Maytag week

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
vettech

Maytag week

#1 Post by vettech » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:14 pm

I watched the show with the hubby today. He hadn't been watching this week and didn't know anything about the whole Maytag giveaway thing. He asked me about it, so I explained it. His response: "WTH, is this The &^#%ing Price is Right now?"

:lol: Well, it cracked me up.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

Re: Maytag week

#2 Post by kayrharris » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:44 pm

The show isn't on here anymore. I was expecting a post about a broken appliance. :)

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:32 pm

vettech wrote:His response: "WTH, is this The &^#%ing Price is Right now?"
No, it's still more Deal or No Deal. But the random product placements are good for TPTB's revenue, without even costing Maytag very many appliances, so far. :|

Jeemie

#4 Post by Jeemie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:35 am

vettech wrote:I watched the show with the hubby today. He hadn't been watching this week and didn't know anything about the whole Maytag giveaway thing. He asked me about it, so I explained it. His response: "WTH, is this The &^#%ing Price is Right now?"

Oh my GOD, that's funny.

I watched BAM today for the first time in a while while at the gym, and I thought EXACTLY the same thing!
1979 City of Champions 2009

Jeemie

#5 Post by Jeemie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:33 am

BTW, I also saw from the closed captioning that this was Winner Wednesday, by which I thought they meant this was the day the Club Millionaire Winners would be on.

But the second contestant was from Harrisburg, PA, and no one from Harrisburg won the contest.

So did Winner Wednesday mean that just one of the three winners was on?
1979 City of Champions 2009

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:32 am

Jeemie wrote:BTW, I also saw from the closed captioning that this was Winner Wednesday, by which I thought they meant this was the day the Club Millionaire Winners would be on.

But the second contestant was from Harrisburg, PA, and no one from Harrisburg won the contest.

So did Winner Wednesday mean that just one of the three winners was on?
No, Winner Wednesday is when they announce who the latest sweepstakes winner is on the Club Millionaire web page. (You have to wait for the banner pages to scroll through or use the arrow buttons to scroll through them, yourself.) This being Thursday, they've either already taken down the name of the lastest Mortgage or Rent Giveaway winner or they never actually displayed it, yesterday.

Miscellaneous observations:
1. They're running this week's Maytag contest simultaneously with the Mortgage or Rent Giveaway contest; entering the day's code word gets you an entry in both contests.
2. The TV promos during the Come & Play contest said to visit the web site on Winner Wednesday to see if you're a winner, but since that required you to be OTC on Tuesday to receive a phone call, it was guaranteed that if you hadn't received the call, you weren't a winner. The rules for these other contests, OTOH, don't say anything about a qualifying phone call.
3. TPTB haven't said anything about when the Come & Play episodes will tape or air.

Appliance Hitman
Merry Man

#7 Post by Appliance Hitman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:42 am

They fixed the oven and replaced the dishwasher here on Tuesday, so I guess I've got to head to NY for more victims! :twisted:
If I had a hammer...

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:45 am

Appliance Hitman wrote:They fixed the oven and replaced the dishwasher here on Tuesday, so I guess I've got to head to NY for more victims! :twisted:

Good idea. Get farther away from me......

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#9 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:53 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Appliance Hitman wrote:They fixed the oven and replaced the dishwasher here on Tuesday, so I guess I've got to head to NY for more victims! :twisted:

lb13
Hey--if the oven problem is just an element, it cost me less than 50 bucks and I fixed it myself in 11 minutes start to finish. I mean, it really was THAT easy. I was holding off fixing it in case I could get a new oven out of the deal, but having to replace so much other stuff made that idea a non-starter... :cry:
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#10 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:58 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Hey--if the oven problem is just an element, it cost me less than 50 bucks and I fixed it myself in 11 minutes start to finish. I mean, it really was THAT easy. I was holding off fixing it in case I could get a new oven out of the deal, but having to replace so much other stuff made that idea a non-starter... :cry:

It has something to do with the ignition.... I looked around as much as I could on the internet after it originally broke down, but was kind of hampered by small things...... like it doesn't even have a brand name anywhere on it! I think I was finally able to track down approximately what it might be by a serial number on one of the inside parts....

The oven we had growing up was powered by pilot lights. I know how to deal with them. It took me an hour to figure out that this one had no pilot light. If I ever get it fixed, I'm gonna call the same bunch that rigged up my washer to work again. They're pretty reasonable....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

minimetoo26

#11 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:02 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

It has something to do with the ignition.... I looked around as much as I could on the internet after it originally broke down, but was kind of hampered by small things...... like it doesn't even have a brand name anywhere on it! I think I was finally able to track down approximately what it might be by a serial number on one of the inside parts....

The oven we had growing up was powered by pilot lights. I know how to deal with them. It took me an hour to figure out that this one had no pilot light. If I ever get it fixed, I'm gonna call the same bunch that rigged up my washer to work again. They're pretty reasonable....

lb13
Yeah--my s-i-l's fairly new oven is kaput, and all she knows is the display reads "7." That I have no clue what to do with. Them new-fangled electronics are harder to deal with than good old-fashioned elements that start shooting off sparks. I mean, there's your problem right there...
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#12 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:06 pm

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:

lb13
Yeah--my s-i-l's fairly new oven is kaput, and all she knows is the display reads "7." That I have no clue what to do with. Them new-fangled electronics are harder to deal with than good old-fashioned elements that start shooting off sparks. I mean, there's your problem right there...

I'm surprised it was new enough to not be like the classics I remember. The oven was the only appliance that came with the place. And I'm not sure what the deal is with the lack of brand names, but I noticed when I had my AC unit checked back in June that there was not a brand name to be found on it either! There was a spot where the brand name used to be, but it was blank.....

lb13

minimetoo26

#13 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:10 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

I'm surprised it was new enough to not be like the classics I remember. The oven was the only appliance that came with the place. And I'm not sure what the deal is with the lack of brand names, but I noticed when I had my AC unit checked back in June that there was not a brand name to be found on it either! There was a spot where the brand name used to be, but it was blank.....

lb13
I bet the serial numbers have been filed off as well... :P :P

-Carl Sagan

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#14 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:12 pm

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:

lb13

The only thing I need serial numbers on is my money, otherwise I can't track it.....

lb13

minimetoo26

#15 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:17 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

The only thing I need serial numbers on is my money, otherwise I can't track it.....

lb13
Your new oven is on the way!

-Carl Sagan

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#16 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:26 pm

minimetoo26 wrote:Your new oven is on the way!

That actually looks like my oven!

Hey!!! Come back with that!!!!

lb13

minimetoo26

#17 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:28 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:Your new oven is on the way!

That actually looks like my oven!

Hey!!! Come back with that!!!!

lb13
So now you know where it came from originally...

-Carl Sagan

Queen Fantine VIII
Her Majesty

#18 Post by Queen Fantine VIII » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:24 pm

vettech wrote:I watched the show with the hubby today. He hadn't been watching this week and didn't know anything about the whole Maytag giveaway thing. He asked me about it, so I explained it. His response: "WTH, is this The &^#%ing Price is Right now?"

More Queen for a Day......
Exeunt Regina......

Queen Fantine VIII
Her Majesty

#19 Post by Queen Fantine VIII » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:25 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

lb13
Could be worse. The pilot light could be in the crawlspace......

Hey! Have you checked out the crawlspace to make sure? Maybe it's problem solved!
Exeunt Regina......

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#20 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Queen Fantine VIII wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:

lb13
Could be worse. The pilot light could be in the crawlspace......

Hey! Have you checked out the crawlspace to make sure? Maybe it's problem solved!

I'll see if there's one under my slab.....

lb13

Queen Fantine VIII
Her Majesty

#21 Post by Queen Fantine VIII » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:38 pm

All right, the CT and the clock thing tells me that's Christie and the Red Bull and the accoutrements tell me that...............

she's T&Ting BeBe into a poodle for Halloween?
Exeunt Regina......

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#22 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:42 pm

Queen Fantine VIII wrote:All right, the CT and the clock thing tells me that's Christie and the Red Bull and the accoutrements tell me that...............

Oh..... so close!

lb13

a1mamacat

#23 Post by a1mamacat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:46 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Queen Fantine VIII wrote:All right, the CT and the clock thing tells me that's Christie and the Red Bull and the accoutrements tell me that...............

Oh..... so close!

lb13
Isnt' that a rendering of what could have happend to christie's co-worker of the laptop shutting fame???
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Queen Fantine VIII
Her Majesty

#24 Post by Queen Fantine VIII » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:49 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:

Oh..... so close!

lb13
1. It took you a week?

2. There is no Red Bull in that story, nor a red herring

3. Brazil is not in Europe (even though my nephew thinks that Argentina is.....)

4. I thought Christie was using a caliper to hold BeBe's head still for the false eyelashes. We all know how much the T&T'ers just LOVE to squirm around like a skinned eel on a greased griddle when it's eyelash time......
Exeunt Regina......

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#25 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Queen Fantine VIII wrote:1. It took you a week?
It took me longer to draw the avatar I was sporting a year ago this week.... something about a gondola.
Queen Fantine VIII wrote:2. There is no Red Bull in that story, nor a red herring
Added to add contrast between the generations depicted... I got more detail on the co-worker from chirstie in chat....
Queen Fantine VIII wrote:3. Brazil is not in Europe (even though my nephew thinks that Argentina is.....)
No it isn't.... I didn't re-read the post before I drew the avatar to pick up that detail. It was a toss-up between Brazil and Singapore, the frequent meeting room guests christie often talks about....
Queen Fantine VIII wrote:4. I thought Christie was using a caliper to hold BeBe's head still for the false eyelashes. We all know how much the T&T'ers just LOVE to squirm around like a skinned eel on a greased griddle when it's eyelash time......
I would not know such things since I neverevereverevereverever watch that show!!!!!1

I am relieved someone finally noticed the new avatar, though. I spent a whole hour on it, dammit!!!!1

lb13