off on a grand tour

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: off on a grand tour

#26 Post by Bob Juch » Tue May 07, 2024 7:47 am

earendel wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 11:11 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 3:14 pm
What brand of scooter do you have? How much trouble did you have with transporting it on your flights? How long were you without it when boarding and deboarding? I'm considering buying one and would like to know which not to buy!
This is the model I had.
https://mobilitydepartment.com/products ... 4QEALw_wcB

We drove to Detroit to see it and for me to try it out. It folds itself via a remote, weighs about 55 pounds, comes with two rechargeable batteries that can be removed for taking the scooter on airplanes. The scooter wasn't the problem as much as it was what is supposed to be handicapped ramps for getting onto and off of sidewalks (and the gangplanks of cruise ships).
Thanks, it looks very fragile. I'm probably going to get this one: https://scootaroundstore.com/en/pride-jazzy-zero-turn
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

earendel

Re: off on a grand tour

#27 Post by earendel » Wed May 08, 2024 5:19 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 4:29 pm
Our neighbors are on the Royal Carribean world cruise. Left in Dec, get back Sept. It was diverted around Cape of Good Hope, to avert Red Sea stuff. They eventually end up in Med, but don't think any river cruises. Jeff gets updates from their kids.
I can't imagine being on a cruise for almost a year.
Yours, except for mishaps, sounds doable.
IMO 30 days at sea was about 7 too long, but elwing really wanted to do it. Of course we didn't purchase the internet package, and that might have made a difference.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."