The Harvey List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: The Harvey List

#276 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:34 pm

jarnon wrote:Weinstein survivor, and Anthony Bourdain's grieving girlfriend, Asia Argento.

Asia Argento: #MeToo actress now admits to sex with underage boy

I didn't post this one right away because it's too unbelievable. But the story won't fade.
Former child actor Jimmy Bennett has accused her of sexual assault by having sex with him in 2013, when he was under the age of consent in California, which is 18. The pair met in 2004 when Argento cast Bennett, then just seven, to play her son in The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things.

. . .

Argento also claimed in the text messages that she did not know Bennett was a minor until she received a "shakedown" letter from his lawyer demanding money.
Simple math skills are useful for more than game shows.
So is IMDb.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#277 Post by jarnon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:50 pm

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#278 Post by jarnon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:58 am

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#279 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:45 pm

NY Daily News wrote:Democrats on Thursday alerted the FBI to decades-old sexual misconduct allegations against President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, according to reports and a person familiar with the matter.

The potentially damning claims, which come as the Senate prepares to vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination to the highest court of the land, were made in a letter obtained by Senate Judiciary Committee ranking member Dianne Feinstein, a Democratic source told the Daily News.

Two officials briefed on the letter’s contents told the New York Times the allegations relate to possible sexual misconduct between Kavanaugh and an unidentified woman when they were both in high school.

The nature of the allegations were not immediately known.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... story.html
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#280 Post by BackInTex » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:20 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
NY Daily News wrote:Democrats on Thursday alerted the FBI to decades-old sexual misconduct allegations against President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, according to reports and a person familiar with the matter.

The potentially damning claims, which come as the Senate prepares to vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination to the highest court of the land, were made in a letter obtained by Senate Judiciary Committee ranking member Dianne Feinstein, a Democratic source told the Daily News.

Two officials briefed on the letter’s contents told the New York Times the allegations relate to possible sexual misconduct between Kavanaugh and an unidentified woman when they were both in high school.

The nature of the allegations were not immediately known.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... story.html
This is really embarrassing for the Democrats. I'm not sure you can get more desperate or more ridiculous. But I'm not surprised.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#281 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:26 pm

BackInTex wrote: This is really embarrassing for the Democrats. I'm not sure you can get more desperate or more ridiculous. But I'm not surprised.
Unless the matters that have been referred to the FBI have merit to them, in which case it's really embarrassing for the Republicans for not vetting a candidate for the Supreme Court to be sure he had no skeletons in his closet.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#282 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:34 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote: This is really embarrassing for the Democrats. I'm not sure you can get more desperate or more ridiculous. But I'm not surprised.
Unless the matters that have been referred to the FBI have merit to them, in which case it's really embarrassing for the Republicans for not vetting a candidate for the Supreme Court to be sure he had no skeletons in his closet.
How many times has he been vetted?
I'm not sorry, but you people are INSANE. When is it going to STOP! at long last, have you no decency?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#283 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:59 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I'm not sorry, but you people are INSANE. When is it going to STOP! at long last, have you no decency?
We're more decent than the other side.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#284 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Shocker! A high school boy says, does, or tries to do something inappropriate to, with or in the presence of a high school girl. I bet this never happened before or since, not counting the high school boys (okay, and girls) that are frequently inappropriate in every area of their lives.

This doesn't include every adolescent, of course. There are always a few who are so socially inept that they can't find an audience or target for their inappropriate instincts, or perhaps are too busy standing up to bullies.

Should we expect the formerly youthful accuser to show up at a news conference with Gloria Allred or her daughter?
Last edited by silvercamaro on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

flockofseagulls104

#285 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
We're more decent than the other side.
Of course you are. You keep telling yourself that.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/uZpAA_wgsk0[/youtube]
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#286 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:14 pm

silvercamaro wrote:Shocker! A high school boy says, does, or tries to do something inappropriate to, with or in the presence of a high school girl. I bet this never happened before or since, not counting the high school boys (okay, and girls) that are frequently inappropriate in every area of their lives.

This doesn't include every adolescent, of course. There are always a few who are so socially inept that they can't find an audience or target for their inappropriate instincts, or perhaps are too busy standing up to bullies.

Should we expect the formerly youthful accuser to show up at a news conference with Gloria Alred or her daughter?
Senator Feinstein is not a bomb-thrower. In fact, she's taking heat in California during her re-election campaign (against a more liberal Democrat) specifically because she is viewed as too accommodating to Republicans. For example, I do not believe she has yet announced her intended vote on Kavanaugh.

