Transcript 4/22/2020 - Nikki Glazer (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

Transcript 4/22/2020 - Nikki Glazer (carryover)

#1 Post by earendel » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:24 am

Nikki Glazer

Nikki says that there are a lot of "Robert Blake cockatoos" out there because in the 1980s everyone wanted one because of the TV show Barretta. She has her "Phone a Friend" lifeline remaining.

$125,000: In the movie "Anchorman," Brian Fantana memorably says, "60% of the time, it works every time" about which of his many colognes?
A - London Gentleman
B - Blackbeard's Delight
C - Sex Panther
D - Humpback

"This is a comedy question," Nikki says. She's heard it said by men many times. She thinks it's C, and doesn't think her Phone a Friend can help, but she would like to talk with him - Chris deStefano. She went out with him once but he bailed after she asked him out for a second date. She picked him because he's really good at history. She knows it was Paul Rudd who said it. She decides to use her lifeline, but when Jimmy asks her if she's sure, she backs off. She finally decides to make C her final answer.
Spoiler
Answer: C (Sex Panther)
$250,000: A gem's ability to split light into the colors of the spectrum is called its what?
A - spark
B - array
C - fire
D - awe

She says it seems like it ought to be "array" but that's too easy of an answer because it's so obvious. Her PAF won't help her with this one. She is surprised when Jimmy tells her she has already made $125,000. She opts to use her PAF.
Spoiler
"Phone a Friend results": Nikki reads the question but Chris has to have the answers repeated. Just before the time runs out Chris says "fire".
Nikki says he could be right but she's not sure so she decides to walk away.
Spoiler
Answer: C (fire)
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

earendel

Re: Transcript 4/22/2020 - Nikki Glazer (carryover)

#2 Post by earendel » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:13 am

earendel wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:24 am
Nikki Glazer
earendel wrote:
$125,000: In the movie "Anchorman," Brian Fantana memorably says, "60% of the time, it works every time" about which of his many colognes?
A - London Gentleman
B - Blackbeard's Delight
C - Sex Panther
D - Humpback

"This is a comedy question," Nikki says. She's heard it said by men many times. She thinks it's C, and doesn't think her Phone a Friend can help, but she would like to talk with him - Chris deStefano. She went out with him once but he bailed after she asked him out for a second date. She picked him because he's really good at history. She knows it was Paul Rudd who said it. She decides to use her lifeline, but when Jimmy asks her if she's sure, she backs off. She finally decides to make C her final answer.
Spoiler
I've never seen "Anchorman" so I'd be using a lifeline here.
earendel wrote:
$250,000: A gem's ability to split light into the colors of the spectrum is called its what?
A - spark
B - array
C - fire
D - awe

She says it seems like it ought to be "array" but that's too easy of an answer because it's so obvious. Her PAF won't help her with this one. She is surprised when Jimmy tells her she has already made $125,000. She opts to use her PAF.
Spoiler
"Phone a Friend results": Nikki reads the question but Chris has to have the answers repeated. Just before the time runs out Chris says "fire".
Nikki says he could be right but she's not sure so she decides to walk away.
Spoiler
Answer: C (fire)
This one I knew.

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:53 am

A - London Gentleman
B - Blackbeard's Delight
C - Sex Panther
D - Humpback

Spoiler
TPTB have given the celebs a +1 to use for ten questions,but they've reduced the PAF list to one individual? So you chose a professional comedian to cover history, but you decide you can't trust him about a comedy question? :roll:

Oh, I'd need a lifeline here, too. I know MarleysNephew has seen this one.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#4 Post by Estonut » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:17 pm

earendel wrote:
She thinks it's C, and doesn't think her Phone a Friend can help, but she would like to talk with him - Chris deStefano.
This should be "Chris Distefano," who is a comedian. "Chris DeStefano" is a Grammy-winning Nashville singer/songwriter.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:24 am

Estonut wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:17 pm
earendel wrote:
She thinks it's C, and doesn't think her Phone a Friend can help, but she would like to talk with him - Chris deStefano.
This should be "Chris Distefano," who is a comedian. "Chris DeStefano" is a Grammy-winning Nashville singer/songwriter.
Since they didn't show a graphic, I had to go by what I heard. Not that I would have known the difference between the two.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#6 Post by Estonut » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:04 pm

earendel wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:24 am
Estonut wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:17 pm
earendel wrote:
Since they didn't show a graphic, I had to go by what I heard. Not that I would have known the difference between the two.
Totally understandable, ear. I did not intend to place blame, just to clarify.

I knew of the songwriter but was unaware of the comedian, so I Googled the name when I saw it in the transcripts. Now, it's documented in the transcript thread.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx