I found you! And I have auditioned again.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Odyssey
Flower Girl

I found you! And I have auditioned again.

#1 Post by Odyssey » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:53 pm

I was wondering why I couldn't access the Bored and finally figured it--saw Marley and Bob posting on a Sony board. Hooray! Hello to everyone!

I just returned from NYC, where I tried out for the second time on Monday. I passed the test again, and had a pretty short interview again. Who knows? This time I interviewed with Katie. It was fun to commiserate with some others who passed the test before and couldn't figure out why they were not given the nod, especially given one of the pretty boring contestants we saw at the taping.

So, has anyone gotten on as a contestant after having only one short interview? I'm thinking I'm sunk because I didn't get to interview with two AP's. :roll:
Odyssey

TheConfessor

#2 Post by TheConfessor » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:38 pm

If you're sunk, I think it has more to do with the fact that there's only one week left of taping, regardless of how well your interview went. According to the web site, the last show tapes on November 7th.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:36 am

I'm glad you found us again, Odyssey.

My perception is that they do the two-interview thing when new APs join the staff. Thus, they are more likely at the start of each season's auditions. After the new staff members have gained a degree of trust and training, one interview is all that's needed. Yes, many contestants (if not most) have been selected after only one interview.

I hope they call you tomorrow.

Odyssey
Flower Girl

hi you two

#4 Post by Odyssey » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:31 am

They told us at the audition that if selected, we would be put into the pool for next season. That would be my ideal situation--knowing you're in the pool with months to study up!

I'm relieved to know the two person interview is not a must. Now I am a definite maybe.

Also, I got to sit in the first row behind the contestant because we were wearing black. I definitely made in on camera for the ask the audience. The show will air on May 1.
Odyssey