$148 million

If it's going to get the Bored heated, then take it here PLEASE.
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

$148 million

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:41 pm

A jury has ordered Rudy Giuliani to pay two Georgia election workers $148.1 million for defamation. The award consists of $73.1 million in compensatory damages and $75 million in punitive damages.

Lies have consequences. For most people, anyway. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

Re: $148 million

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:48 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:41 pm
A jury has ordered Rudy Giuliani to pay two Georgia election workers $148.1 million for defamation. The award consists of $73.1 million in compensatory damages and $75 million in punitive damages.

Maybe they'll use the money to buy Mar a Lago.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:29 pm

Yup. Free speech is very costly in Washington DC. But only for Conservatives.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:17 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:29 pm
Yup. Free speech is very costly in Washington DC. But only for Conservatives.
What Giuliani did wasn't free speech; it was defamation and intentional infliction of severe emotional distress. Those two women have received death threats since Rudy opened his mouth and had to move out of their home and go into hiding.

I doubt you would be this cavalier about Rudy's "free speech" if someone gave a press conference after the next election and accused you of trying to fix the results. But that won't happen because Democrats don't sink to those levels.

"Free Speech" applies to government action. The government didn't prosecute Rudy in this case; the two women he defamed sued him. And he even admitted he defamed them in the pretrial pleadings. Yet another one of your posts in which you display a complete ignorance of the law.

Pastor Fireball

#5 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:39 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:17 pm
Yet another one of your posts in which you display a complete ignorance of the law.
Never mind the law. What about Flock's complete ignorance of the Bible? Whatever happened to "Thou shalt not bear false witness?" I'm pretty sure that one is on God's Top Ten List, and that Top Ten List doesn't come with any WGAS jokes.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Weyoun

#6 Post by Weyoun » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:18 am

To be clear, Rudy was in the wrong, and I believe lately culpable.

The verdict number itself is outrageous. Georgia has become notorious for gotcha judgments. Medical malpractice issues are notably bad there, worse than they are in places like Philadelphia and Cook County these.

Rudy has to view himself as a failure. He was America’s mayor and possibly a president. He had enough of an edge that the social issues might’ve been set aside, or he could’ve moved rightward.

But Trump adopted the dark persona of appealing to everyone’s anger before Rudy could get to it. Rudy also has no control over his drinking or libido. I am told he is a very sloppy drunk.

So he’s done. Broke. Fired by a reputable law firm. Caught in a major motion picture unzipping his pants for a minor. Sounds like flock’s kind of guy.

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:51 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:41 pm

Looks like Rudy Giuliani didn't learn his lesson. Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss have sued him again for defamation in DC Federal Court, this time for statements he has continued to make since the last lawsuit, including after the verdict came down last week. They want an injunction barring him from making any further statements repeating his false claims. If an injunction is granted and Giuliani violates it, he could be held in contempt and thrown in jail.

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:40 pm

The left has unlimited resources. They are using private billionaires like the Soros Family (oh, they're Jewish, sorry) and the money of the taxpayers to finance their lawfare against Trump and their opponents. Money is no object for them.

This is one of their tactics. To start innumerable lawsuits to bankrupt and intimidate. Most probably how they broke Powell and Ellis. All they need is one corrupt public official, judge and/or a pool of jurists from a blue city.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:07 pm

Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:40 pm
To start innumerable lawsuits to bankrupt and intimidate.
This is what Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss went through as a result of Rudy Giuliani's baseless claims. Now tell me that they and their attorneys invented all this just to bankrupt Rudy:
A former Georgia election worker suing Rudy Giuliani over false claims he spread about her and her daughter in 2020 cried on the witness stand on Wednesday as she described fleeing her home after she endured racist threats and strangers banging on her door. Ruby Freeman’s online boutique was flooded with threatening messages, including several that mentioned lynching, after Giuliani tweeted a video of her counting votes as a temporary election worker while he pushed Donald Trump’s baseless claims of fraud, Freeman told jurors. Freeman, 64, said she had to leave her home in January 2021, after people came with bullhorns and the FBI told her she wasn’t safe. “I took it as though they were going to hang me with their ropes on my street,” Freeman testified about the threats on the third day of the trial in Washington’s federal courthouse. She added: “I was scared. I didn’t know if they were coming to kill me.”

Freeman eventually had to sell her home, she told jurors. She said she lived out of her car for a time, as the relentless drumbeat of harassment made friends and fellow church members afraid to be associated with her. Now, she stays holed up inside and avoids introducing herself to neighbors out of fear her name will be recognized, she said. “It’s so scary, any time I go somewhere, if I have to use my name,” she said, gasping through her tears to get her words out. “I miss my old neighborhood because I was me, I could introduce myself. Now I don’t have a name, really.”

The testimony came a day after her daughter, Moss, took the witness stand herself and detailed the nightmares, panic attacks and depression brought on by an onslaught of threatening and racist messages that turned her life upside down and forced her from a job she loves. They spoke as part of a trial to determine how much Giuliani will have to pay the two women for spreading conspiracy theories that they rigged the state’s 2020 election results. A judge has already determined he is liable for defamation and Giuliani has acknowledged in court that he made public comments falsely claiming Freeman and Moss committed fraud while counting ballots.

