I got a campaign donation request in the mail today

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Pastor Fireball

I got a campaign donation request in the mail today

#1 Post by Pastor Fireball » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:40 pm

from Jon Ossoff. Word really does get around about my exploits in Georgia.

If Saint Ossoff wanted me to help fund his U.S. Senate race, he should have sent the request seven weeks ago... because six weeks ago, I received campaign information in the mail from Raphael Warnock, who is running in Georgia's other U.S. Senate race that was triggered by the sudden retirement of Johnny Isakson. I sent Warnock's campaign $100.

And after already sending $1,000 to my high school classmate Amy McGrath's U.S. Senate campaign against Moscow Mitch, my political war chest is tapped out for this cycle.

So Saint Ossoff gets nothing from me. And likes it.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

silverscreenselect

Re: I got a campaign donation request in the mail today

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:40 pm
I received campaign information in the mail from Raphael Warnock, who is running in Georgia's other U.S. Senate race that was triggered by the sudden retirement of Johnny Isakson. I sent Warnock's campaign $100.
The special Senate election is subject to jungle election rules, which might work against the Democrats unless they get their act together. Two name Republicans are running, the current appointed Senator Kelly Loefler and Congressman Doug Collins. So far three well-known Democrats are running: Warnock (who has gotten most of the endorsemsnts), Matt Lieberman (son of Joe), and Ed Tarver, a former US attorney. So far none of those three have officially filed, although two other minor Democrats, a Libertarian and an Independent (former Libertarian) have filed. If no one gets 50% of the vote in November (almost a certainty with this many in the field), there will be a runoff among the top two finishers in January, regardless of party. This could result in both Republicans advancing to the runoff if the Democrats split their half of the vote fairly evenly.

Ironically, the other Senate election could also go to a January runoff if no one gets 50% of the vote. There's usually a Libertarian in the race, so a runoff is possible if there's a very close finish.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com