FNGD Starter Question Friday Feb 8, 2008

Friday Night Gender Defender!
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 3655
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:09 pm

FNGD Starter Question Friday Feb 8, 2008

#1 Post by etaoin22 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:39 pm

Starter:

Time for a roll call of the States....

Place these songs in alphabetic order of the state whose name is used -- rightly or wrongly -- in the title.

1 - I'm from a new land, I come to you, and.
See all this ruin. What are you doin?

2 - _______, land of opportunity. ________, oh what you do to me! Prettiest place I ever saw, was back home in ________.

3 - We're goin' north, the rush is on.

4 - Show us the way to the next whiskey bar!

5 - She says she believes in Robin Hood and brotherhood, and colors of green and gray. And all you can do is laugh at her.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:40 pm

32145
Oh please.

User avatar
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend
Posts: 9579
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:45 am

Re: FNGD Starter Question Friday Feb 8, 2008

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:41 pm

etaoin22 wrote:Starter:

Time for a roll call of the States....

Place these songs in alphabetic order of the state whose name is used -- rightly or wrongly -- in the title.

1 - I'm from a new land, I come to you, and.
See all this ruin. What are you doin?

2 - _______, land of opportunity. ________, oh what you do to me! Prettiest place I ever saw, was back home in ________.

3 - We're goin' north, the rush is on.

4 - Show us the way to the next whiskey bar!

5 - She says she believes in Robin Hood and brotherhood, and colors of green and gray. And
Spoiler
2-3-5-1-4. I know none of these songs.

User avatar
christie1111
11:11
Posts: 11614
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 am
Location: CT

#4 Post by christie1111 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:42 pm

Wow!

Ummmmmm

31254
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:42 pm

Moi non plus. That's why I didn't spoil them. I figured it was hopeless.
Oh please.

User avatar
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 6465
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: State of Confusion

Re: FNGD Starter Question Friday Feb 8, 2008

#6 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:42 pm

Spoiler

4 Alabama
3 Alaska
5 Arizona
2 Arkansas?
1 No idea
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

User avatar
kayrharris
Miss Congeniality
Posts: 11935
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:48 am
Location: Auburn, AL
Contact:

#7 Post by kayrharris » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:43 pm

Spoiler
I dunno why I'm spoiling, cause I don't have a clue.


3
4
2
5
1
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

User avatar
christie1111
11:11
Posts: 11614
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 am
Location: CT

#8 Post by christie1111 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:44 pm

Beebs, I am with you on this one.

Love Merv. He is awesome!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

User avatar
kayrharris
Miss Congeniality
Posts: 11935
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:48 am
Location: Auburn, AL
Contact:

#9 Post by kayrharris » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:44 pm

Yikes, did we have to name the state as well?

:shock:
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:45 pm

Oh thanks! He's such a sweetie. And so suave. And cute. And motory. And sleeping on the pillow by the door as I play. Gad, he's adorable.
Oh please.

User avatar
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend
Posts: 9579
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:45 am

#11 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:47 pm

I can't wait to get a report on the first meeting between Merv and Artie, which I assume won't happen until Spring Break.

User avatar
etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 3655
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:09 pm

#12 Post by etaoin22 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:47 pm

#1 is Alabam -- album cut from Harvest by Neil Young.

Southern Man redux.

#4 is also Alabama - Brecht/Weill, Jim Morrison, David Bowie. etc

#3 - North to Alaska

#5 - Arizona - Mark Lindsay
#2 - Arkansas - Glen Campbell. Land of Opportunity apparently no longer the state motto. but it was then.

User avatar
kayrharris
Miss Congeniality
Posts: 11935
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:48 am
Location: Auburn, AL
Contact:

#13 Post by kayrharris » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:48 pm

Judy I emailed you my itinerary. I get in at 3:15 on Friday.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

User avatar
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend
Posts: 9579
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:45 am

#14 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:49 pm

I know songs with lyrics like "where the wind comes sweeping down the plains."

:D

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

#15 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:49 pm

silvercamaro wrote:I can't wait to get a report on the first meeting between Merv and Artie, which I assume won't happen until Spring Break.
I don't know whether to be concerned or sell tickets to the event.
Oh please.

User avatar
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend
Posts: 9579
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:45 am

#16 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:50 pm

kayrharris wrote:Judy I emailed you my itinerary. I get in at 3:15 on Friday.
Your itinerary says Thursday. I'm hoping it's Thursday.

If your hotel reservation doesn't start until Friday, then come on Thursday and stay at my place Thursday night. We can do this. I even bought an inflatable mattress, in case we needed it.
Last edited by silvercamaro on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 6465
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: State of Confusion

#17 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:50 pm

Holy moley! How many times have I listened to "Harvest" and I missed "Alabama"??


Oops. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

User avatar
kayrharris
Miss Congeniality
Posts: 11935
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:48 am
Location: Auburn, AL
Contact:

#18 Post by kayrharris » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:51 pm

silvercamaro wrote:I know songs with lyrics like "where the wind comes sweeping down the plains."

:D
Here's it either "Stars fell on Alabama" or "Sweet Home Alabama"

as you can see, I missed both Alabama songs. :oops:
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

User avatar
etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 3655
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:09 pm

#19 Post by etaoin22 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:51 pm

silvercamaro wrote:I know songs with lyrics like "where the wind comes sweeping down the plains."

:D
It will take a while to get there. If I were to do four states a week.
First I have to find a song for Connecticuit.

User avatar
christie1111
11:11
Posts: 11614
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 am
Location: CT

#20 Post by christie1111 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:54 pm

etaoin22 wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:I know songs with lyrics like "where the wind comes sweeping down the plains."

:D
It will take a while to get there. If I were to do four states a week.
First I have to find a song for Connecticuit.
Yankee Doodle is our state song.

But the Hawaii state song is a bit obvious.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

User avatar
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend
Posts: 9579
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:45 am

#21 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:54 pm

etaoin22 wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:I know songs with lyrics like "where the wind comes sweeping down the plains."

:D
It will take a while to get there. If I were to do four states a week.
First I have to find a song for Connecticuit.
Great. The only other songs about states I know are about Wyoming. That will come up in 2017.

User avatar
etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 3655
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:09 pm

#22 Post by etaoin22 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:55 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:Holy moley! How many times have I listened to "Harvest" and I missed "Alabama"??


Oops. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
You gotta flip the durn thing over!! And not stop at "Are you ready for the country?"

I am stuck at Side One of the four sides of London Calling. which means I never got to TiV's song.

User avatar
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 6465
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: State of Confusion

#23 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:59 pm

etaoin22 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:Holy moley! How many times have I listened to "Harvest" and I missed "Alabama"??


Oops. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
You gotta flip the durn thing over!! And not stop at "Are you ready for the country?"

I am stuck at Side One of the four sides of London Calling. which means I never got to TiV's song.
But I did, I did! "Old Man", et al. That's what I mean..I have heard that song many a time. Just didn't register.

The mind is going, I tell ya..
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

User avatar
etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 3655
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:09 pm

#24 Post by etaoin22 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:02 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:
etaoin22 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:Holy moley! How many times have I listened to "Harvest" and I missed "Alabama"??


Oops. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
You gotta flip the durn thing over!! And not stop at "Are you ready for the country?"

I am stuck at Side One of the four sides of London Calling. which means I never got to TiV's song.
But I did, I did! "Old Man", et al. That's what I mean..I have heard that song many a time. Just didn't register.

The mind is going, I tell ya..
Well, it really is a remake of Southern Man, so one may be absolved.

Post Reply