Oops from Tulsa

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
andyrinny2

Oops from Tulsa

#1 Post by andyrinny2 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:44 pm

Trump tonight: "So I said to my people, slow the testing down, please."

Has there ever been a starker admission of a President putting self-interest above the public interest?

silverscreenselect

Re: Oops from Tulsa

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:47 pm

He also referred to the coronavirus as "Kung flu."

But the biggest oops of all is the size of the crowd. The million or so people who supposedly showed interest in the rally turned into about 10,000 who showed up in an arena twice that size. Of course, Trump being Trump, they packed people as close as they could to the stage fo that his PR flaks could produce tight shots of the "throngs" cheering for Trump rather than trying to spread the crowd out. They had also built a stage outdoors with the plan for Trump to address those waiting outside who couldn't get in. Since there were only a handful of people outside, that idea was cancelled and they're trying to take the stage apart as quickly as they can.

And, of course, Trump is blaming the protestors and the media for keeping people away. I'm not sure if Anderson Cooper and Wolf Blitzer are locking arms to keep the masses out of the arena, but police wisely kept protestors several blocks away to avoid possible confrontation with Trump supporters. I must admit that I'm surprised that when push came to shove, many Trump supporters valued their health over Trump's re-election.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:20 pm

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:29 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:47 pm
He also referred to the coronavirus as "Kung flu."

But the biggest oops of all is the size of the crowd. The million or so people who supposedly showed interest in the rally turned into about 10,000 who showed up in an arena twice that size. Of course, Trump being Trump, they packed people as close as they could to the stage fo that his PR flaks could produce tight shots of the "throngs" cheering for Trump rather than trying to spread the crowd out. They had also built a stage outdoors with the plan for Trump to address those waiting outside who couldn't get in. Since there were only a handful of people outside, that idea was cancelled and they're trying to take the stage apart as quickly as they can.

And, of course, Trump is blaming the protestors and the media for keeping people away. I'm not sure if Anderson Cooper and Wolf Blitzer are locking arms to keep the masses out of the arena, but police wisely kept protestors several blocks away to avoid possible confrontation with Trump supporters. I must admit that I'm surprised that when push came to shove, many Trump supporters valued their health over Trump's re-election.
It gets better. Much better.

Thank the kids. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:23 am

Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale 6/22/20 wrote:The fact is that a week’s worth of the fake news media warning people away from the rally because of COVID and protestors, coupled with recent images of American cities on fire, had a real impact on people bringing their families and children to the rally... Leftists and online trolls doing a victory lap, thinking they somehow impacted rally attendance, don’t know what they’re talking about or how our rallies work. Registering for a rally means you’ve RSVPed with a cell phone number and we constantly weed out bogus numbers, as we did with tens of thousands at the Tulsa rally, in calculating our possible attendee pool. These phony ticket requests never factor into our thinking.
So, apparently approximately 994,000 Trump supporters developed cold feet at the last minute because of those big bad Antifa protesters and decided not to show up. This picture is worth a thousand Brad "soon-to-be-ex-campaign-manager" Parscale excuses.

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:29 am

And I knew this wouldn't take long:

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:23 am

Trump was screwed by teenagers for the first time since he hung out with Jeffrey Epstein. :lol:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:38 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:23 am
Trump was screwed by teenagers for the first time since he hung out with Jeffrey Epstein. :lol:
Bob:

I assume you're sending this from your I-phone while waiting to get in the Trump rally in Phoenix. It's sure to be safe because they have ionized ventilation units that will kill 99.9% of the Covid germs.

andyrinny2

#9 Post by andyrinny2 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:12 pm

Trump reverted on Tuesday to his more usual way of describing testing: “Here's what I say: Testing is a double-edged sword. In one way, it tells you you have cases. In another way, you find out where the cases are and you do a good job."

So, on the one hand, increased testing is good for the health of the American people. On the other hand, increased testing is bad because ___?

But, no worry, this is just Trump speaking. Surely, he wouldn't actually decrease federal support for testing at this time, right?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/2 ... ing-338217
* "The federal government is ending its support for 13 drive-thru coronavirus testing sites on June 30, urging states to take over their operations — even as cases spike in several parts of the country."
* "Seven sites are in Texas, which is experiencing record numbers of confirmed coronavirus cases and hospitalizations."
* "Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) was also critical of the plan. "It's pretty clear to me, and I think it's clear to all of us, that with the uptick of cases, now is not the time to retreat from our vigilance in testing," he said. "I believe that they need to extend that federal support in Texas, at least until we get this most recent uptick in cases addressed."