Mike Cameron suspended 25 games for banned stimulant

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
traininvain

Mike Cameron suspended 25 games for banned stimulant

#1 Post by traininvain » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:49 pm

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Mike Cameron, the Padres' Gold Glove center fielder, was suspended for the first 25 games of next season on Wednesday after testing positive a second time for a banned stimulant.
Note: second time
Cameron, who plans to file for free agency, said he believes he took a tainted supplement.
"The one thing I wanted to make sure was explained is, no steroids," Cameron told AM 1090, the Padres' flagship radio station. "I never took nothing like that before in my life. That would be 50 games, and that would affect me a whole lot more."
'Hey it's not 50-games!' That's the way to put a good spin on it Mike.
Cameron issued a statement through his agent, saying doctors for the players' association helped him narrow down what triggered the positive test.

"After all of the analysis and testing, I can only conclude that a nutritional supplement I was taking was tainted," he said. "Unfortunately, the actual supplement is gone, and therefore cannot be tested. Without the actual supplement in hand, the rules are clear, and I must accept the suspension."
Yeah, he worked with the doctors to 'narrow it down'. 'Damn, I knew I shouldn't have taken that supplement in the unmarked bottle.'

In BBBL news, The Adders will not be designating Cameron as a Keeper for 2008.
Enjoy every sandwich

macrae1234

#2 Post by macrae1234 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:51 pm

I guess he didn't get the memo within 24 hrs most stuff can be masked

Major League Baseball, bracing for the results of an internal investigation into steroid use, has continued to employ a drug-testing procedure that may allow players time to mask their use of performance-enhancing drugs.

Drug testers contracted by the league routinely alert team officials a day or more before their arrival at ballparks for what is supposed to be random, unannounced testing of players. By eliminating the surprise factor, the practice undermines the integrity of the testing program, anti-doping experts said.

The night before testers arrive at major league stadiums to take urine samples from players, officials for the home team receive a call from the testing company requesting stadium and parking passes for the drug testers. This procedure is not outlined in the league's 48-page testing policy, which baseball touts as one of the toughest in sports. Teams are not told which players will be tested - or how many - but the number is said to be roughly five per visit.