I Slept Through The Fun...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

I Slept Through The Fun...

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:00 am

Someone snuck into the store last night while we were all on lunch (apparently through one of the construction entrances), went to Electronics, nabbed a TV, pushed it all the way through the store and back out where he came in, and nobody noticed it until he was making his getaway. Just about everyone was up at the front doors either smoking or getting some fresh, humid air. I was back in the break room taking a nap when it happened....

And here I thought if I posted anything about my night at work this morning, it would've been about the flag they put up in the break room for the Fourth. I had to laugh as soon as I saw it. It has not 7, not 9, but ELEVEN horizontal rows of stars. 61 stars in all. The things they make in China nowadays....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

christie1111
11:11

Re: I Slept Through The Fun...

#2 Post by christie1111 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:01 am

Found it!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#3 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:12 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Someone snuck into the store last night while we were all on lunch (apparently through one of the construction entrances), went to Electronics, nabbed a TV, pushed it all the way through the store and back out where he came in, and nobody noticed it until he was making his getaway. Just about everyone was up at the front doors either smoking or getting some fresh, humid air. I was back in the break room taking a nap when it happened....

And here I thought if I posted anything about my night at work this morning, it would've been about the flag they put up in the break room for the Fourth. I had to laugh as soon as I saw it. It has not 7, not 9, but ELEVEN horizontal rows of stars. 61 stars in all. The things they make in China nowadays....

lb13

Did he/she get away?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:14 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:Someone snuck into the store last night while we were all on lunch (apparently through one of the construction entrances), went to Electronics, nabbed a TV, pushed it all the way through the store and back out where he came in, and nobody noticed it until he was making his getaway. Just about everyone was up at the front doors either smoking or getting some fresh, humid air. I was back in the break room taking a nap when it happened....

lb13

Did he/she get away?

Yep....

There was even a cop writing a ticket on the highway right in front of the store at the time....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#5 Post by kayrharris » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:24 am

So did the alert personnel catch the guy?

He may come back and try it again if it worked that well. 8)

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:27 am

kayrharris wrote:So did the alert personnel catch the guy?

kay

What alert personnel? It was lunchtime!

lb13

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#7 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:35 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
kayrharris wrote:So did the alert personnel catch the guy?

kay

What alert personnel? It was lunchtime!

lb13

And someone was napping in the back room with the greeters.

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:38 am

Why would anyone want to steal a Walmart TV? Best Buy I can understand.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#9 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:20 am

I'm beginning to think that this is an inside job. Someone knew the nap schedule of the aisle monitor's naps.

christie1111

#10 Post by christie1111 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:21 am

I think LB gave a clue. A $3000 TV is a good freebie.

Pretty clever guy. Maybe a former employee who knew the set up?

TheConfessor

#11 Post by TheConfessor » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:54 am

lb13
Okay, so the dude saw the sign and obeyed its instructions to rollback the TV to where he came in. What's the problem?

MarleysGh0st

#12 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:35 am

littlebeast13 wrote:And here I thought if I posted anything about my night at work this morning, it would've been about the flag they put up in the break room for the Fourth. I had to laugh as soon as I saw it. It has not 7, not 9, but ELEVEN horizontal rows of stars. 61 stars in all. The things they make in China nowadays....
61 stars!?!?!?

Did some politician misspeak without someone posting a thread about it here? :P

rayxtwo

#13 Post by rayxtwo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:12 am

A little more than a "Five Finger Discount".

Ray

P. S. Anybody need a TV. They got one on Craigslist cheap :D

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#14 Post by minimetoo26 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:16 pm

lb13
Dude, I covet that flag! Steal it!!
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

christie1111

#15 Post by christie1111 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:22 pm

minimetoo26 wrote:

lb13

Mini, just go tonight while everyone is out front having a smoke break (or sleeping) and get one yourself!

:D

minimetoo26

#16 Post by minimetoo26 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:25 pm

christie1111 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:

lb13

Mini, just go tonight while everyone is out front having a smoke break (or sleeping) and get one yourself!

Mini-me's coach has been calling 8:30 am practices. I'd be the one sleeping!

This is THE WORST weekend to be doing the single mom thing, and he took Stephen with him again, so I don't even have my backup babysitter/chauffeur... :twisted: :twisted:
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

christie1111

#17 Post by christie1111 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:40 pm

minimetoo26 wrote:
christie1111 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:

Mini-me's coach has been calling 8:30 am practices. I'd be the one sleeping!

