Transcript 4/15/20 Nikki Glaser

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 4/15/20 Nikki Glaser

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:28 am

Nikki Glaser
Comedian

Nikki is playing for Rescue the Birds.

Nikki’s +1 is Dr. Drew Pinsky.

$100
On his classic show, the Lone Ranger’s heroics often prompted what question from onlookers?
A: Who was that dashing dude? B: Who was that mysterious muchacho?
C: Who was that masked man? D: Is that guy off his meds?
Answer
C: Who was that masked man?
$200
Often used at a séance, a Ouija board is believed to give people the ability to do what?
A: Breathe fire B: Communicate with the dead
C: Turn invisible D: Walk through walls
Answer
B: Communicate with the dead
$300
Which of these vehicles typically doesn’t have handlebars?
A: Motorcycle B: Tricycle
C: Unicycle D: Bicycle
Answer
C: Unicycle
$500
Disney’s 2020 wedding gown collection offers dresses inspired by all but which of these Disney characters?
A: Belle B: Ariel
C: Jasmine D: Cruella de Vil
Answer
D: Cruella de Vil
$1,000
Graduation ceremonies traditionally begin with the playing of song called what?
A: Strength & Honor B: Pomp & Circumstance
C: Trust & Promise D: Grace & Glory
Answer
B: Pomp & Circumstance
Commercial break

$2,000
A French doctor who was too shy to press his ear on a patient’s chest is created with inventing the first what?
A: Thermometer B: Scalpel
C: Stethoscope D: Tongue depressor
Answer
C: Stethoscope
$4,000
Years after playing “The Fonz” on “Happy Days,” what actor now plays acting coach Gene Cousineau on HBO’s “Barry”?
A: Ron Howard B: Scott Baio
C: Henry Winkler D: Anson Williams
Answer
C: Henry Winkler
$8,000
Businessman Ray Kroc once said, “It requires a certain type of mind to see beauty in a” what?
A: Scoop of ice cream B: Bar of soap
C: Microchip D: Hamburger bun
Answer
D: Hamburger bun
$16,000
Which of these critically acclaimed films was made to look as if it takes place almost entirely in one continuous shot?
A: 1917 B: The Two Popes
C: The Lighthouse D: Judy

Nikki saw a battle scene that looked like one continuous shot. Dr. Drew has seen “The Two Popes” and “Judy,” and they’re out. He’s seen a trailer for “The Lighthouse” with close-up cuts. Nikki considers using the 50/50 but decides not to. She seems to be settling on “1917,” but surprisingly she makes “The Lighthouse” her final answer.

Dr. Drew shouts “No no no!” Nikki screams “1917 final answer!”

Commercial break

The judges allow Nikki to change her answer to “1917.”

END OF TRANSCRIPT. I QUIT.

Edited to add the final two questions, provided by earendel

$32,000: Which of the following is the name of an official weightlifting event at the Olympics?
A - grip & hold
B - clean & jerk
C - tug & pull
D - clutch & flip
Spoiler
Answer: B (clean & jerk)
She asks Dr. Drew for help; he thinks it's "B" but says that "jerk" looks weird. They debate and decide that "B" is the final answer.

She wants to get rid of the 50:50 lifeline in order to keep Dr. Drew as a lifeline, but after prompting from Jimmy she decides to change "Ask the Host" instead.

$64,000: If you walked due north from San Antonio, Texas to Canada, which of these states would you not pass through on your journey?
A - Kansas
B - Nebraska
C - South Dakota
D - Colorado

Nikki thinks "Dakota, yeah, Kansas, maybe." She doesn't know geography that well and thinks Colorado is the one. She thinks that if she knew where San Antonio was it would help her. She "literally has no idea" and using the 50:50 won't help. She asks Dr. Drew. He says it has to be either Kansas or Colorado because they're side by side. Not knowing which side of Texas San Antonio is on would help. He thinks it's more west, she thinks it's more east. She decides to use the 50:50.
Spoiler
"50:50 results": C & D
She says that is helpful because North Dakota was also an answer. Dr. Drew says no. She makes "D" her final answer.
Spoiler
Answer: D (Colorado)
The horn! Nikki will be back next week.

silverscreenselect

Re: Transcript 4/15/20 Nikki Glaser

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:58 am

I have no idea who Nikki Glaser is, other than someone who is famous for being famous, and I realize that these episodes were undoubtedly taped before the coronavirus pandemic, but watching some third-rate comedienne playing for a "rescue the parrots whose owners died of old age" charity is about the bottom of the barrel.