Senator Feinstein received the letter from Rep. Anna Eshoo, who in turn received it directly from one of her constituents who has insisted on confidentiality. (She probably has in mind the treatment given to Anita Hill.) If the allegations merely concerned ordinary high school crap, I can't imagine Senator Feinstein would have involved the FBI. I have no idea of the specifics of the allegations, and even less whether there's any basis to them. Neither does anyone else in this thread, which we all would do well to remember. But given that it's Feinstein who sent it to the FBI, I have no doubt that the allegations, if true, would be extremely serious. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#287 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:18 pm

I've never been prouder to NOT be a Democrat.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#288 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:Shocker! A high school boy says, does, or tries to do something inappropriate to, with or in the presence of a high school girl. I bet this never happened before or since, not counting the high school boys (okay, and girls) that are frequently inappropriate in every area of their lives.

Should we expect the formerly youthful accuser to show up at a news conference with Gloria Alred or her daughter?
Senator Feinstein is not a bomb-thrower. In fact, she's taking heat in California during her re-election campaign (against a more liberal Democrat) specifically because she is viewed as too accommodating to Republicans. For example, I do not believe she has yet announced her intended vote on Kavanaugh.

Senator Feinstein received the letter from Rep. Anna Eshoo, who in turn received it directly from one of her constituents who has insisted on confidentiality. (She probably has in mind the treatment given to Anita Hill.) If the allegations merely concerned ordinary high school crap, I can't imagine Senator Feinstein would have involved the FBI. I have no idea of the specifics of the allegations, and even less whether there's any basis to them. Neither does anyone else in this thread, which we all would do well to remember. But given that it's Feinstein who sent it to the FBI, I have no doubt that the allegations, if true, would be extremely serious. --Bob
Must be true. Several articles on google from different sources with the headline "Feinstein is not a bomb thrower."

True, I don't know the specifics and neither do you, and obviously, she doesn't either, or she wouldn't have sent it out for investigation despite the fact the accuser doesn't want it to be investigated or to be identified. But we need to ignore the nature of the evidence. It's the seriousness of the charge that's important. Regardless, it's a quite convenient delaying tactic, don't you think?

"the treatment given to Anita Hill." What about the treatment given to Clarence Thomas?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#289 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Must be true. Several articles on google from different sources with the headline "Feinstein is not a bomb thrower."

True, I don't know the specifics and neither do you, and obviously, she doesn't either, or she wouldn't have sent it out for investigation despite the fact the accuser doesn't want it to be investigated or to be identified. But we need to ignore the nature of the evidence. It's the seriousness of the charge that's important. Regardless, it's a quite convenient delaying tactic, don't you think?

"the treatment given to Anita Hill." What about the treatment given to Clarence Thomas?
I believe Anita, so I think Thomas came out far better than he deserved.

The accuser doesn't want to be publicly identified. No one said she didn't want her allegations investigated. And Senator Feinstein obviously knows what the allegations are because Rep. Eshoo gave her the letter. Would you suggest that Senator Feinstein should have sat on the letter and not have it investigated? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#290 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:48 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: How many times has he been vetted?
Do you really think that if Donald Trump had his heart set on this guy that his people were to tell Trump no?

Or do you think they would try to rush things through, bury records, accuse Democrats of trying to hold up the process and hope nothing came to light?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#291 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:49 pm

I'll add this: Senator Feinstein has thus far declined to share the letter with other senators on the Committee, including the other Democrats. For better or worse, her decision to refuse to release the letter to the public is unilateral. --Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#292 Post by Estonut » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I'll add this: Senator Feinstein has thus far declined to share the letter with other senators on the Committee, including the other Democrats. For better or worse, her decision to refuse to release the letter to the public is unilateral.
The letter may not be created yet...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#293 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:32 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Senator Feinstein is not a bomb-thrower. In fact, she's taking heat in California during her re-election campaign (against a more liberal Democrat) specifically because she is viewed as too accommodating to Republicans. For example, I do not believe she has yet announced her intended vote on Kavanaugh.

I believe Anita, so I think Thomas came out far better than he deserved.

The accuser doesn't want to be publicly identified. No one said she didn't want her allegations investigated. And Senator Feinstein obviously knows what the allegations are because Rep. Eshoo gave her the letter. Would you suggest that Senator Feinstein should have sat on the letter and not have it investigated? --Bob
I believe Thomas, and that he got a high tech lynching because he was conservative and black. NO PROOF of anything, just accusations, and NO ONE said or even hinted he laid a hand on anyone.
Yet Feinstein is concerned about a charge coming out of nowhere about something that ALLEGEDLY happened in High School, but was not concerned at all about THE FACT that a sitting President was having sex with an intern in a closet off the Oval Office.
How compartmentalized the mind of a democrat must be to deal with all the contradictions and hypocrisy.

“That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further, and I have honored that decision. I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities,” she said.

