A Counter-Factual History-Plague Preparation and Lib Reaction

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: A Counter-Factual History-Plague Preparation and Lib Reaction

#26 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:17 am

Appa23 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:07 am
I love the irony of SSS doubling down on the racist use of Oriental after Esto corrected him.

Trust me, when I filled out the census, I noted that my son and daughter are people, not a rug and a vase. :roll:
Well, I'm not sure what the right term to use is in this situation. People are being attacked because they "look Chinese" in the eyes of whoever is attacking them. It's not limited to Asian-Americans. In retrospect, I probably should have used the word "Asian" here, although in my view "Asian" is inherently overinclusive because it would include people from the Middle East, when that is generally not the intention of whoever uses the term.

It's similar to what's been happening for years when Indians and Sikhs have been attacked because they look like "Arab terrorists."
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#27 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:39 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:35 am
Estonut wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:23 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:20 pm
But as this article shows, it's a lot more than one incident in the Bronx. It's nearly 100 attacks a day against Oriental people.
Actually, your article describes attacks on Asian Americans. The term you used fell out of favor decades ago and is now the second betrayal of your own racism here.
The term was chosen deliberately by me to distinguish the motivation behind the attacks. I'm sure that these attackers are not checking passports before they attack; instead, they are going after people who "look" Chinese, which describes a much larger number of Oriental people. So, it's not a betrayal of my racism.
Wow. :shock: :roll:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#28 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:43 am

Appa23 wrote:
I love the irony of SSS doubling down on the racist use of Oriental after Esto corrected him.

Trust me, when I filled out the census, I noted that my son and daughter are people, not a rug and a vase. :roll:
Speaking of the census, when I filled out my form and it asked what my ancestry was (why was that necessary?) I answered: German, Swiss, Norwegian, Danish, Czech, English, and Irish. I hope that caused a program error when they processed it.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Appa23

#29 Post by Appa23 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:09 pm

I listed my wife, our youngest, and myself as “American”.

Generally, my dad’s clan and my mom’s clan have been here for over 150 years. Wife’s family is about as long.

My claim to being Irish or English should not be viewed as equal to my kids being Korean.

Also really didn’t know the purpose of the question.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#30 Post by Estonut » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:48 pm

Appa23 wrote:

Also ironic that SSS has told Flock many times that (everyone else's) racism is often at a subconscious level.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx