I have a baby sister!!!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Lizbit
Four-Footer

I have a baby sister!!!

#1 Post by Lizbit » Fri May 27, 2011 5:43 pm

I’m so excited!

Well, she's not a baby. She's 2. But she's still my little sister, except she's a lot taller than I am. But I was born before she was, so I am her older sister!!! I am going to be the best big old sis ever, except maybe for Annie, who was pretty darn cool when she wasn't being crabby.

Her name is BeBe. She is a greyhound, and she was a racer until she had an accident. I just know she was in races, but I’m not sure what kind. I don’t think she ever drove for NASCAR or anything. I hope she likes me. She has nice eyes. I think she's pretty, even though she isn't a brownhound. Not everybody can have it all.

Here is her picture.

Miss Pea, you guessed exactly right. I didn’t think that was it because my mom said we had to wait for the right dog to pick us. BeBe did!

I bet ES is going to be excited, too.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: I have a baby sister!!!

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Fri May 27, 2011 5:45 pm

It's a sniffathon around here.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

a1mamacat

#3 Post by a1mamacat » Fri May 27, 2011 5:47 pm

She's very pretty.

Congrats to you all. Annie sure must be smiling from the rainbow to know that another soul has found a forever home.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Welcome aBored, BeBe! Lizbit, will you be teaching your little sister how to type? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Yippee!

Lizbet, I'm sure you'll be a wonderful shorter big sister!

BeBe, you're beautifull! And you're clearly very wise and discerning, to have chosen to live at absolutely the bestest home for four-footers in the whole, wide world!

:D

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Adopt-a-Pet has been prompt in updating their web pages, but Google has a little more background about BeBe squirreled away. :)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri May 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Yay!

She's so beautiful!

Congratulations!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#8 Post by silvercamaro » Fri May 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Welcome aBored, BeBe! Lizbit, will you be teaching your little sister how to type? --Bob
Lizbit is busy at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if she does. She thinks all big sisters teach the younger ones to type.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Might her full name be Trips Bebe?

Catfish

#10 Post by Catfish » Fri May 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Beeee-yoooo-ti-full!

I believe that's the first grey greyhound I've ever seen.

Love,
Catfish

P.S. Our Apache went across the bridge a couple of years ago. He sent back a cat named Ed a couple of months ago. Go figure.
Catfish

jaybee

#11 Post by jaybee » Fri May 27, 2011 6:16 pm

I'm glad she's not a cat.
Jaybee

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#12 Post by silvercamaro » Fri May 27, 2011 6:22 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:Yippee!

Lizbet, I'm sure you'll be a wonderful shorter big sister!

BeBe, you're beautifull! And you're clearly very wise and discerning, to have chosen to live at absolutely the bestest home for four-footers in the whole, wide world!

:D
She's definitely discerning enough to have discovered Annie's old 42-inch orthopedic dog bed and, evidently, comfortable enough to have gone to sleep while Lizbit was hovering over her like a vulture. I think this is going to be a good match for all of us.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#13 Post by silvercamaro » Fri May 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Catfish wrote:Beeee-yoooo-ti-full!

I believe that's the first grey greyhound I've ever seen.

Love,
Catfish

P.S. Our Apache went across the bridge a couple of years ago. He sent back a cat named Ed a couple of months ago. Go figure.
She is not as grey as she appears in the photo. From that picture, Fanny had speculated that she might be what they call a "blue brindle." What seems to be a very pale fawn actually is more intense than I'd expected, but her muzzle, tail, and the tops of her paws are jet black. So, even though she probably will be classified as just plain "brindle," she is very striking.

Is Ed a new cat that Apache picked out for you? If so, I know what you mean. After I fell in love with Bebe, the rescue group told me that what previously had been described as "an old leg injury" actually was a broken leg that had been surgically repaired. Now, more than ever, I can't shake the feeling that Annie picked out BeBe for us.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#14 Post by silvercamaro » Fri May 27, 2011 6:40 pm

jaybee wrote:I'm glad she's not a cat.
But she is cat-safe, so who knows what the future might bring?

For me, the cat-safe part also means that she's less likely to try to chase an outdoor cat when we're on walks.

Catfish

#15 Post by Catfish » Fri May 27, 2011 6:46 pm

silvercamaro wrote:Is Ed a new cat that Apache picked out for you?
I'm pretty sure yes. Ed just showed up in our yard one day. I think Apache knew we weren't ready for another dog, so he sent a cat just like himself.
Catfish

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#16 Post by silvercamaro » Fri May 27, 2011 6:51 pm

a1mamacat wrote:She's very pretty.

Congrats to you all. Annie sure must be smiling from the rainbow to know that another soul has found a forever home.
Thanks, Saucy. I think I'm pretty lucky to have her. Since I've learned how to be a better person -- in different ways -- from every one of my dogs, I am looking forward to whatever it is that BeBe will teach me.

As for Annie, please see my response to Catfish. I'm pretty confident that Annie had a paw in this somehow.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#17 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri May 27, 2011 6:58 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
jaybee wrote:I'm glad she's not a cat.
But she is cat-safe, so who knows what the future might bring?

For me, the cat-safe part also means that she's less likely to try to chase an outdoor cat when we're on walks.

Welcome to the family BeBe! I sure hope you are squirrel-safe....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#18 Post by silvercamaro » Fri May 27, 2011 7:13 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:Might her full name be Trips Bebe?
I don't understand this, Marley. I haven't seen any other name for her. Did you find a racing record or something like that?

Edited to add:

Okay, I googled. I found Trips Bebe racing as long ago as 2006, before this dog was born, and as recently as May 3, when this BeBe already would have been off the track. So, it's not the same dog, although it might be from the same mother.

When she's really comfortable with me, I will try to look at her ear tattoos to see if I can read the numbers that might be traced to a racing name.
Last edited by silvercamaro on Fri May 27, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarleysGh0st

#19 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 27, 2011 7:25 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
I don't understand this, Marley. I haven't seen any other name for her. Did you find a racing record or something like that?
When you said BeBe was a racer, I recalled that someone here had found sites that gave the full pedigree for racing dogs. I didn't find any entries for a "Bebe" of the right age, but a little poking around did find a possible match.

Originally, the site said I had to register to get the full details, but now I just reviewed the links I searched and it appears to give me everything without it. Try this link.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=Za-fG ... rthland=US

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#20 Post by silvercamaro » Fri May 27, 2011 7:32 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:
When you said BeBe was a racer, I recalled that someone here had found sites that gave the full pedigree for racing dogs. I didn't find any entries for a "Bebe" of the right age, but a little poking around did find a possible match.

Originally, the site said I had to register to get the full details, but now I just reviewed the links I searched and it appears to give me everything without it. Try this link.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=Za-fG ... rthland=US
Thanks, Marley. I hadn't found that page. I can't explain the page that offered a 2006 race date. Nevertheless, thanks to you, I have Trips Bebe's ear numbers, so I can find out for certain, yes or no -- assuming the tattoos are readable in those dark ears.

MarleysGh0st

#21 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 27, 2011 7:37 pm

You're welcome, SC. Bebe deserves to know her birthday and all that other stuff.

And if there's a match, she can match Bob Juch's pedigree chart, branch for branch. :mrgreen:

themanintheseersuckersuit

#22 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri May 27, 2011 7:52 pm

Bebe is a Silverhound if I have ever seen one.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Snaxx

#23 Post by Snaxx » Fri May 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Welcome, Bebe!
Congrats, SC and Lizbit.
Nice detective work Marley.
---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

Spock

#24 Post by Spock » Fri May 27, 2011 8:02 pm

Just a word of caution Lizbit-
Spoiler
Soylent Silver is DOGS.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#25 Post by silvercamaro » Fri May 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Spock wrote:Just a word of caution Lizbit-
Spoiler
Soylent Silver is DOGS.
LOL!

Now, of course, Lizbit will want to rent the movie.