With Our Modern Day Jacobins

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Re: With Our Modern Day Jacobins

#26 Post by Spock » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:06 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:50 am
Spock wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:10 am
>If anything, the story of Lincoln and the 38 Dakota approaches the original spirit of the Bored that I fell in love with. We went down a lot of rabbit holes then and learned a lot of back stories.
I'll defer to LB on this one, but I'm pretty sure we didn't have any discussions that went like this:

SSS: What do you think about the phone game?

Spock: Let me tell you about Abe Lincoln and the 38 Dakotas and while we're at it, let's discuss George Washington's dentures as well.
No, that sounds almost exactly word for word the type of stuff that we did. LOL.

As I said before,this is history that everyone should know irregardless of any attacks on Mount Rushmore. Give me some good reasons, why it is a rabbit hole(as you term it) and not an important part of history to know the backstory on. After all, it was the largest mass execution in US history taking place in the midst of the Civil War.

In many ways, it shows Lincoln at his finest. Discuss.

What other events in history do you consider as rabbit holes to be blocked off?

silverscreenselect

#27 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:35 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:06 pm
I don't mind you and the Sons of the Pioneers getting your laughs any way you can by poking fun at a Twitter moron. What I do mind is your bringing up a subject and then, rather than discuss the subject, insist that I pass some sort of purity test by studying what you think I should study. You are not my high school history teacher.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#28 Post by Spock » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:46 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:33 pm
The transparent ignorance/dismissal of the questions brought up initially in this post is tres amusant. Current events? Research?

Nihilist cancel culture is cherrypicking its own destructive pathway landmarks by forgetting current events of the past, ie, fucking history.

Funniest thread ever.
High praise from the Queen of Whack. Thanks.

It was worth coming back just for this thread.

Do you think SSS gets the joke? I can't hold it in anymore.

My God, we have our most active member of the Cancel Culture continually trying to place a huge Cancel Culture meme out of bounds.

Funnier yet, he considers it only to be the work of an isolated Twitter Moron. For someone who purportedly speaks for the Native Americans offended by Mount Rushmore, he is totally clueless that the "38 Dakota" are kind of a big thing in that community.

silverscreenselect

#29 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:43 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:46 pm
Do you think SSS gets the joke? I can't hold it in anymore.
There's an active joke thread here. Try posting on it. I'm sure you've got a whole bunch more rip snorters.

Spock

#30 Post by Spock » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:43 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:35 pm
Spock wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:06 pm
I don't mind you and the Sons of the Pioneers getting your laughs any way you can by poking fun at a Twitter moron. What I do mind is your bringing up a subject and then, rather than discuss the subject, insist that I pass some sort of purity test by studying what you think I should study. You are not my high school history teacher.
In other words: "I Fart in Your General Direction."

Note to LB: If anything from the last few years has earned a place in Bored history- SSS's "You are not my history teacher" certainly merits consideration in the category.

Another funny part of the joke is that EVERYBODY here (regardless of political leanings) knows that at some future point-maybe not too long the way things are going- you would have been all over the "Lincoln 38 Dakota" meme as it came to your attention and you found a way to use it.

You would have used it as a bludgeon and it wouldn't have been "Going down a rabbit hole" then.

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:25 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:43 pm
Another funny part of the joke is that EVERYBODY here (regardless of political leanings) knows that at some future point-maybe not too long the way things are going- you would have been all over the "Lincoln 38 Dakota" meme as it came to your attention and you found a way to use it.
You are apparently the only "Everybody" here who knows that.