What Our Elite Universities Are Producing

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Spock

What Our Elite Universities Are Producing

#1 Post by Spock » Wed May 01, 2024 10:39 am

The dissertation topic of Johannah King-Slutzky, one of the leaders of the Columbia protests.

https://twitter.com/StopAntisemites/sta ... 06/photo/1

Click on the word portion of the photo.

What a word salad. Don't have to worry about her starting a revolution. She won't be able to do one practical thing in her life.

She is the one who was complaining to the media about the possibility of students dying of dehydration.

She is the "Meal Plan Revolutionary."

Watch it-absolutely hilarious minute or so.

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/sta ... 6755900611

silverscreenselect

Re: What Our Elite Universities Are Producing

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 01, 2024 11:06 am

Spock wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:39 am
She is the one who was complaining to the media about the possibility of students dying of dehydration.
Spock, for someone who is supposedly widely read, your lack of comprehension never ceases to amaze me.

First, this woman is a nitwit, the sort who has been floating around Ivy League campuses for decades. They usually become professors at liberal arts colleges or prep schools.

Second, although she was overly dramatic, she had a point. She wanted assurances that volunteers could bring refreshments in to those who were occupying the campus buildings. If the takeover had lasted a week or so, that might have become an issue.

This entire scenario brings back memories of what I went through when I was just a couple of years younger than those who were pulling similar stunts at those same campuses in the 1960s protesting the Vietnam War. The difference is that the Vietnam War was personal. The protestors knew people who had gone or could go to Vietnam. (I was the high school basketball manage, and one player on our JV team who I knew fairly well was killed in Vietnam a couple of years later. I remember looking up his name on the Veterans Memorial Wall years later. He was the only member of the JV team I remember to this day.) Here, the vast majority of those protesting don't have that personal involvement, and they're involved because they were looking for something to get involved in. That doesn't mean their cause is wrong, but their degree of involvement and dedication is less. At Yale and Brown, they've had discussions with faculty and administration, gotten some sort of nebulous commitment from the administration, and packed up their tents and gone home. The same thing's going to happen a lot more in the next couple of weeks as they're going to get tired of spending the night in tents and looking for port-a-potties to pee in.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 01, 2024 7:22 pm

Spock, for someone who is supposedly widely read, your lack of comprehension never ceases to amaze me.
A lot of things seem to amaze trollboy.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 01, 2024 7:36 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 11:06 am
Spock wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:39 am

First, this woman is a nitwit, the sort who has been floating around Ivy League campuses for decades. They usually become professors at liberal arts colleges or prep schools.

Second, although she was overly dramatic, she had a point. She wanted assurances that volunteers could bring refreshments in to those who were occupying the campus buildings. If the takeover had lasted a week or so, that might have become an issue.

This entire scenario brings back memories of what I went through when I was just a couple of years younger than those who were pulling similar stunts at those same campuses in the 1960s protesting the Vietnam War. The difference is that the Vietnam War was personal. The protestors knew people who had gone or could go to Vietnam. (I was the high school basketball manage, and one player on our JV team who I knew fairly well was killed in Vietnam a couple of years later. I remember looking up his name on the Veterans Memorial Wall years later. He was the only member of the JV team I remember to this day.) Here, the vast majority of those protesting don't have that personal involvement, and they're involved because they were looking for something to get involved in. That doesn't mean their cause is wrong, but their degree of involvement and dedication is less. At Yale and Brown, they've had discussions with faculty and administration, gotten some sort of nebulous commitment from the administration, and packed up their tents and gone home. The same thing's going to happen a lot more in the next couple of weeks as they're going to get tired of spending the night in tents and looking for port-a-potties to pee in.
Comprehension goes both ways. If you think this lady is a nitwit, then maybe you can comprehend that the media and a lot of our elected officials come from the same stock. People, who like this lady, and like you, are 'looking for something to get involved in'. Looking for personal relevance. And like you, a lot of them look back at their 'protesting the War, or for Civil Rights, or for the end of Nukes, or whatever' days, when they were relevant, and so were the causes - At that time.

That is what these 'protesters who have no personal involvement' have been indoctrinated in. By the same nitwits that want to relive and bask in their glory days. Most, if not all, of these protesters, have no clue what they are protesting for or against. But they are being encouraged by outside agitators to do so. Maybe they will get tired or hungry. Easy solution. Stop doing it. But the outside agitators won't. And the college administrators seem to either be for these anti-semetic dupes or are apathetic towards them. IMO, they are the ones to blame for this and for a lot of other things. And it's going to continue.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 01, 2024 10:26 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:36 pm
And like you, a lot of them look back at their 'protesting the War, or for Civil Rights, or for the end of Nukes, or whatever' days, when they were relevant, and so were the causes - At that time.
I didn't get involved in protests back in those days. I went to a college, Georgia Tech, that was about as apolitical as you could get at that time. But being against the War in Vietnam was right then. Being for Civil Rights was right then and it's right now. These ivy League protestors don't have the personal involvement that we had back in the 60s, but it doesn't make their cause more or less valid.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com