Okay, folks, let me know. . .

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Okay, folks, let me know. . .

#1 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:34 am

that you've made it through the ice back to your hotel rooms safely.

I completely forgot that my car is parked at Hobby Lobby, as I arranged my ride to OKC at the last minute while Ellie already was approaching Norman. The car can stay there until tomorrow afternoon, or Monday, or whenever the streets start to melt. I have enough food and, more importantly, dog food to manage until I can get somebody to take me across the bridge.

We were NOT supposed to get this much ice so quickly!
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Okay, folks, let me know. . .

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:57 am

Everyone is safely domiciled for the night.

Here's hoping that the ice that came in so fast leaves that quickly.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:02 am

SportsFan68 wrote:Everyone is safely domiciled for the night.

Here's hoping that the ice that came in so fast leaves that quickly.
Thanks, Sprots.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

christie1111
11:11

#4 Post by christie1111 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:55 am

Hope you guys all had fun. Sorry to hear about the ice. Be safe!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:46 am

I made it back last night, and based upon careful research of television news, ODOT and MoDOT websites, and actual field observations... I have decided to just stay another day. Will try again tonight to break out of this God-forsaken state that continues to show its love to me year after year....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:31 am

littlebeast13 wrote:I made it back last night, and based upon careful research of television news, ODOT and MoDOT websites, and actual field observations... I have decided to just stay another day. Will try again tonight to break out of this God-forsaken state that continues to show its love to me year after year....

lb13
I'm glad you're all safe.

And...found it!

SpacemanSpiff

#7 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:17 pm

We have some weird weather here in Richmond -- it was 70 degrees this afternoon, but will turn cold tonight. Rain in the morning, turning to sleet, then snow (3 to 8 inches) and a low of 10 tomorrow night. Go figure.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:25 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:I made it back last night, and based upon careful research of television news, ODOT and MoDOT websites, and actual field observations... I have decided to just stay another day. Will try again tonight to break out of this God-forsaken state that continues to show its love to me year after year....

lb13
They say sub-ZERO wind chills tonight. :roll:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:26 pm

SpacemanSpiff wrote:We have some weird weather here in Richmond -- it was 70 degrees this afternoon, but will turn cold tonight. Rain in the morning, turning to sleet, then snow (3 to 8 inches) and a low of 10 tomorrow night. Go figure.
You're getting it worse than we will but we're supposed to have freezing rain tomorrow as well.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#10 Post by Estonut » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:35 pm

You're staying at the No Name Inn? That place is infested with rodents and porcidillos. It's $129 a night and not close to anything.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:51 pm

Estonut wrote:
You're staying at the No Name Inn? That place is infested with rodents and porcidillos. It's $129 a night and not close to anything.

If only an out of towner had warned me about it first....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Current photo of I-35E south of Dallas:

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#14 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:23 pm

Home again, home again, pigladillo pig!

All I had to do was get to El Reno without skidding on that horrific glare ice, a species of danger previously unknown to me.

Well, that's not all I had to do. There was a little snow flurry at approximately the OK-TX state line, but it was nothing, and I do mean nothing, compared to that glare ice.

Then a half hour from Moriarty, some bonehead trucker smashed into the truck in front of him, causing a two-truck pileup (no injuries, MUCH better than last year's multi-truck pileup cause by a poor doggie running out onto the freeway and in which the poor dog unfortunately was killed). Anyway, we crawled along in one lane until we got past the pileup, and THEN it was clear sailing.

The muttlies were so happy to see me; it was very flattering.

GOOD LUCK to everybody else.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

#15 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:44 am

SportsFan68 wrote:Home again, home again, pigladillo pig!

All I had to do was get to El Reno without skidding on that horrific glare ice, a species of danger previously unknown to me.

Well, that's not all I had to do. There was a little snow flurry at approximately the OK-TX state line, but it was nothing, and I do mean nothing, compared to that glare ice.

Then a half hour from Moriarty, some bonehead trucker smashed into the truck in front of him, causing a two-truck pileup (no injuries, MUCH better than last year's multi-truck pileup cause by a poor doggie running out onto the freeway and in which the poor dog unfortunately was killed). Anyway, we crawled along in one lane until we got past the pileup, and THEN it was clear sailing.

The muttlies were so happy to see me; it was very flattering.

GOOD LUCK to everybody else.
You drove there? That's an 11 hour drive. :roll: