Somebody Likes My Reviews

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Somebody Likes My Reviews

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:27 pm

I just found out that I made the cover of a book on Amazon, or at least my blurb did. I've also got a book blog tour coming up in a couple of weeks reviewing a memoir of a guy who won millions in the Canadian lottery:

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Somebody Likes My Reviews

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:51 pm

I think you just sold a book to me. "Deliciously twisted" sounds like the very kind of reading for which I've been looking.

All of my most recent book purchases have been in the area of sociology/history of the Saami people of northern Scandinavia. I'm ready for something a bit different now, and Wiki is ready to herd the reindeer on her own.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:18 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:51 pm
I think you just sold a book to me. "Deliciously twisted" sounds like the very kind of reading for which I've been looking.
The Kindle version is actually available for free right now on Amazon (although I don't know how long that will last).
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#4 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:31 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:18 pm
silvercamaro wrote:
The Kindle version is actually available for free right now on Amazon (although I don't know how long that will last).
Done. It's waiting in the cloud for me. Thanks again.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

franktangredi

#5 Post by franktangredi » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:56 am

Nice!

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:48 am

silvercamaro wrote:

All of my most recent book purchases have been in the area of sociology/history of the Saami people of northern Scandinavia. I'm ready for something a bit different now, and Wiki is ready to herd the reindeer on her own.
I'm going to download the book too.

I'm descended from the Sámi in Norway. What one book do you recommend?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#7 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:37 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:48 am
Hmmn. I'm no expert, but I guess I would suggest the first one I read, which made me want to find more -- The Sami Peoples of the North: A Social and Cultural History. I suspect this started out as the author's doctoral dissertation, but it's readable and it covers a broad scope.

Because of your interest in genealogy, you in particular also might be interested in Far Northern Connections, which deals with trying to track ancestry in a society largely without birth certificates. I have not read it, so I cannot vouch for its usefulness.

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:21 am

silvercamaro wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:37 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:48 am
Hmmn. I'm no expert, but I guess I would suggest the first one I read, which made me want to find more -- The Sami Peoples of the North: A Social and Cultural History. I suspect this started out as the author's doctoral dissertation, but it's readable and it covers a broad scope.

Because of your interest in genealogy, you in particular also might be interested in Far Northern Connections, which deals with trying to track ancestry in a society largely without birth certificates. I have not read it, so I cannot vouch for its usefulness.
Thanks! I'll order the first but the second I don't really need as I was able to connect to existing trees going back to the 1200s.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.