Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#376 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:50 pm

Does anyone want to guess how the right-wing press would have reacted if this crisis took place five years ago and Barack Obama suggested that people "liberate" Florida, Georgia, and Texas?

It's times like this I really miss having Flock here trying to defend Trump's various pronouncements.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23219
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#377 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:57 pm

I say we confiscate Mar-a-Largo and turn it into a cemetery for COVID-19 victims just as we did to Arlington, Robert E. Lee's plantation.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23219
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#378 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:16 am

Image
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#379 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:12 pm

Bill Marx PA Candidate for Congress-D wrote:I mean you have to admit it's hilarious that the people who have spent their entire lives stockpiling beans & ammo and publishing newsletters about preparing to shelter in place during a global crisis are the ones having meltdowns because they can't go to the cheesecake factory.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#380 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:08 am

Dr. Anthony Fauci 4/20/20 wrote:As soon as it became clear that there was community spread… then it became clear that we were in real trouble… That was probably towards the middle to end of January.
Dr. Fauci was not at last night's Donald Trump political rally, excuse me, pandemic briefing.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#381 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:07 am

According to this report, two deaths that occurred in Santa Clara, CA on February 6 and 17 have now been linked to the coronavirus, as autopsy tissue samples have tested positive. The earliest known fatality in the US occurred in Washington on February 29. Given the three-week period between incubation and death in many cases, this would indicate these people were infected sometime in January (the article indicates that these victims apparently had no Chinese contacts). It would also indicate that other deaths in February that were attributed to the flu or similar causes may have been due to the coronavirus. At that time, testing was severely limited to people who had traveled to China recently and displayed symptoms or had been in close contact with those people.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/autop ... spartandhp
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#382 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:22 pm

Donald Trump 4/22/20 wrote:I told the governor of Georgia Brian Kemp that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities, which are in violation of the phase one guidelines for the incredible people of Georgia But at the same time, he must do what he thinks is right. I want him to do what he thinks is right, but I disagree with him on what he's doing, but I want to let the governors do — now, if I see something totally egregious, totally out of line, I'll do [something]. But I think spas and beauty salons and tattoo parlors and barber shops in phase one, we're going to have phase two very soon. It's just too soon. I think it's too soon.
You have to be some especially dense sort of moron for Donald Trump to say you've gone too far, but our governor qualifies. Of course, this is Trump covering his butt so that he can take credit for influencing the states to open if everything goes well while hanging Kemp out to dry if something disastrous happens. And he can always point to this as "proof" of how much he cares for people.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19205
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#383 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:19 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:22 pm
Donald Trump 4/22/20 wrote:I told the governor of Georgia Brian Kemp that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities, which are in violation of the phase one guidelines for the incredible people of Georgia But at the same time, he must do what he thinks is right. I want him to do what he thinks is right, but I disagree with him on what he's doing, but I want to let the governors do — now, if I see something totally egregious, totally out of line, I'll do [something]. But I think spas and beauty salons and tattoo parlors and barber shops in phase one, we're going to have phase two very soon. It's just too soon. I think it's too soon.
You have to be some especially dense sort of moron for Donald Trump to say you've gone too far, but our governor qualifies. Of course, this is Trump covering his butt so that he can take credit for influencing the states to open if everything goes well while hanging Kemp out to dry if something disastrous happens. And he can always point to this as "proof" of how much he cares for people.
I'll give him credit for publicly saying that Governor Kemp is being remarkably stupid. It's too bad he couldn't resist positioning the statement like the politician he is, trying to have it both ways. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19205
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#384 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:40 pm

Here is a knowledgeable (and in my view persuasive) response to Donny's efforts to scapegoat WHO. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#385 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:22 pm

I wonder if Flock has made a reservation yet at his local tattoo parlor to get his Brian Kemp tattoo Friday.

On a slightly more serious note, a number of right wingers have already posted on various newspaper and TV station bulletin boards indicating that they intend to show their support for Kemp and local businesses by patronizing them this weekend as much as possible. I'm curious how much social distancing and use of masks and gloves will take place.

