What are you doing if you're stuck at Home,

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

What are you doing if you're stuck at Home,

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:45 am

..to keep from going stir-crazy?

I'm "essential" so still working M-F, but having to stay put on the weekend is starting to get to me - there's only so much reading I can do, even though I love to read...
Tell me what you're doing to stay sane.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

Re: What are you doing if you're stuck at Home,

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:07 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:45 am
..to keep from going stir-crazy?

I'm "essential" so still working M-F, but having to stay put on the weekend is starting to get to me - there's only so much reading I can do, even though I love to read...
Tell me what you're doing to stay sane.
You're assuming we were sane before the virus hit. Because of my health, I was going out just one night a week at most, so I haven't had to adjust much. What does bother me is that the work I have to do has slowed to a crawl because everyone else is working from home.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:30 pm

Pretty much what I did before, minus kiddos. Hope God isn't smiting me for wishing I had had days of late sleeping. Irony at its finest.
Anyway, GG will be the informing background tv thread for this period for me.

I'm trying to paint a pic of the kids but realize I gotta relearn how to draw.

Reading a crappy book.

Did my toes.

We do crosswords all the time and started Solitaire. Solitaire!
Well, then

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:55 am

I work from home and also get to help my granddaughter with her two week old twin boys. What a time to have newborns x two. Thankful I am able to do it.

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:08 am

kayrharris wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:55 am
I work from home and also get to help my granddaughter with her two week old twin boys. What a time to have newborns x two. Thankful I am able to do it.

kay
Wow - that will definitely keep you busy! They are just precious. And what a huge blessing for momma to know you've got her babies.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:10 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:30 pm
Pretty much what I did before, minus kiddos. Hope God isn't smiting me for wishing I had had days of late sleeping. Irony at its finest.
Anyway, GG will be the informing background tv thread for this period for me.

I'm trying to paint a pic of the kids but realize I gotta relearn how to draw.

Reading a crappy book.

Did my toes.

We do crosswords all the time and started Solitaire. Solitaire!
I've ordered a jigsaw puzzle. Not able to work from home, so it's just the weekends that need filling for me. Missing taking grandbaby shopping, but saving money, at least.

SpacemanSpiff

#7 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:13 am

The few days I've been stuck at home (when I had a fever caused by the tooth issue), I worked when Laverne would let me and didn't try to help (she has a habit of wanting to lay on the keyboard), and watched too many game shows.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

triviawayne

#8 Post by triviawayne » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:33 am

ENJOYING IT!

Vandal
Director of Promos

#9 Post by Vandal » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:36 am

I’m in my third week of working from home. Since I can’t access my usual lab material, I am authorized to take online training and classes as deemed appropriate by highers up.

That’s a fancy way of saying I get paid to watch YouTube videos most of the day. It’s a twentysomething’s dream job!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Bob Juch

Re: What are you doing if you're stuck at Home

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:59 am

I've been working from home for six years so the only thing that's changed is going out for a beer or two with my friends once a week.

Things at work have been almost dead because everyone else is working from home. I've had more time to work on my genealogy and just had confirmation of one hypothetical line due to DNA matches with 5th cousins.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

earendel

#11 Post by earendel » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:12 pm

I used to think that teleworking was a nice perquisite of my job. I was doing it every Monday. Now it's lost its allure. And since I use a computer for work, doing so in my off-hours doesn't appeal either. I'm not a subscriber to any streaming services so I don't have the option to binge-watch programs. That leaves reading. My Lenten discipline was to read "The Death of the Messiah" by Raymond Brown, so I'm doing that. I'm also re-reading Christopher Tolkien's compendium of his father's developing legendarium.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:02 pm

As I'm still working, what I'm seeing is a lot of what people think is 'essential' really isn't. And some don't like it when you explain they aren't the ones who get to determine "essential-ness"