An expert for the plaintiffs testified Wednesday that Giuliani’s defamatory statements, which were also spread by Trump and his campaign, were viewed up to 56 million times by people who were sympathetic to them. Northwestern University professor Ashlee Humphreys, who also testified in the defamation case filed against Trump by writer E. Jean Carroll, said emotionally damaging statements were seen hundreds of millions of times. The cost of repairing their reputations alone could be as high as $47 million, Humphreys said. They are also seeking emotional and punitive damages, in the tens of millions of dollars.

Giuliani has continued to make unfounded allegations against the women and insisted outside the federal courthouse Monday that his claims about the women were true.

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:04 pm

I know I don't know what I don't know. But I remember seeing this a couple of years ago. I appreciate bob's showing me how to search. But I really think I know more than he does. A lot of things kinda disappear over time. You gotta look hard for them. He doesn't bother.

And now Ruby is getting rich off of Rudy and others. She must have gotten a lawyer.

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:31 am

Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:04 pm
I know I don't know what I don't know. But I remember seeing this a couple of years ago. I appreciate bob's showing me how to search. But I really think I know more than he does. A lot of things kinda disappear over time. You gotta look hard for them. He doesn't bother.

And now Ruby is getting rich off of Rudy and others. She must have gotten a lawyer.
Funny how this one report of Flock's is contradicted by every other record of the meeting between Ruby Freeman and Trevian Kutti
Weeks after the 2020 election, a Chicago publicist for hip-hop artist Kanye West traveled to the suburban home of Ruby Freeman, a frightened Georgia election worker who was facing death threats after being falsely accused by former President Donald Trump of manipulating votes. The publicist knocked on the door and offered to help. The visitor, Trevian Kutti, gave her name but didn’t say she worked for West, a longtime billionaire friend of Trump. She said she was sent by a “high-profile individual,” whom she didn’t identify, to give Freeman an urgent message: confess to Trump’s voter-fraud allegations, or people would come to her home in 48 hours, and she’d go to jail.

Freeman refused. This story of how an associate of a music mogul pressured a 62-year-old temporary election worker at the center of a Trump conspiracy theory is based on previously unreported police recordings and reports, legal filings, and Freeman’s first media interview since she was dragged into Trump’s attempt to reverse his election loss.

By the time Kutti arrived, Freeman needed help but was cautious and wouldn’t open the door because of the threats, according to Freeman and a police report.
So Freeman asked a neighbor to come over and talk with Kutti, who was with an unidentified male. Like Freeman, Kutti and the other visitor were Black. Kutti told the neighbor that Freeman was in danger and that she’d been sent to provide assistance. Freeman said she was open to meeting them. She asked Cobb County Police to send an officer to keep watch so she could step outside, according to a recording of her 911 call. “They’re saying that I need help,” Freeman told the dispatcher, referring to the people at her door, “that it’s just a matter of time that they are going to come out for me and my family.”

An officer arrived and spoke with Kutti, who described herself as a “crisis manager,” according to the police incident report. Kutti repeated that Freeman “was in danger” and had “48 hours” before “unknown subjects” turned up at her home, the report said. At the officer’s suggestion, the women agreed to meet at a police station. The officer’s report did not identify the man accompanying Kutti.

Inside the station, Kutti and Freeman met in a corner, according to footage from a body camera worn by an officer present at the meeting. Reuters obtained the video through a public-records request. “I cannot say what specifically will take place,” Kutti is heard telling Freeman in the recording. “I just know that it will disrupt your freedom," she said, "and the freedom of one or more of your family members.”

“You are a loose end for a party that needs to tidy up,” Kutti continued. She added that “federal people” were involved, without offering specifics. According to Freeman, Kutti told her that she was going to put a man named “Harrison Ford” on speakerphone. (Freeman said the man on the phone wasn’t the actor by the same name.) Kutti said the man had “authoritative powers to get you protection,” the bodycam footage shows. At that point, Kutti can be heard asking the officer to give them privacy. The body camera did not capture a clear recording of the conversation that followed after the officer moved away from the two women.

Kutti and the man on the speakerphone, over the next hour, tried to get Freeman to implicate herself in committing voter fraud on Election Day, according to Freeman. Kutti offered legal assistance in exchange, Freeman said. “If you don't tell everything,” Freeman recalled Kutti saying, “you're going to jail.” Growing suspicious, Freeman said she jumped up from her chair and told Kutti: “The devil is a liar,” before calling for an officer.
https://www.reuters.com/business/media- ... ce=twitter

Trevian Kutti, Stephen Lee, and Harrison Floyd have all been indicted in Georgia for threatening Ruby Freeman in that very same incident Flock is currently touting. Presumably the recordings of what took place will be entered into evidence at their trial. Whatever Flock thinks his various snippets show presumably could have been introduced by Rudy to impeach Ruby Freeman's testimony. Either he didn't have the benefit of Flock's superior research skills or he chose not to do so or that supposed "proof" Flock has simply doesn't exist.

flockofseagulls104

#12 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:02 pm

Just reporting. I can't make out most of the speech, so I can't verify what is said. I render no judgment on this. But none of your media is showing you this. It's been scrubbed and people have claimed they've been censored and banned for posting it. I have to wonder why. I just want to know the truth, but it is very difficult these days.

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:31 pm

Just reporting again. Doubt that trollboy has seen this, but I'm sure he knows all about it anyway, and he will no doubt quote stuff from our SOS and other politicians that are doing everything they can to cover up and make it go away, mention 60 court cases, tell you there's nothing to see here and tell me I'm full of crap in his unique way. All of us that are actually looking at the data and investigating are all liars and 'election deniers'. Only those who the media pays attention to are worthy of any credibility. That's what the media is for nowadays.