"Millionaire Live" app game to start weekly 4/8

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
thguy65

"Millionaire Live" app game to start weekly 4/8

#1 Post by thguy65 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:46 pm

It might be the closest thing we ever get to the old phone game.
The app is available on both Apple and Android platforms

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/04/0 ... 1-million/
Millionaire Live is giving you 8 chances to win up to $1 million
Starts this Wednesday, April 8 at 8 p.m. PDT

Who Wants to be a Millionaire has existed on U.S. television in primetime or syndication for 20 years. This season, comedian Jimmy Kimmel will be hosting a special primetime series starting this Wednesday, April 8. And, for the next 8 weeks, it will be a competitor to the recently-revived HQ Trivia, giving fans of the show a chance at winning at least $32,000 and up to $1 million.

Sony and ABC have launched a new live game show app called Millionaire Live in which fans of the series will be able to play the game with the help of celebrity host Kay Adams of the NFL Network's Good Morning Football. Games will start at 8 p.m. PDT on Wednesdays and the grand prize will be the same as the top dollar amount earned in the televised WWTBAM game that night. Contestants will need to verify a U.S. phone number to participate.

Players will have 12 seconds to answer a multiple choice question with the goal of answering correctly and outsmarting their peer contestants for as many as 25 questions.

Three lifelines are offered for one use each and only once per question during the first 15 questions: 50:50, which takes two of the four answers away; Double Dip, which allows players to guess twice for a single question, and; Go with the Audience, which automatically takes the most popular answer from the pool. If the game goes beyond 15 questions, the lifelines become unavailable.

The game ends and a winner/winners are declared if after the 15th question a single contestant remains in the pool or if multiple contestants remaining in an extended session have all failed to answer the last question correctly — the pot will then be split between those players.

If you don't win one week, you're able to try again the next until the series ends.

The Millionaire Live app is set for a contest this afternoon at 1 p.m. PDT, likely as a dry run. Download it from the Play Store or APK Mirror. Full rules can be found here. We wish you good luck.
Here is the link to the Rules

https://flash.sonypictures.com/ist/mill ... motion.pdf

- Tim H.
Last edited by thguy65 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thguy65

Re: "Millionaire Live" app game to start weekly 4/8

#2 Post by thguy65 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:48 pm

If you download the app now, you can participate in the beta test occurring today at 4 PM ET/1 PM PT.

- Tim H.

thguy65

#3 Post by thguy65 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:14 pm

Here is a rough rundown of the questions for the beta-trial today.
I didn't make note of all of the incorrect choices, so I am only giving the correct answers in the spoilers

About 160 persons started:

Q1:Harriet Tubman was a key figure in the "Underground" what?
Spoiler
Railroad
Q2: Which was a subtitle for one of the Star Wars movies:
Spoiler
The Last Jedi
Q3: The Seven Years War ended in which year?
Spoiler

I went out on Q3 as I tried Googling but did not get the answer fast enough. The 12 seconds starts as soon as the question pops up.
Q4: Which of these is not a Latin ballroom dance?
Spoiler
Limbo
Q5: What is the majority eye color in the world?
Spoiler
Brown
Q6: A synonym of the word "thesaurus" is also the same as which government department?
Spoiler
Treasury
Q7: Which character was the Prisoner of Azbakhan:
Spoiler
Sirius Black
Q8: Which military branch does not have its own service academy?
Spoiler
Marines
Q9: Which novel with an avian-themed title has a narrator with an avian last name:
Spoiler
To Kill a Mockingbird
Q10: How much does a current Forever stamp cost?
Spoiler
55 cents
Q11: Which of these is not a Marvel Universe fictional place?
Spoiler
Tomainia
Q12: What word appears in the name of 3 African countries?
Spoiler
Guinea
Q13: Which of these scientific units is not derived from a real person’s name?
Spoiler
Hectare
Q14: A fashion designer who popularized hot pants also is credited with creating which other garment?
Spoiler
miniskirt
Q15: The picture on the very first LIFE magazine cover showed what?
Spoiler
dam

8 people finished at this point and proceeded to the Battle Royale questions (no lifelines allowed even if you had some left)

Q16: Which of these countries leads intake of non-alcoholic beer?
Spoiler
Iran
Q17: Which of these tech companies was not founded by people originally from PayPal?
Spoiler
StubHub
Q18: George W. Bush's dog Ms Beazeley is the same breed as a dog owned by what other president?
Spoiler
FDR
Q19: Which of these people has the most Twitter followers:
Spoiler
@joelosteen
Q20: Woodstock festival had which facility:
Spoiler
freak-out tent
2 people finished at the end of Battle Royale: usernames Andrew and Matthew

When using the lifelines, there is no extension of the initial 12 seconds. For one question I hit the Double-Dip Lifeline, but didn't have enough time to enter my two choices.

Good luck to everyone on Wednesday!

- Tim H.

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:47 pm

Did you (or anyone else) have any trouble downloading the app? I requested it from Google Play a little after 4 PM, but it still hasn't downloaded to my phone before. I haven't seen a lag like this with any other app I've downloaded.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:36 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:47 pm
Did you (or anyone else) have any trouble downloading the app? I requested it from Google Play a little after 4 PM, but it still hasn't downloaded to my phone before. I haven't seen a lag like this with any other app I've downloaded.
I didn't have a problem with a slow download, but couldn't find it by searching Google Play. I had to follow links from Tim's post to get to it.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

goongas

#6 Post by goongas » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:24 pm

April 6th at 3PM EST is the next beta test.

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:16 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:36 pm
MarleysGh0st wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:47 pm
I didn't have a problem with a slow download, but couldn't find it by searching Google Play. I had to follow links from Tim's post to get to it.
I also had to follow Tim's link to find the game. But it still hasn't downloaded as of this morning. :(

goongas

#8 Post by goongas » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:45 am

I just logged in, it says there will be a beta test at 3PM EST today. I assume they mean Sunday...

There is something called Bluestacks which is an Android emulator, maybe you can use that to download and play the game?

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:16 pm

goongas wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:45 am
I just logged in, it says there will be a beta test at 3PM EST today. I assume they mean Sunday...

There is something called Bluestacks which is an Android emulator, maybe you can use that to download and play the game?
Mine says it's tomorrow.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

goongas

#10 Post by goongas » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:54 pm

Mine says it's tomorrow.
Sorry, the message reverted to Monday again.