Coronavirus-Aggregation Thread-Non political

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Coronavirus-Aggregation Thread-Non political

#276 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:23 pm

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:46 am
Good news - we literally just got our funding for the SBA PPP loan about half an hour ago.

Everyone here is doing a happy dance.
Good. Because the program ran out of money today. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

SpacemanSpiff

#277 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:27 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:49 am
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Good news - we literally just got our funding for the SBA PPP loan about half an hour ago.

Just in time!
Actually, the bank told me last week when it was approved that once it had been approved (and had an SBA loan number), the funds were earmarked. It just was a matter of getting the proverbial ducks in a row before the cash was released. But I've been sweating because of the stories about the plan running out of appropriated funds.

Bob Juch

#278 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:45 pm

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:27 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:49 am
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

Just in time!
Actually, the bank told me last week when it was approved that once it had been approved (and had an SBA loan number), the funds were earmarked. It just was a matter of getting the proverbial ducks in a row before the cash was released. But I've been sweating because of the stories about the plan running out of appropriated funds.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paycheck-p ... -shut-out/

A key piece of the federal government's stimulus efforts to help small businesses and their employees has run out of money, shutting out thousands of potential borrowers who were seeking aid amidst the coronavirus-driven economic plunge.

The U.S. Small Business Administration said Thursday morning the Paycheck Protection Program wouldn't be accepting any more applications for the $349 billion program. The agency reported approving more than 1.6 million Paycheck Protection Program loan applications totaling more than $339 billion from over 4,900 lending institutions.

While that money has been approved, most borrowers are still waiting for those loans to be funded — and for money to even show up in their accounts.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#279 Post by Vandal » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:57 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Vandal
Director of Promos

#280 Post by Vandal » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:41 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

silverscreenselect

#281 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:13 pm

CBS soap operas The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful have run out of new episodes, so starting next week they will be featuring special "theme weeks" from previous episodes. Up first on The Young and the Restless will be a tribute to longtime matriarch Jeanne Cooper. These episodes will feature footage from as far back as 1990.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#282 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:18 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:13 pm
CBS soap operas The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful have run out of new episodes, so starting next week they will be featuring special "theme weeks" from previous episodes. Up first on The Young and the Restless will be a tribute to longtime matriarch Jeanne Cooper. These episodes will feature footage from as far back as 1990.
With some creative editing, they could do a mashup. How about "The Bold and the Restless"?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#283 Post by Vandal » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:32 pm

Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Vandal
Director of Promos

#284 Post by Vandal » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:45 pm

Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#285 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:01 am

Vandal wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:45 pm
I can still color my own roots, a process which takes no skills and which I consider to be a success if I keep the color off the sink, walls, floor, etc.

But I need a haircut! My next door neighbor is a retired stylist, but the family is being scrupulous about social distancing. I saw her giving her husband a cut on the back balcony. I wanted to yell, "Can I get in without an appointment? I'll pay double!"
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#286 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:11 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:01 am
Vandal wrote:
I can still color my own roots, a process which takes no skills and which I consider to be a success if I keep the color off the sink, walls, floor, etc.

But I need a haircut! My next door neighbor is a retired stylist, but the family is being scrupulous about social distancing. I saw her giving her husband a cut on the back balcony. I wanted to yell, "Can I get in without an appointment? I'll pay double!"
Ranger Jeff cut the back of my hair bluntcut!
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#287 Post by Vandal » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:04 pm

Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#288 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:32 pm

Vandal wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:04 pm
Yass!
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#289 Post by Vandal » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:43 am

Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

tlynn78

#290 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:02 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:11 pm
SportsFan68 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:01 am
Vandal wrote:

Ranger Jeff cut the back of my hair bluntcut!
I counted myself very lucky to get in at 7 pm on the last night available for haircut and getting my nails did. Hair is still good, but the nails need work.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Vandal
Director of Promos

#291 Post by Vandal » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:34 pm

Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Vandal
Director of Promos

#292 Post by Vandal » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:01 am

Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Bob Juch

#293 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:57 pm

UArizona president: Classes are expected to resume Aug. 24

In a press conference on Thursday, UArizona President Robert Robbins shared that the college's plans for the upcoming fall semester, which included making plans to resume in-person classes starting Aug. 24.

The best-laid plans...

silverscreenselect

#294 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 04, 2020 11:29 am

The NFL has canceled the five international games scheduled for this season (four in England, one in Mexico City). The games will instead be played at the stadiums of the designated home teams. The league plans to release the full season schedule, including preseason games, later this week. The NFL still plans to play a regular 16-game/17-week schedule beginning on Thursday, September 10, and ending with the Super Bowl on February 7, 2021. There will be more Saturday games this year, but exactly how many is unclear. One Saturday game will be available exclusively on Amazon Prime (except for local TV coverage in home cities of the two teams involved).

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#295 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue May 05, 2020 7:18 pm

Mon May 04, 2020 11:29 am
The NFL has canceled the five international games scheduled for this season (four in England, one in Mexico City). The games will instead be played at the stadiums of the designated home teams. The league plans to release the full season schedule, including preseason games, later this week. The NFL still plans to play a regular 16-game/17-week schedule beginning on Thursday, September 10, and ending with the Super Bowl on February 7, 2021. There will be more Saturday games this year, but exactly how many is unclear. One Saturday game will be available exclusively on Amazon Prime (except for local TV coverage in home cities of the two teams involved).
That's too bad. Both U.S. fans abroad and the locals seem to really like them.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

#296 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 06, 2020 2:24 pm

Airborne Coronavirus: Scientists In Italy Find Coronavirus On Air Pollution Particles

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/05/04/ai ... particles/

:shock: :shock: :shock:

silverscreenselect

#297 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 07, 2020 4:44 am

Major League Baseball is considering a proposal in which teams would begin play in late June following a realignment into three ten-team divisions with teams playing games only in their divisions. Here in Atlanta, the Braves would be in the "Central" Division along with all the midwestern teams. The other NL East division teams would be in the "Eastern" division, along with the AL East teams and Pittsburgh. Ironically, when MLB first adopted division play in 1969, the Braves were in the NL West while Chicago and St. Louis were in the NL East. And since teams played a staggered schedule with more games in their own division, the Braves had the lengthiest travel schedule of any team. Teams could possibly begin play at neutral sites in Florida, Texas, and Arizona and eventually play games in the home parks before reduced crowds. The article doesn't mention how the designated hitter rule would be applied under this format (it's now used for games in which an AL team is the home team).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... 039275001/

silverscreenselect

#298 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 07, 2020 7:36 am

The word is that the NFL season will begin with four weeks of NFC vs. AFC games (each team plays four interconference games per season which are usually scattered throughout the season). The reason for that would seem to be practical. If the NFL has to cancel games to postpone the start of the season, it would give up games that would have less of an effect on playoff standings than games played within the conference against teams in direct competition for playoff spots. If need be, the NFL could decide in August to switch to a 12-game, all intraconference schedule.

silverscreenselect

#299 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 07, 2020 6:12 pm

Thu May 07, 2020 7:36 am
The word is that the NFL season will begin with four weeks of NFC vs. AFC games (each team plays four interconference games per season which are usually scattered throughout the season). The reason for that would seem to be practical. If the NFL has to cancel games to postpone the start of the season, it would give up games that would have less of an effect on playoff standings than games played within the conference against teams in direct competition for playoff spots. If need be, the NFL could decide in August to switch to a 12-game, all intraconference schedule.
Well, my advance information was wrong on that one.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#300 Post by Vandal » Fri May 08, 2020 5:30 am

Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man