Anybody Else Have Upcoming Overseas Trips Planned

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Anybody Else Have Upcoming Overseas Trips Planned

#1 Post by Spock » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:59 am

Purchased about a year ago-Northern Namibia via Johannesburg and Windhoek-Mid June to early July. As of right now, I am telling people we are operating under the assumption that the trip is still on.

Spoke to the (specialized) travel agency yesterday and with borders closing and flight cancellations they are focused on getting everybody home right now. No answers for June, I didn't expect any-but I wanted to touch base.

Worst case scenario right now is we eat the airline tickets-because I bought the hunt and room and board so cheap-that is basically all we are out right now.

It is approaching the time where I should send in the money for the Spocklette to the outfitter-but I am sure they will understand if we hold up a little while.

When we went BEFORE!!!! in 2013, the plane from Atlanta to Joburg was absolutely packed as it was high season.

If June starts to be AFTER!!!! I still can't see the airlines running a full schedule to Joburg-maybe every other day or something.

silverscreenselect

Re: Anybody Else Have Upcoming Overseas Trips Planned

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:29 am

Our granddaughter is graduating college this spring and our grandson is graduating high school. Our daughter had planned to take the family on a big European trip to celebrate, but that's pretty much gone by the boards. From what I understand, most of what they paid is refundable.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com