Georgia has announced that they are mobilizing the National Guard to help do testing at four sites around Atlanta, including two college football stadiums (Georgia State, the former Turner Field, and Kennesaw State). As I understand it, the problem isn't just getting the people to run the tests (it's not tough to stick a swab up someone's nos), but, rather, to process them. Most of the machines that can process them were designed for other types of testing with more limited workloads and take time and trained technicians to operate. (I've heard that some of them have a capacity of about 100 tests a day, and that's if the machine is in operation 24 hours a day).

There needs to be someone in overall charge of this entire testing process here in Georgia (and I'm sure in many other states), and I don't think we have anything resembling a handle on the problem yet.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#386 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:00 am

Donald Trump 4/5/20 wrote:We bought a tremendous amount of … hydroxychloroquine, which I think is, you know, it’s a great malaria drug. It’s worked unbelievably, it’s a powerful drug on malaria. And there are signs that it works on [coronavirus], some very strong signs. ,,, It’s a very strong, powerful medicine, but it doesn’t kill people. We have some very good results and some very good tests. You’ve seen the same test that I have. In France, they had a very good test. But we don’t have time to go and say, gee, let’s take a couple of years and test it out.... I’m not a doctor. But I have common sense. The FDA feels good about it. As you know, they’ve approved it, they gave it a rapid approval, and the reason [is] because it’s been out there for a long time, and they know the side effects and they also know the potential. ... What do you have to lose?
4/22/20: Coronavirus studies: Chloroquine is ineffective and dangerous

Listening to Donald Trump is ineffective and dangerous.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23219
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#387 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:56 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:22 pm
I wonder if Flock has made a reservation yet at his local tattoo parlor to get his Brian Kemp tattoo Friday.

On a slightly more serious note, a number of right wingers have already posted on various newspaper and TV station bulletin boards indicating that they intend to show their support for Kemp and local businesses by patronizing them this weekend as much as possible. I'm curious how much social distancing and use of masks and gloves will take place.
There will be a lot less Kemp supporters a month from now. :cry:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23219
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#388 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:59 am

Stocks slashed earlier gains on Thursday after a report said Gilead Science’s Remdesivir flopped in a Chinese trial aimed at treating coronavirus patients.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19205
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#389 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:25 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:19 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:22 pm
Donald Trump 4/22/20 wrote:I told the governor of Georgia Brian Kemp that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities, which are in violation of the phase one guidelines for the incredible people of Georgia But at the same time, he must do what he thinks is right. I want him to do what he thinks is right, but I disagree with him on what he's doing, but I want to let the governors do — now, if I see something totally egregious, totally out of line, I'll do [something]. But I think spas and beauty salons and tattoo parlors and barber shops in phase one, we're going to have phase two very soon. It's just too soon. I think it's too soon.
You have to be some especially dense sort of moron for Donald Trump to say you've gone too far, but our governor qualifies. Of course, this is Trump covering his butt so that he can take credit for influencing the states to open if everything goes well while hanging Kemp out to dry if something disastrous happens. And he can always point to this as "proof" of how much he cares for people.
I'll give him credit for publicly saying that Governor Kemp is being remarkably stupid. It's too bad he couldn't resist positioning the statement like the politician he is, trying to have it both ways. --Bob
It turns out, by the way, that Donny was for it before he was against it. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#390 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:32 pm

Mitch McConnell 4/22/20 wrote:I think this whole business of additional assistance for state and local governments needs to be thoroughly evaluated. There’s not going to be any desire on the Republican side to bail out state pensions by borrowing money from future generations.
Andrew Cuomo 4/23/20 wrote:Let’s talk about fairness, Mitch. NYS puts $116 billion more into the federal pot than we take out. Kentucky TAKES $148 billion more from the federal pot than they put in. But we don't deserve help now because the 15,000 people who died here were predominately Democrats?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#391 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:03 am

