Late to the dance as usual

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Late to the dance as usual

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:58 pm

But we've been watching Better Call Saul. It's hysterical.
Well, then

Bob Juch

Re: Late to the dance as usual

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:44 pm

The second season of "Altered Carbon" is out on Netflix.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:05 pm

Gotta check that, too.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:44 pm
The second season of "Altered Carbon" is out on Netflix.
That's good to know. I really liked the first season. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Ritterskoop

#5 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:43 pm

We just finished our first time through Gilmore Girls, and I am nearly ready to start right back in and do it again.

Emily is also a Gilmore girl. Yes, Lauren Graham makes the show, but Kelly Bishop is a close second.

She is also a fascinating industry leader on stage, having led the fight of the original Chorus Line actors to get a cut of the royalties because it was their stories being told. I love every time in GG when she says, "I'm not a dancer/singer, so forgive me ..." because she IS those things. She also has a great story about getting the part of Marjorie Houseman in Dirty Dancing - she had been cast as the slutty older lady dancer who throws herself at the studly young men dancers, and then the original Marjorie either got sick or was fired, and they asked her if she wanted it, and Jerry Orbach urged her to do it.

I think we are going to have to watch Bunheads next, for her, even though it's only a few episodes. Plus she gets to play a dancer!
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:05 am

Gilnore Girls. I gotta watch it.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:09 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:43 pm
We just finished our first time through Gilmore Girls, and I am nearly ready to start right back in and do it again.

Emily is also a Gilmore girl. Yes, Lauren Graham makes the show, but Kelly Bishop is a close second.

She is also a fascinating industry leader on stage, having led the fight of the original Chorus Line actors to get a cut of the royalties because it was their stories being told. I love every time in GG when she says, "I'm not a dancer/singer, so forgive me ..." because she IS those things. She also has a great story about getting the part of Marjorie Houseman in Dirty Dancing - she had been cast as the slutty older lady dancer who throws herself at the studly young men dancers, and then the original Marjorie either got sick or was fired, and they asked her if she wanted it, and Jerry Orbach urged her to do it.

I think we are going to have to watch Bunheads next, for her, even though it's only a few episodes. Plus she gets to play a dancer!
Omg. Been watching Gilmore Girls. It's fabulous!
I read Laura's book and enjoyed it.

Writer for GG wrote Maisel.
Well, then

wbtravis007

#8 Post by wbtravis007 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:16 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:09 pm
Ritterskoop wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:43 pm

Omg. Been watching Gilmore Girls. It's fabulous!
I read Laura's book and enjoyed it.

Writer for GG wrote Maisel.

I'm pretty sure that bix got a question about that show. I remember thinking that she kind of had a deer-in-the -headlights look like I would have, since I knew nothing about the show, but I'm pretty sure that she managed to get past that question. Anybody else remember that?

mellytu74

#9 Post by mellytu74 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:55 pm

1) we are having lots of fun with Better Call Saul. We are also late to the party on that.

2) I loved Gilmore GIrls.

Thanks, skoop, for the Kelly Bishop story. I always laugh at the line in Dirty Dancing when, as Jennifer Grey is dancing onstage at the end, she leans over to Jerry Orbach and says, "I think she gets it from me."