This is THE WORST weekend to be doing the single mom thing, and he took Stephen with him again, so I don't even have my backup babysitter/chauffeur... :twisted: :twisted:

And here I am, alone in my home, wishing someone was around.

Silly me! :D

The 1111s are playing golf in NY, at the beach in RI and at the beach in town.

I am taking my time with things like the laundry, dishes, gardening. Lots of cooking shows to give me a break. Although they are currently making sticky buns and since I made them for about 50 people last weekend, I probably don't need that help.

MarleysGh0st

#18 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:32 pm

minimetoo26 wrote:This is THE WORST weekend to be doing the single mom thing, and he took Stephen with him again, so I don't even have my backup babysitter/chauffeur... :twisted: :twisted:
When do you get to fly somewhere for the weekend, leaving him to do the single dad thing?

Once a year to Atlantic City doesn't even the scales, I'm thinking...
Last edited by MarleysGh0st on Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

christie1111

#19 Post by christie1111 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:13 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:This is THE WORST weekend to be doing the single mom thing, and he took Stephen with him again, so I don't even have my backup babysitter/chauffeur... :twisted: :twisted:
When you get to fly somewhere for the weekend, leaving him to do the single dad thing?

Once a year to Atlantic City doesn't even the scales, I'm thinking...

This kind of arguement got me to start going to the Vermont Quilt Festival every year. Well unless my sister plans a family reunion for the weekend of our grandmother's birthday like this year.

I was wondering when Husband1111 went away for a week of golf somewhere like Myrtle Beach leaving me to ferry 2 kids around without help, when did I get a week off? Okay, so it is actually 4 days off for the VQF, but that still works.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#20 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:33 pm

TheConfessor wrote:

lb13
Okay, so the dude saw the sign and obeyed its instructions to rollback the TV to where he came in. What's the problem?

Hey, we fired Smiley about 3 years ago....

lb13

vettech

#21 Post by vettech » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:34 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
And now he's getting even!!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#22 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:35 pm

minimetoo26 wrote:

lb13

Given the fact that it was probably just taken from out on the salesfloor, I could probably buy one. I'll check that out tonight....

lb13

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#23 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:36 pm

vettech wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
And now he's getting even!!

Ha! I'm not even touching that.....

lb13

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#24 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:30 am

Updates:

I found out how the thief got in. They built a door behind where out Site To Store desk is located that is supposed to only be able to be opened from the inside.... however, the construction crew had rigged it with a wire so it could be opened from the outside as well, which gave them another entryway into the store since the outside walls are now all up. Naturally, the wire was removed in the aftermath yesterday morning... however, it will be interesting to see whether the construction guys don't rig it back up when they come back to work Tuesday morning. They effectively have diplomatic immunity with regards to our store's management, so it's not like anyone's going to tell them they can't. It also has buoyed the rumor amongst us that the thief was one of the construction guys (Or knows one of them). Hell, they steal our equipment in broad daylight, so why not swipe a TV under the cover of night as well...?

Also, the 61 star flag in the break room apparently is not out on the salesfloor anywhere, so I have no idea where it came from. I'd have bought one if we had it, and would have gladly sent one to SSS as well..... alas!

lb13

minimetoo26

#25 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:37 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Updates:

I found out how the thief got in. They built a door behind where out Site To Store desk is located that is supposed to only be able to be opened from the inside.... however, the construction crew had rigged it with a wire so it could be opened from the outside as well, which gave them another entryway into the store since the outside walls are now all up. Naturally, the wire was removed in the aftermath yesterday morning... however, it will be interesting to see whether the construction guys don't rig it back up when they come back to work Tuesday morning. They effectively have diplomatic immunity with regards to our store's management, so it's not like anyone's going to tell them they can't. It also has buoyed the rumor amongst us that the thief was one of the construction guys (Or knows one of them). Hell, they steal our equipment in broad daylight, so why not swipe a TV under the cover of night as well...?

Also, the 61 star flag in the break room apparently is not out on the salesfloor anywhere, so I have no idea where it came from. I'd have bought one if we had it, and would have gladly sent one to SSS as well..... alas!

lb13
Just steal the one in the break room and blame the construction guys! At least take a picture of it...

I see you got promoted from Studmuffin to Dumbass. Congratulations!

-Carl Sagan