One thing that rarely gets mentioned, especially by the "hurry back to work" Trump enablers, is the possible long-term health effects on those who survive coronavirus and recover initially. It stands to reason that someone who is on a ventilator for days and has permanent scarring of the lungs may experience more health issues down the line, but I wonder about even those with "mild" cases. The worst part of this is that, of course, we don't have long-term data for the simple reason that there are no survivors who are more than three or four months post-disease, and those early survivors are mostly in China, where accurate information may be hard to get. But none of these reports are very reassuring:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04 ... virus.html
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#392 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:03 am

Just when I think I've heard everything from Dr. Trump:
Donald Trump 4/23/20 wrote:So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful.
Not everyone believes in Trump's suggestion:
Reckitt Beckiser (Manufacturer of Lysol) 4/24/20 wrote:As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route). As with all products, our disinfectant and hygiene products should only be used as intended and in line with usage guidelines.
George Conway 4/24/20 wrote:Give me Biden, or give me bleach!
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23219
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#393 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:17 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:03 am
Just when I think I've heard everything from Dr. Trump:
Donald Trump 4/23/20 wrote:So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful.
Not everyone believes in Trump's suggestion:
Reckitt Beckiser (Manufacturer of Lysol) 4/24/20 wrote:As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route). As with all products, our disinfectant and hygiene products should only be used as intended and in line with usage guidelines.
George Conway 4/24/20 wrote:Give me Biden, or give me bleach!
Everyone knows Windex works best.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 5197
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#394 Post by jarnon » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:26 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:03 am
Just when I think I've heard everything from Dr. Trump:
Donald Trump 4/23/20 wrote:So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful.
Not everyone believes in Trump's suggestion:
Reckitt Beckiser (Manufacturer of Lysol) 4/24/20 wrote:As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route). As with all products, our disinfectant and hygiene products should only be used as intended and in line with usage guidelines.
George Conway 4/24/20 wrote:Give me Biden, or give me bleach!
I hope nobody mindlessly listens to Trump and swallows Lysol. OTOH, Governor Kemp has the opportunity to get back on Trump's good side by making tanning salons an essential business.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19205
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#395 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 pm

jarnon wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:26 pm
hope nobody mindlessly listens to Trump and swallows Lysol. OTOH, Governor Kemp has the opportunity to get back on Trump's good side by making tanning salons an essential business.
The Onion must hate it when one if its articles published a month ago turns out to be prophecy rather than satire. It's gotta be terrible for the brand. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#396 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:25 pm

Trump's explanation for his disinfectant statement:
Donald Trump 4/24/20 wrote:I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen.
Even if one were to accept Trump at his word here, the question arises, why is the President of the United States during a briefing in which he's supposed to be giving the public an update on the worst public health crisis of the last century asking sarcastic questions to reporters?

Please, please, please, please, please come back Flock. I'll even pay for your next tattoo.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19205
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#397 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:45 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:25 pm
Trump's explanation for his disinfectant statement:
Donald Trump 4/24/20 wrote:I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen.
Even if one were to accept Trump at his word here . . . .
Never trust words from the mouth of a proven liar. Here's the video. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#398 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Trump's briefing today was the shortest on record at only 22 minutes. He left immediately after Mike Pence's comments without taking any questions. Supposedly, his aides have been trying to shut him up, especially after yesterday's disinfectant debacle. Trump probably thinks he's getting a huge boost in his re-election effort with all this free airtime while Joe Biden sits at home and occasionally has a five-minute interview on The View. But every time Trump goes off the rails, he makes Biden look better in comparison.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#399 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:14 am


The Lincoln Project is a group of anti-Trump Republicans, including George Conway and Rick Wilson.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17776
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#400 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:25 pm

From Donald Trump's most trusted advisor:
Rudy Giuliani 4/23/20 wrote:[Extensive contact tracing] That's totally ridiculous... Then we should trace everybody for cancer. We should trace everybody for cancer, and heart disease. And obesity. I mean, a lot of things kill you more than Covid-19. So, we should be traced for all those things. I mean life possesses a certain degree of risk.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Post Reply