The Big Marathon Post!!!!!1111

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: The Big Marathon Post!!!!!1111

#26 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:01 pm

Snaxx wrote:
ulysses5109 wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:
Would someone else want to be uly?
Hell to the no!
ulysses5109
Imp
I actually started thinking Uly was recycling that fiery squirrel avatar today.
I was also trying to use the wrong access card to get into the building at work today and called security for a new card, only to call them back and apologize.
The coffee was slow to kick in this Monday morning. Next Monday it will have to be espresso.
I guess you aren't aware that espresso has less caffeine than regular coffee. Since it's roasted to the point where it's almost burnt, there's much less caffeine in each bean so that even when it's concentrated it adds up to less.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Snaxx

#27 Post by Snaxx » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:07 pm

cindy.wellman wrote: When is the NYC marathon usually held? The reason I ask is because it is sort of funny that it is being held the day we lose daylight savings. Total Seinfeld, eh? I guess it would be worse if this was during the spring time change. :)
That coincidence has been the norm lately. It will continue unless either Congress or race organizers make changes to their respective schedules.
---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

peacock2121

#28 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:26 am

Snaxx wrote:
cindy.wellman wrote: When is the NYC marathon usually held? The reason I ask is because it is sort of funny that it is being held the day we lose daylight savings. Total Seinfeld, eh? I guess it would be worse if this was during the spring time change. :)
That coincidence has been the norm lately. It will continue unless either Congress or race organizers make changes to their respective schedules.
It is a gift!

southnyack42

#29 Post by southnyack42 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:48 pm

I just want to wish you the best on your adventure, Clem! I think pea has been able to really mention all the important points. The crowds are absolutely amazing and will inspire you to keep going.I even had people offer me a hit on their joint (like I needed any substance to help slow me down! :D ) I know another thought that propelled me to the finish line "If I drop out, how will I get back?" Positive thinking is best, of course, but that helped,. too. Have fun and enjoy the extra hour of sleep!

clem21
Nose Exploder

#30 Post by clem21 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 pm

southnyack42 wrote:I just want to wish you the best on your adventure, Clem! I think pea has been able to really mention all the important points. The crowds are absolutely amazing and will inspire you to keep going.I even had people offer me a hit on their joint (like I needed any substance to help slow me down! :D ) I know another thought that propelled me to the finish line "If I drop out, how will I get back?" Positive thinking is best, of course, but that helped,. too. Have fun and enjoy the extra hour of sleep!
Thank you! I think I'm more motivated by the "If I drop out I'll never forgive myself for as long as I live."
"Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live..."
-Charles Bukowski

2011 [Bleep]house Rats Award Winner
2011 I've Been Everywhere New England Region Co-Champion

southnyack42

#31 Post by southnyack42 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:09 pm

I can understand that! It is a great opportunity and I look forward to hearing (reading) about the great time that you will have. I have only done one other marathon, Marine Corps in DC, but nothing matches the excitement of NY!!!

Bob Juch

#32 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Clem, after this you'll have to do a Mud Run.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

southnyack42

#33 Post by southnyack42 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Clem, after this you'll have to do a Mud Run.
I can help prepare you for those, Clem, they're a lot of fun and much less work!!!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#34 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Clem, all the best to you in the incredible endeavor. I'm sorry I haven't posted previously but I'm just amazed that people do this. It's a physical/mental thing I cannot imagine. Which is why it was so cool Pea and Nyack did it, too.

We have the Ironman here in The Woodlands now and cheering people on as they push through pain and agony just ASTOUNDS me.

I vaguely, vaguely, understand doing something you have never done before that you don't know you can do. I've done that in non-physical things in the past many years. Painting, playing piano for church for years, getting through things. I know that you never EVER stop yourself from believing you can do something, because magical thinking, constant practice, constant practice, constant practice, getting your body and mind to memorize what you have to do.......WORKS!

Go Clem!
Well, then

clem21
Nose Exploder

#35 Post by clem21 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:42 pm

southnyack42 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Clem, after this you'll have to do a Mud Run.
I can help prepare you for those, Clem, they're a lot of fun and much less work!!!
You know it! I am so in!
-Charles Bukowski

clem21
Nose Exploder

#36 Post by clem21 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:46 pm

Beebs52 wrote:Clem, all the best to you in the incredible endeavor. I'm sorry I haven't posted previously but I'm just amazed that people do this. It's a physical/mental thing I cannot imagine. Which is why it was so cool Pea and Nyack did it, too.

