About those Coronavirus checks

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Pastor Fireball

About those Coronavirus checks

#1 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:45 pm

The issuance of those checks is being delayed because the checks will be digitally altered to include the kindergarten scribble that passes as Drumpf's signature.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

That will obviously change that plans that my family had for that check. We don't necessarily need the money as we have thousands of dollars in the bank to cover any and all emergency expenses for years to come, so the only decision is what we should do with our check once it arrives. I thought of several different courses of action:

A. Donate the entire $2,500 to the World Health Organization. Genghis Con just cut WHO's funding earlier this week... which could come as no surprise to anybody, as its name includes three things that Drumpf hates: the world, health, and organization. It's similar to what Hugh Laurie famous said during his acceptance speech at the 2017 Golden Globes, that the name "Hollywood Foreign Press Association" includes four words that scare Drumpf.

B. Donate the entire $2,500 to Joe Biden. His campaign could use it, since he didn't exactly light up the tote boards during the primary.

C. Spend the entire $2,500 only at Black-owned businesses. You know why.

D. Donate the entire $2,500 to Black Lives Matter. Again, self-explanatory.

E. The option that I made to David Rackowitz several weeks ago: Take a blue magic marker and write "VOID" across the check--along with several hashtags that will hurt Drumpf's fragile feelings--and send the voided check directly to Drumpf. I wouldn't mail the check to the White House or to Drumpf Tower, but to Mar-a-Lago. Along with the voided check, I would mail a nice little handwritten letter proffering a few suggestions as to where Drumpf can insert his check.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Bob Juch

Re: About those Coronavirus checks

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:04 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:45 pm
The issuance of those checks is being delayed because the checks will be digitally altered to include the kindergarten scribble that passes as Drumpf's signature.

That will obviously change that plans that my family had for that check. We don't necessarily need the money as we have thousands of dollars in the bank to cover any and all emergency expenses for years to come, so the only decision is what we should do with our check once it arrives. I thought of several different courses of action:

A. Donate the entire $2,500 to the World Health Organization. Genghis Con just cut WHO's funding earlier this week... which could come as no surprise to anybody, as its name includes three things that Drumpf hates: the world, health, and organization. It's similar to what Hugh Laurie famous said during his acceptance speech at the 2017 Golden Globes, that the name "Hollywood Foreign Press Association" includes four words that scare Drumpf.

B. Donate the entire $2,500 to Joe Biden. His campaign could use it, since he didn't exactly light up the tote boards during the primary.

E. The option that I made to David Rackowitz several weeks ago: Take a blue magic marker and write "VOID" across the check--along with several hashtags that will hurt Drumpf's fragile feelings--and send the voided check directly to Drumpf. I wouldn't mail the check to the White House or to Drumpf Tower, but to Mar-a-Lago. Along with the voided check, I would mail a nice little handwritten letter proffering a few suggestions as to where Drumpf can insert his check.
Good idea except for E. You might consider donating to a food bank too.

It's $1200 per adult and $500 per child. How do you get $2500?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:05 am

Leaving aside the issue of what to do with the stimulus check, does it really matter whose signature is on it? Most of them will be directly deposited into a bank account and so no signature will be seen.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:09 am

earendel wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:05 am
Leaving aside the issue of what to do with the stimulus check, does it really matter whose signature is on it? Most of them will be directly deposited into a bank account and so no signature will be seen.
Donald Trump 4/15/20 wrote:I don’t know too much about it. but I understand my name is [on the checks]. I don’t know where they’re going, how they’re going. I do understand it’s not delaying anything, and I’m satisfied with that. I don’t imagine it’s a big deal. I’m sure people will be very happy to get a big, fat, beautiful check and my name is on it.
There's your answer along with two more Trump lies. He made the decision himself and it will delay printing of the checks by several days until they reprogram the system to accommodate his signature in the Memo field.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:34 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:45 pm

I guess your church has more money than they know what to do with?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx