Iceland

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1688
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Iceland

#1 Post by Weyoun » Tue May 10, 2011 6:03 pm

I have six days in Iceland later this summer. Anyone been? Any recommendations?

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17791
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Iceland

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 10, 2011 9:56 pm

Weyoun wrote:I have six days in Iceland later this summer. Anyone been? Any recommendations?
Don't go looking for strip clubs.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars
Posts: 19442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:52 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Iceland

#3 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:23 am

Sorry, I've only been to the airport. They had a lovely duty free area.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

User avatar
wintergreen48
Posts: 2481
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: Resting comfortably in my comfy chair

Re: Iceland

#4 Post by wintergreen48 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:32 am

They have a really cool volcano. There's also Bjork.
Innocent, naive and whimsical. And somewhat footloose and fancy-free.

User avatar
christie1111
11:11
Posts: 11616
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 am
Location: CT

Re: Iceland

#5 Post by christie1111 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:34 am

I heard it was greener than Greenland.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

User avatar
ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars
Posts: 19442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:52 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Iceland

#6 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:15 pm

I hear they sponsor chess tournaments.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

User avatar
themanintheseersuckersuit
Posts: 7433
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:37 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Iceland

#7 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Wed May 11, 2011 12:19 pm

I hope you don't get in any hot water over there.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19215
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Iceland

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:34 pm

christie1111 wrote:I heard it was greener than Greenland.
That's strange. I've heard that Greenland is icier than Iceland. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1688
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: Iceland

#9 Post by Weyoun » Thu May 12, 2011 9:11 am

Actually, I would have the chance to to stay in Greenland for a couple of days, possibly, as you can fly from Reykjavik to a tiny town on Greenland's east coast. However, there's not as many jokes to be made about Greenland, so not much point in asking.

User avatar
christie1111
11:11
Posts: 11616
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 am
Location: CT

Re: Iceland

#10 Post by christie1111 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Weyoun wrote:Actually, I would have the chance to to stay in Greenland for a couple of days, possibly, as you can fly from Reykjavik to a tiny town on Greenland's east coast. However, there's not as many jokes to be made about Greenland, so not much point in asking.

One of the rare instances when the Bored was of no help at all. Okay maybe not so rare.

Sorry Weyoun, never been to either place.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23222
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Iceland

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 13, 2011 11:56 am

Thanks to Chuck Shepard's "New of the Weird" I just found one place you should go in Iceland:

The Phallological Museum in the fishing town of Husavik. As the world's only all-penis attraction, it draws tourists by the thousands, eager to see the 276-specimen collection of dessicated or stuffed organs from a whole range of animals, including a human one.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1688
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: Iceland

#12 Post by Weyoun » Sat May 14, 2011 10:53 am

Bob Juch wrote:Thanks to Chuck Shepard's "New of the Weird" I just found one place you should go in Iceland:

The Phallological Museum in the fishing town of Husavik. As the world's only all-penis attraction, it draws tourists by the thousands, eager to see the 276-specimen collection of dessicated or stuffed organs from a whole range of animals, including a human one.
See this is why I post here.

User avatar
littlebeast13
Dumbass
Posts: 30256
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Contact:

Re: Iceland

#13 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat May 14, 2011 11:35 am

Weyoun wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Thanks to Chuck Shepard's "New of the Weird" I just found one place you should go in Iceland:

The Phallological Museum in the fishing town of Husavik. As the world's only all-penis attraction, it draws tourists by the thousands, eager to see the 276-specimen collection of dessicated or stuffed organs from a whole range of animals, including a human one.
See this is why I post here.

Who wouldn't want to sneak a peek at that......

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

User avatar
elwoodblues
Posts: 3630
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Iceland

#14 Post by elwoodblues » Sat May 14, 2011 1:12 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Thanks to Chuck Shepard's "New of the Weird" I just found one place you should go in Iceland:

The Phallological Museum in the fishing town of Husavik. As the world's only all-penis attraction, it draws tourists by the thousands, eager to see the 276-specimen collection of dessicated or stuffed organs from a whole range of animals, including a human one.
See this is why I post here.

Who wouldn't want to sneak a peek at that......

lb13
Found it.


User avatar
ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars
Posts: 19442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:52 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Iceland

#15 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:10 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Thanks to Chuck Shepard's "New of the Weird" I just found one place you should go in Iceland:

The Phallological Museum in the fishing town of Husavik. As the world's only all-penis attraction, it draws tourists by the thousands, eager to see the 276-specimen collection of dessicated or stuffed organs from a whole range of animals, including a human one.
See this is why I post here.

Who wouldn't want to sneak a peek at that......

lb13
Hey! Why is there popcorn all over the floor?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23222
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Iceland

#16 Post by Bob Juch » Sat May 14, 2011 9:47 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
See this is why I post here.

Who wouldn't want to sneak a peek at that......

lb13
Hey! Why is there popcorn all over the floor?
Found it!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19215
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Iceland

#17 Post by Bob78164 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:59 am

wintergreen48 wrote:They have a really cool volcano. There's also Bjork.
Aren't volcanos usually warm? If not downright hot? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars
Posts: 19442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:52 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Iceland

#18 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun May 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
wintergreen48 wrote:They have a really cool volcano. There's also Bjork.
Aren't volcanos usually warm? If not downright hot? --Bob

What about Björk?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

User avatar
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend
Posts: 9588
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:45 am

Re: Iceland

#19 Post by silvercamaro » Sun May 15, 2011 12:03 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
wintergreen48 wrote:They have a really cool volcano. There's also Bjork.
Aren't volcanos usually warm? If not downright hot? --Bob

What about Björk?
Remember her swan dress? Obviously, she's for the birds.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

User avatar
bazodee
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Iceland

#20 Post by bazodee » Tue May 24, 2011 8:45 am

Weyoun.... I've sent you a private message.

Post Reply