Rocketman

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Rocketman

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:01 pm

Epix free. It is awesome.
Well, then

Ritterskoop

Re: Rocketman

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:47 am

I liked it. I was little uncomfortable at some of the drug use, but it was accurate, and not gratuitous. EJ said his life was not PG-rated, and they needed to keep some of that stuff in there to show that it is bad for you.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:17 pm

We both, Ranger Jeff and I, didn't think anything was gratuitous. I did caveat to our kiddos not to watch with the babes...
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#4 Post by Vandal » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:40 pm

I liked it. Biopics can often go wrong trying to cover too much ground, but this one knew when to stop.

One thing that bugged me was that some of the songs didn't follow the real discography timeline. I love The Bitch is Back and the way it was choreographed, but it wasn't an early career hit. Picky, yes, but I notice these things (same with Bohemian Rhapsody).

Wait did I just say Timeline! Imagine that.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#5 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:07 am

Vandal wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:40 pm
I liked it. Biopics can often go wrong trying to cover too much ground, but this one knew when to stop.

One thing that bugged me was that some of the songs didn't follow the real discography timeline. I love The Bitch is Back and the way it was choreographed, but it wasn't an early career hit. Picky, yes, but I notice these things (same with Bohemian Rhapsody).

Wait did I just say Timeline! Imagine that.
I was about to say the same things. As movies go, I was very entertained, and I knew going in that fantasy elements were mixed in with the biographical details.

But yeah, the nitpicky music geek in me couldn't resist crying foul over the timeline of the songs presented. Numerous comments of the "Waitaminnit, Elton and Bernie didn't write that for at least another 6 years" and "Elton recorded that YEARS before this" were thrown at the screen. Still, overall, I liked it.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck