What was your favorite Halloween costume?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fuzzywuzzy

What was your favorite Halloween costume?

#1 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:04 pm

This could be any time that you have dressed up for Halloween, not, just as a child!

As we got older, we decided to make our costumes... I think I was 10 years old, and I wore my night gown that had flowers all over it, and my Mom bobbie pinned plastic geraniums to my head (OUCH!).

I was ... Mother Nature. Remember, the margerine commercials, "Its not nice to fool with Mother Nature"

Yeah, I was a dweeb! :oops:

fuzzy
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:07 pm

When my grandmother died (my Mom's mom) when I was nine years old, I was given one of her fancy gold sequined dress and fur coat because it wouldn't fit my mom. I dressed up in that dress for four or five years because I loved it so much.

The dress is in my closet, the sequins are all falling off, but I can't bear to part with it.

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:09 pm

I think as a child I would say a skeleton costume. It had the skull mask and a black body with the white bones painted on it. In the dark it looked pretty cool. Well, as cool as a cheap costume from 1966 could look.

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

Re: What was your favorite Halloween costume?

#4 Post by cindy.wellman » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:10 pm

fuzzywuzzy wrote:This could be any time that you have dressed up for Halloween, not, just as a child!

As we got older, we decided to make our costumes... I think I was 10 years old, and I wore my night gown that had flowers all over it, and my Mom bobbie pinned plastic geraniums to my head (OUCH!).

I was ... Mother Nature. Remember, the margerine commercials, "Its not nice to fool with Mother Nature"

Yeah, I was a dweeb! :oops:

fuzzy

HA HA! I remember that commercial vividly! The voice of mother nature sort of creeped me out though!!! That sounds like a great costume!

I have 2 favorite costumes:

1) When I was a cat. I wore it to ballet class, and the instructor kept saying, "Lucinda, would you PLEASE stop playing with your tail" LOL!!

2) My friend's step-dad was the former mayor of ABQ. For Halloween, my friend dressed up as her mom, and I dressed up as her step-dad and we showed up at the same party that her parents were attending. It wasn't the most flattering costume for me, I admit. LOL, I was even carrying a Bush/Quayle sign!

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#5 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:11 pm

After touring the DoND set on Friday, Maddie and her friend Holly decided that next year they were going to get 24 of their closest friends together and dress as DoND models.

fuzzywuzzy

#6 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:16 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:When my grandmother died (my Mom's mom) when I was nine years old, I was given one of her fancy gold sequined dress and fur coat because it wouldn't fit my mom. I dressed up in that dress for four or five years because I loved it so much.

The dress is in my closet, the sequins are all falling off, but I can't bear to part with it.
PSM, that is SO neat! Your Mom didn't mind you wearing her Mom's stuff for Halloween?

fuzzy
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:18 pm

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
PSM, that is SO neat! Your Mom didn't mind you wearing her Mom's stuff for Halloween?
No, it saved her from having to go out and get a costume for me :)

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:23 pm

My mom had a real kimono and obi from that she let me wear for Halloween. I loved it.

My niece won a costume contest this weekend dressed as post-meltdown Britney. Torn fishnets, etc., and carried two babydolls with mini liquor bottles superglued to their hands, and cigarette burns on their heads. She carried around a Starbucks cup and taped a Taco Bell bag to her fugly boots.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#9 Post by AnnieCamaro » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:32 pm

My favorite Halloween costume is my birthday suit.

/:P\
Sou iu koto de.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#10 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:17 pm

I went to a Halloween kegger at college dressed as MisterRogers.

Button down sweater, shirt and tie, slacks, sneakers, microphone from a cassette player pinned to the sweater. My roommate (and drummer in our band) dressed the same way. The final touch? We both showed up with milk in our mugs, telling everyone (in our most excellent Fred Rogers voices) how much better milk was for ya than beer. That didn't last too long, though, as the milk was traded for the brewskis. Many brewskis. We then regaled everyone with our "newfound appreciation" for our new beverage of choice. We had 'em rolling in the aisles (those that hadn't already passed out, that is. The only ones we seemed to annoy were our girlfriends, who got tired of us talking like MisterRogers all night.

We shoulda charged for the entertainment.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:15 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:After touring the DoND set on Friday, Maddie and her friend Holly decided that next year they were going to get 24 of their closest friends together and dress as DoND models.
If they practice the synchronized walking, that could be really freaky! :lol:

a1mamacat

#12 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:37 pm

When I was young and frivalous....

waaaaaaay back when I was about 25, I used an old formal dress of my mom's, a white sheath dress with silver sparkle. It was fairly snug, but I dint mind, because back then my snug looked pretty darned good :oops:

Added a platinum blonde wig, Mega sunhat with much embellishment, and a fake fur stole.

Voila! Mae West.

and...

I think I had a good time :twisted:
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

themanintheseersuckersuit

#13 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:50 pm

This is it. I was amazed at how many people are freaked out by flying monkeys.

2nd favorite was my carrot costume, cause at just the perfect moment I slapped my forehead and said "Wow, I could have been a V-8"
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

tanstaafl2

#14 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:52 pm

My favorite actually has two parts and I have had it now for many years, perhaps as many as 25. It is shown in part in my current avatar. It is the the Grim Reaper, complete with a real scythe, a skeleton arm that I sometimes use and red lights that I can control that are visible behind the black void that is the face of the Reaper.

But it is a cumbersome costume with limited vision and you might see why it could be a bit problematic indoors in a crowded room swinging that scythe around!

It is also hot, you can't drink anything while wearing it and if I am to remain "in character" as I almost always do, then of course "Grim" doesn't speak.

So I have a lovely orange crushed velvet tuxedo I wear while taking a break.

What? Doesn't everyone have Halloween formal wear?

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

FlyingDevilMonkey
Merry Man

#15 Post by FlyingDevilMonkey » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:53 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:This is it. I was amazed at how many people are freaked out by flying monkeys.
Speak for yourself!
"Stop the monkeys! PLEASE Stop the monkeys!"

Elphaba
Merry Man

#16 Post by Elphaba » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:55 pm

FlyingDevilMonkey wrote:
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:This is it. I was amazed at how many people are freaked out by flying monkeys.
Speak for yourself!
Get back to work!
"We all can't come and go by bubble"

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#17 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:46 pm

Mom made me a beautiful Raggedy Ann with brown hair and blue eyes, red blouse, and white skirt. About a decade later, I talked her into making me an outfit just like it. We were so cute.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

mellytu74

My favorite costumes

#18 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:51 pm

I had a couple of favorites as a kid.

Once, I wore an old skirt of my mom's and blouse of my grandmother's, a couple of scarves and tons of jewelry and went as a gypsy.

Then, my cousin Margie was in a wedding as a junior bridesmaid. I got the dress and went as Miss America for the next two years.

Now, I wear a pair of blue coveralls with a yellow blouse, a vintage rose-printed scarf on my head and carry a lunchpail and go as Rosie the Riveter.

Ritterskoop

#19 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:55 pm

I was The Scarecrow, my brother was The Tin Woodman, and two friends were Dorothy and Toto. My younger brother was a basket of leaves, which was good because they only say "rustle, rustle," and don't talk.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

christie1111
11:11

#20 Post by christie1111 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:54 pm

I also have a traditional kimono and obi. And white cotton socks like mittens for wearing with slippers (flip flops). Great costume. I have really pretty decorative chopsticks for wearing in your hair.

I mentioned this thread while sitting here amongst the family1111. Son1111 came up with a unique costume one year (Ithink he was about 7). He was 'MooCow Man" I made him a cape out of cow fur lined with royal blue satin. Along with a cow bell around his neck. He was ging to subdue his foes by squirting his enemies with milk from an udder.

Way too funny!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

5LD

#21 Post by 5LD » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:36 pm

My boyfriend Soph. year in college and I went to a Halloween party together. He as Agent Orange (orange jumpsuit, orange skateboard, orange sneakers, orange ballcap) and I was little ole Scarlett O'Hara. Huge hoop skirt, enormous straw hat. It was hell to get around the party in that dress, but it was fun saying fiddle dee dee all night.

Bixby17

#22 Post by Bixby17 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:21 am

Favorite costume as a kid:

I wore my mom's snowmobile suit, and then I made a alien helmet out of paper mache.

Favorite as adult? Hmmm.

The Nancy Kerrigan one was pretty good. When that was big news, if I wore my hair in a bun and wore red lipstick, I would get Kerrigan remarks.

The Cher costume circa her time with the bagel boy--lots of leather and tattoos was good.

Before the Titans were named, I dressed like a Tennessee Hillbilly Cheerleader, with missing teeth and all.

My American Gladiator costume was awesome. Lots of design work on that one.

We used to go to this fabulous Halloween party so it was a big thing to dress up. The host of the party once showed up in an Texas Aggie jersey, straw hat and was accompanied by a live sheep that had a wig on, lipstick, a skirt, and high heels strapped to the back.

The husband always liked dressing up as a cow. Because it was funny. Some drunk chick would always try to grab his big udders though. It was inevitable.

fuzzywuzzy

#23 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:25 am

We used to go to this fabulous Halloween party so it was a big thing to dress up. The host of the party once showed up in an Texas Aggie jersey, straw hat and was accompanied by a live sheep that had a wig on, lipstick, a skirt, and high heels strapped to the back.

Bixby...was the Texas Aggie's name "George W. Bush?"

Just curious :wink:

Happy Halloween!

fuzzy 8)
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

andrewjackson

#24 Post by andrewjackson » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:30 am

I did a pretty good Clark Kent/Superman a couple of times.

Hair with the curl in front, black frame glasses, tie over the shoulder, blue button-down shirt unbuttoned to reveal Superman t-shirt underneath.

Easy to do but very recognizable.

I also did the Charlie Brown special once.
No matter where you go, there you are.

eyégor
???????

#25 Post by eyégor » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:37 am

I can't really remember any of mine that stood out, but one of my daughters makes up for it.

The past 3 years she was

2005 - Al Sharpton
2006 - Britney Spears in rehab (pretty prophetic, eh?)
2007 - Ugly Betty