P.S.: There's a real easy way to rescue parrots. Just open the door to their cage.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

bazodee

#3 Post by bazodee » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:12 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:58 am
I have no idea who Nikki Glaser is, other than someone who is famous for being famous, and I realize that these episodes were undoubtedly taped before the coronavirus pandemic, but watching some third-rate comedienne playing for a "rescue the parrots whose owners died of old age" charity is about the bottom of the barrel.

P.S.: There's a real easy way to rescue parrots. Just open the door to their cage.
Episodes were taped the weekend of March 13

ghostjmf

#4 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:21 am

Re SSS's parrot advice:

That would be cruel, unless you're living in the tropics.

I knew they were going to let unknown-celeb continue playing.

I must be easier-to- please than all of you; I'm enjoying this.

Sonicfan49

#5 Post by Sonicfan49 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:49 am

I hope she's only being allowed to continue just because it's for charity and only that. I can't help but be reminded of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWiTbO7AugM

Celeb contestants screwed up an MDQ and lost a whole ton of money for charity. It was a perfectly legit question, but they were let back on the show anyways to see another MDQ and walk away. Again, it was a perfectly legit question, but they threw it out anyways.

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:01 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:28 am
Nikki Glaser
Comedian

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$16,000
Which of these critically acclaimed films was made to look as if it takes place almost entirely in one continuous shot?

Nikki saw a battle scene that looked like one continuous shot. Dr. Drew has seen “The Two Popes” and “Judy,” and they’re out. He’s seen a trailer for “The Lighthouse” with close-up cuts. Nikki considers using the 50/50 but decides not to. She seems to be settling on “1917,” but surprisingly she makes “The Lighthouse” her final answer.

OK, this is just plain wrong. I realize that this is for charity, but if your're going to claim to be WWTBAM, then the rules should apply. Nikki clearly said "Final answer" and the judges shouldn't have allowed the change. Yes, I know the celebrity gets $32K no matter what, but for Regis's sake, play the game the way it's supposed to be played!

That said, I'll finish the transcript.

$32,000: Which of the following is the name of an official weightlifting event at the Olympics?
A - grip & hold
B - clean & jerk
C - tug & pull
D - clutch & flip
Spoiler
She asks Dr. Drew for help; he thinks it's "B" but says that "jerk" looks weird. They debate and decide that "B" is the final answer.

She wants to get rid of the 50:50 lifeline in order to keep Dr. Drew as a lifeline, but after prompting from Jimmy she decides to change "Ask the Host" instead.

$64,000: If you walked due north from San Antonio, Texas to Canada, which of these states would you not pass through on your journey?
A - Kansas
B - Nebraska
C - South Dakota
D - Colorado

Nikki thinks "Dakota, yeah, Kansas, maybe." She doesn't know geography that well and thinks Colorado is the one. She thinks that if she knew where San Antonio was it would help her. She "literally has no idea" and using the 50:50 won't help. She asks Dr. Drew. He says it has to be either Kansas or Colorado because they're side by side. Not knowing which side of Texas San Antonio is on would help. He thinks it's more west, she thinks it's more east. She decides to use the 50:50.
Spoiler
She says that is helpful because North Dakota was also an answer. Dr. Drew says no. She makes "D" her final answer.
Spoiler
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:01 am

earendel wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:01 am
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Nikki Glaser
Comedian

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$16,000

OK, this is just plain wrong. I realize that this is for charity, but if your're going to claim to be WWTBAM, then the rules should apply. Nikki clearly said "Final answer" and the judges shouldn't have allowed the change. Yes, I know the celebrity gets $32K no matter what, but for Regis's sake, play the game the way it's supposed to be played!

That said, I'll finish the transcript.

A - grip & hold
B - clean & jerk
C - tug & pull
D - clutch & flip
Spoiler

A - Kansas
B - Nebraska
C - South Dakota
D - Colorado

Spoiler
Spoiler
Nihil obstat®.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:19 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Significant but not mentioned in the transcript: After Nikki decided she wanted to help birds, she had to do a Google search to find this particular charity.

She didn't even have a particular charity she was already familiar with to give this windfall to!?!? :roll:

As for the rest, I've already exploded in that other thread, so I'll just echo earendel's Nihil obstat®.