trump won is because your candidate was perceived as being worse than he was. And you personify, by your posts, your hateful attitude, your self-righteousness, sanctimoniousness and close-mindedness all the reasons why most Americans, outside of your state, rejected Hillary. And you and your party have not learned a thing about that.

I don't care much for polls, and I think it's a waste of time to make any predictions. I don't know what will happen next week. But whatever happens, I will go about my life as usual, because I try to keep Washington DC out of my life as much as I can. I don't want anything from them other than what the Constitution says they are responsible for. And I will vote for those people whom I think will keep Washington DC out of my life and pockets.

If it so happens, bob-tel, that despite all your noble efforts and sending money to candidates that won't represent you, that you don't get your blue wave, and don't get power in the house or senate, do you think you might do a little more soul searching?

silverscreenselect

#44 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:34 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Your party was very concerned that if trump lost the election, that he would contest it, challenge it, litigate it etc. But since the election, you and your party are the ones who have done just that.

The main reason trump won is because your candidate was perceived as being worse than he was. And you personify, by your posts, your hateful attitude, your self-righteousness, sanctimoniousness and close-mindedness all the reasons why most Americans, outside of your state, rejected Hillary. And you and your party have not learned a thing about that.
I don't know of a single challenge or contest the Democrats made after the 2016 election. There have been a number of lawsuits filed to prevent abuses in the 2018 (and future) elections, but there have been no attempts to challenge or re-litigate the 2016 election.

Since you get almost all your news (at least all the news you don't dismiss as "fake") from right-wing sources, you have little idea about what the Democrats have been doing this election, but if you want to see hateful attitudes, self-righteousness, sanctimoniousness and close-mindedness go to a Trump rally. Or just listen to the man. Or listen to Fox News, which is 99% of the same thing.

I won't say all the Democratic candidates are great, but we've got a lot of forward-thinking progressive ones like Beto O'Rourke, Stacey Abrams, and Andrew Gillum. And you won't see Donald Trump's pictures or hear his name in Democratic commercials. We are running on progressive ideas as opposed to vague claims about a non-existent Republican health care plan, a tax cut that seems to have helped only those at the top, and scary images of Nancy Pelosi and Hispanic gang members trying to get into the country.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#45 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 am

silverscreenselect wrote:We are running on progressive ideas as opposed to vague claims about a non-existent Republican health care plan, a tax cut that seems to have helped only those at the top, and scary images of Nancy Pelosi and Hispanic gang members trying to get into the country.
Let's not forget the flat-out lies by Republican politicians who claim they want to protect coverage of pre-existing conditions while joining the lawsuit that's trying to end coverage of pre-existing conditions. --Bob

tlynn78

#46 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:26 am

Bob78164 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:We are running on progressive ideas as opposed to vague claims about a non-existent Republican health care plan, a tax cut that seems to have helped only those at the top, and scary images of Nancy Pelosi and Hispanic gang members trying to get into the country.
Let's not forget the flat-out lies by Republican politicians who claim they want to protect coverage of pre-existing conditions while joining the lawsuit that's trying to end coverage of pre-existing conditions. --Bob
Like "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan"?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#47 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:43 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Whataboutism. A majority of the American people support the Affordable Care Act.

The Republicans also lied when they told us the tax cut for billionaires will lower the deficit. To the surprise of absolutely no one who can add, it raised the deficit. A lot. And now Mitch McConnell has told us that if Republicans hold both Houses of Congress, the Republicans will (a) again try to repeal the Affordable Care Act, and (b) attack Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

It looks like Republicans are going to lose six seats here in California alone. That's what happens when you vote for a tax "cut" that actually raises taxes for most of your constituents, all to fund a huge tax cut for people who don't need it and won't spend it to boost the economy. And that's what happens when your team promises to fund that huge tax cut for billionaires by taking away benefits you and your family have worked for for decades.

And by the way, it's not as though Californians are unwilling to pay higher taxes. We voted a few years ago to increase the state income tax, and it looks like the proposition to repeal the recent gas tax increase is headed for defeat. We're willing to vote for higher taxes. We just want to make sure we're getting good value for our money. --Bob

tlynn78

#48 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:48 am

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Let's not forget the flat-out lies by Republican politicians who claim they want to protect coverage of pre-existing conditions while joining the lawsuit that's trying to end coverage of pre-existing conditions. --Bob
Whataboutism. A majority of the American people support the Affordable Care Act.

The Republicans also lied when they told us the tax cut for billionaires will lower the deficit. To the surprise of absolutely no one who can add, it raised the deficit. A lot. And now Mitch McConnell has told us that if Republicans hold both Houses of Congress, the Republicans will (a) again try to repeal the Affordable Care Act, and (b) attack Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

It looks like Republicans are going to lose six seats here in California alone. That's what happens when you vote for a tax "cut" that actually raises taxes for most of your constituents, all to fund a huge tax cut for people who don't need it and won't spend it to boost the economy. And that's what happens when your team promises to fund that huge tax cut for billionaires by taking away benefits you and your family have worked for for decades.

And by the way, it's not as though Californians are unwilling to pay higher taxes. We voted a few years ago to increase the state income tax, and it looks like the proposition to repeal the recent gas tax increase is headed for defeat. We're willing to vote for higher taxes. We just want to make sure we're getting good value for our money. --Bob
Damn, I keep forgetting when Dems do it, it doesn't count. (mustn't forget this also applies to racism)

flockofseagulls104

#49 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:16 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: Your party was very concerned that if trump lost the election, that he would contest it, challenge it, litigate it etc. But since the election, you and your party are the ones who have done just that.

I don't know of a single challenge or contest the Democrats made after the 2016 election. There have been a number of lawsuits filed to prevent abuses in the 2018 (and future) elections, but there have been no attempts to challenge or re-litigate the 2016 election.

Since you get almost all your news (at least all the news you don't dismiss as "fake") from right-wing sources, you have little idea about what the Democrats have been doing this election, but if you want to see hateful attitudes, self-righteousness, sanctimoniousness and close-mindedness go to a Trump rally. Or just listen to the man. Or listen to Fox News, which is 99% of the same thing.

I won't say all the Democratic candidates are great, but we've got a lot of forward-thinking progressive ones like Beto O'Rourke, Stacey Abrams, and Andrew Gillum. And you won't see Donald Trump's pictures or hear his name in Democratic commercials. We are running on progressive ideas as opposed to vague claims about a non-existent Republican health care plan, a tax cut that seems to have helped only those at the top, and scary images of Nancy Pelosi and Hispanic gang members trying to get into the country.
forward-thinking progressive = socialism, which has failed every time it's been tried. Medicare for all = Medicare for none. Let's turn the US into Venezuela. You turn every dem candidate into a Jon Ossoff. They know nothing, Jon Snow. Neither do you.

silverscreenselect

#50 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:36 am

forward-thinking progressive = socialism, which has failed every time it's been tried. Medicare for all = Medicare for none. Let's turn the US into Venezuela.
That's the stock response to any attempt to fix problems... that Democrats are socialists who want to turn this country into Venezuela (a country which, by the way, went into the toilet when it was run by a leader very much like Donald Trump). Somehow, all the other Westernized countries have found variations on socialized medicine without turning into Venezuela. England has had its National Health Service since the 1940's. Most of the other proposals from the more progressive Democratic candidates have also been successfully implemented in Europe as well.

In the meantime, we have a system here that allows the rich to get very, very rich while everyone else's standard of living is below what their grandparents experienced in the 1950s. And, when Democrats try to point this out, Republicans counter by waving pictures of Nancy Pelosi and stirring up hatred against minorities.