We have the Ironman here in The Woodlands now and cheering people on as they push through pain and agony just ASTOUNDS me.

I vaguely, vaguely, understand doing something you have never done before that you don't know you can do. I've done that in non-physical things in the past many years. Painting, playing piano for church for years, getting through things. I know that you never EVER stop yourself from believing you can do something, because magical thinking, constant practice, constant practice, constant practice, getting your body and mind to memorize what you have to do.......WORKS!

Go Clem!
Now THAT was inspiring. I truly enjoy setting the bars really high for myself and then committing wholeheartedly towards achieving those goals. That's how I ended up on WWTBAM in the first place. That's how I ended up living on my own in Florida as a teenager. I think that's a quality that has served me well in the past and it's one of the things that I am most proud of...
-Charles Bukowski

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#37 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:22 pm

clem21 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:Clem, all the best to you in the incredible endeavor. I'm sorry I haven't posted previously but I'm just amazed that people do this. It's a physical/mental thing I cannot imagine. Which is why it was so cool Pea and Nyack did it, too.

Go Clem!
Now THAT was inspiring. I truly enjoy setting the bars really high for myself and then committing wholeheartedly towards achieving those goals. That's how I ended up on WWTBAM in the first place. That's how I ended up living on my own in Florida as a teenager. I think that's a quality that has served me well in the past and it's one of the things that I am most proud of...
Awesome. You know what? The first time I auditioned for BAM I had a sinus infection, had panic attacks and was just thrilled that I made it through even though I wasn't picked. It was during the days when they had five people sitting in a row doing the weird video. I was totally pumped about myself for just surviving. (though well I would have been happier about being picked. Whatevs.)

Beat the shit outta all those others!

You are a very cool dude.
Well, then

peacock2121

#38 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:50 am

Go Clem!
One of my 'go to' thoughts is: TRAINING IS THE OPPOSITE OF HOPING.

You have trained for many things that required things from you that you had no idea how you could do. You trained - didn't throw in the towel, kept going and kept doing.

You, Miss Beebs, have done your own marathon many times.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#39 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:53 am

Good luck and remember...breathe...a lot...and don't forget to put one foot in front of the other.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

MarleysGh0st

#40 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:55 am

ulysses5019 wrote:Good luck and remember...breathe...a lot...and don't forget to put one foot in front of the other.
About 50,000 times! :mrgreen:

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#41 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:20 pm

I found you a good coach.....

GO CLEM GO!!!!!!1

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

heelsrule1988

#42 Post by heelsrule1988 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Found it!

Snaxx

#43 Post by Snaxx » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:15 pm

The app is telling me I have 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 messages yet I've looked high and low and cannot find. So if the marathon peeps here are contacting me there, I'm not getting the messages.
Spoiler
Actually I've learned the "sliding" thing by now it just does not bring up the messages nor does choosing any of the options in the app.
---

Snaxx

#44 Post by Snaxx » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:24 am

Joey at mile 4
---

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#45 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:32 am

Why does it not suprise me that he's running with a bunch of exceptionally attractive young women?
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#46 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:47 am

silvercamaro wrote:Why does it not suprise me that he's running with a bunch of exceptionally attractive young women?

And the one on the far left is absolutely checking him out.....

Clem's Groupies are everywhere.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#47 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:55 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:Why does it not suprise me that he's running with a bunch of exceptionally attractive young women?

lb13
Hmmn. I wonder if it's a coincidence that the two girls on the left are dressed in shirts that match MBRS.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#48 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:58 am

silvercamaro wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Hmmn. I wonder if it's a coincidence that the two girls on the left are dressed in shirts that match MBRS.

I can't tell..... do their shirts say they are running for the NSAS?

lb13

clem21
Nose Exploder

#49 Post by clem21 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:21 pm

LB, I saw this early this morning and it's AMAZING!
-Charles Bukowski

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#50 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:50 pm

clem21 wrote:LB, I saw this early this morning and it's AMAZING!

Not as amazing as the person it was drawn for.....

How many of the other runners were supported by cute little rodents.....?

lb13