So I AM going to press the matter further.
So the MSM is already trying to find the accuser, and will, eventually. So much for honoring that decision.
They might have already found out what the foul Kavanaugh did:
A source who said they were briefed on the contents of the letter said it described an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman that took place when both were 17 years old and at a party. According to the source, Kavanaugh and a male friend had locked her in a room against her will, making her feel threatened, but she was able to get out of the room. The Guardian has not verified the apparent claims in the letter. It is not yet clear who wrote it.
We should have a law! No one who is accused of such a thing should ever be allowed to be even a dog catcher.

flockofseagulls104

#294 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Didn't you know that Donald Trump had this guy on the list he gave out over a year ago?

Do you think will Democrats try to hold up the process?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 769930002/

fixed it for you.

Bob Juch

#295 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:47 pm

Didn't you know that Donald Trump had this guy on the list he gave out over a year ago?

Do you think will Democrats try to hold up the process?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 769930002/

fixed it for you.
Of course! Tit for tat.

silverscreenselect

#296 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:16 pm

Bob78164 wrote: If the allegations merely concerned ordinary high school crap, I can't imagine Senator Feinstein would have involved the FBI. I have no idea of the specifics of the allegations, and even less whether there's any basis to them. Neither does anyone else in this thread, which we all would do well to remember. But given that it's Feinstein who sent it to the FBI, I have no doubt that the allegations, if true, would be extremely serious. --Bob
That's my thinking on this as well. No other news organization has confirmed the Guardian's story, which is about as innocent as it gets in these matters and is phrased that the Guardian's source was briefed on the contents of the letter (e.g.; didn't see the letter himself or herself). And from the way the Guardian's story is phrased, it's based on a single source they haven't been able to confirm.

My feel is like Bob's; I don't think Feinstein would be wasting the FBI's time on something of this nature that happened 35 years ago. One thing is pretty clear in cases of sexual abuse; they don't just happen once. Whether it's Roy Moore or Bill Cosby or Kevin Spacey or Harvey Weinstein, the abusers do it over and over again. And usually, once the first person complains, others come forward to confirm it. Even in the age of #MeToo, no one wants to be the first precisely because they'll get torn to pieces by the opposition.

This entire confirmation process is being rushed through by the Republicans, so don't blame Feinstein and others for bringing up things at the last minute when the Republicans stonewalled getting the information out there, then tried to rush the process through.

flockofseagulls104

#297 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:18 pm

Bob78164 wrote: If the allegations merely concerned ordinary high school crap, I can't imagine Senator Feinstein would have involved the FBI. I have no idea of the specifics of the allegations, and even less whether there's any basis to them. Neither does anyone else in this thread, which we all would do well to remember. But given that it's Feinstein who sent it to the FBI, I have no doubt that the allegations, if true, would be extremely serious. --Bob
That's my thinking on this as well. No other news organization has confirmed the Guardian's story, which is about as innocent as it gets in these matters and is phrased that the Guardian's source was briefed on the contents of the letter (e.g.; didn't see the letter himself or herself). And from the way the Guardian's story is phrased, it's based on a single source they haven't been able to confirm.

My feel is like Bob's; I don't think Feinstein would be wasting the FBI's time on something of this nature that happened 35 years ago. One thing is pretty clear in cases of sexual abuse; they don't just happen once. Whether it's Roy Moore or Bill Cosby or Kevin Spacey or Harvey Weinstein, the abusers do it over and over again. And usually, once the first person complains, others come forward to confirm it. Even in the age of #MeToo, no one wants to be the first precisely because they'll get torn to pieces by the opposition.

This entire confirmation process is being rushed through by the Republicans, so don't blame Feinstein and others for bringing up things at the last minute when the Republicans stonewalled getting the information out there, then tried to rush the process through.
And just to set the record straight: Merritt Garland would NOT have been confirmed had he been given a hearing. Sources familiar with the opposition strategy have just reported that Garland was obscenely dressed up in a MONKEY costume for Halloween when he was 3 years old. That fact was going to revealed after his confirmation hearings had it looked like he was getting the needed votes. McConnell decided to nix the hearings in order to spare Garland the shame and damage to his reputation.

earendel

#298 Post by earendel » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:06 pm

So now that the woman has come forward, and there is evidence that she reported this to a therapist years ago, does this change anyone's opinion? Of course not.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob Juch

#299 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:18 pm

earendel wrote:So now that the woman has come forward, and there is evidence that she reported this to a therapist years ago, does this change anyone's opinion? Of course not.
It changed my opinion.

earendel

#300 Post by earendel » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:20 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:So now that the woman has come forward, and there is evidence that she reported this to a therapist years ago, does this change anyone's opinion? Of course not.
It changed my opinion.
You supported Kavanaugh before this?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."