The More Things Change...

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
silverscreenselect

The More Things Change...

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:12 pm

The following clip is from a 1962 Roger Corman film entitled The Intruder, in which a rabble-rouser played by William Shatner comes to a southern town and stirs the locals up into a frenzy. It's really the only socially conscious film Corman made at a time when his output was primarily beach and horror movies. And it's largely forgotten today. I think the movie is in the public domain and I've added a link to the full film on YouTube. However, it's also available on Kanopy (if you belong to a participating libarary), Plex, and the Roku Channel. The print quality probably won't be very good, and characters often use the N-word and other racial slurs.

This clip is Shatner's stump speech. It's amazing that if you just update some of the topics, it could be a Donald Trump stump speech today. Except that a young William Shatner looked a heck of a lot better than Donald Trump.

Full movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KUuTJW269M
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

Re: The More Things Change...

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:03 pm

You are a sick, sick person. TDS has melted whatever brain you used to have. I will admit I didn't watch the whole thing. Just the first few seconds. His first few sentences were enough. I have had enough of you racial bigot assholes for the rest of my life. I don't know what fucking world you live in, but it's not here.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:30 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:03 pm
You are a sick, sick person. TDS has melted whatever brain you used to have. I will admit I didn't watch the whole thing. Just the first few seconds. His first few sentences were enough. I have had enough of you racial bigot assholes for the rest of my life. I don't know what fucking world you live in, but it's not here.
The truth hurts; don't it.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:42 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:30 pm
Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:03 pm
The truth hurts; don't it.
Not one ounce of truth in that. Not one.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:43 pm

I guess it's just you and me on this forum anymore. If that's the case, I'm done.

wbtravis007

#6 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:35 pm

Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:43 pm
I guess it's just you and me on this forum anymore. If that's the case, I'm done.
Right …

See mentions of “cubit.”

Weyoun

#7 Post by Weyoun » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:49 pm

I’m here. You just haven’t said anything worth responding to.

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:13 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:49 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#9 Post by Weyoun » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:18 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:13 pm
Weyoun wrote:
On a similar note.

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:10 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:18 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:13 pm
Weyoun wrote:

On a similar note.
I've said a lot of things with evidence and documentation. Nothing of interest to you, though. Willingly ignorant people don't want to know anything. That's what they are all about.
I might very well be wrong about a few things, but I'm right about many other things. Because I try very hard NOT to be ignorant. You ought to try that.