Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17522
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#201 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:16 am

Here's what Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former Commissioner of the FDA under Donald Trump had to say:
There’s a strong and understandable desire to return to better times and a functioning economy. But it should not be lost on anyone that there's no such thing as a functioning economy and society so long as covid-19 continues to spread uncontrolled in our biggest cities. So long as covid-19 spreads uncontrolled, older people will die in historic numbers, middle aged folks doomed to prolonged ICU stays to fight for their lives, hospitals will be overwhelmed, and most Americans terrified to leave homes, eat out, take the subway, or go to the park.
But what does he know. He's not one of the brilliant minds on Fox News. And, by the way, the assumptions about mortality rates from covid-19 are based on the presumption that people in need of medical treatment will get it. When the hospitals get overwhelmed, a lot more people are going to die who could have been saved with adequate medical care.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5577
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#202 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:00 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:54 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:41 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:20 am


Next week, there will lots of jobs when they start hiring at the Soylent Green factory.
What if it comes to that choice?
Me, I think I'd rather take my chances rather than sentence future generations to a life of misery. That's just my thoughts on that subject.
What about your family's chances? What about the chances of everyone who is going to be affected by the collapse of the health care system when there aren't enough medical personnel, supplies, and hospitals to treat all kinds of diseases, not just the coronavirus?

But keep listening to Fox News. They obviously know more than our scientific community.
What the fuck does fox news have to do with it?
Nevermind. It's pointless to ask you anything.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17522
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#203 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:55 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:00 am
What the fuck does fox news have to do with it?
Because that's where Trump is getting his advice.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5577
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#204 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:46 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:55 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:00 am
What the fuck does fox news have to do with it?
Because that's where Trump is getting his advice.
Yeah, right. I give up. You have one topic. You cannot discuss anything without that one premise. That's all your mind can seem to handle.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17522
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#205 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:25 pm

Donald Trump takes great pride in the U.S. being number one, so here's one statistic I'm sure that he and Flock will be thrilled to hear:
As coronavirus cases continue to rise in the United States, the nation has "potential" to become the next epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic, Margaret Harris, a spokesperson for the World Health Organization, said during a call with reporters on Tuesday. Harris was asked directly: "Do you see the United States going on to become the epicenter of this outbreak, overtaking Europe?"

In response Harris said, "We are now seeing a very large acceleration in the numbers of cases from the United States — so it does have that potential. We cannot say that that is the case yet, but it does have that potential."
They may rename it the American Virus pretty soon.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/cor ... 5dc77cbe90
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
PanicinDetroit
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:47 pm
Location: Detroit area

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#206 Post by PanicinDetroit » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:29 pm

I doubt that anyone is glad to hear that statistic.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5577
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#207 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:59 pm

PanicinDetroit wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:29 pm
I doubt that anyone is glad to hear that statistic.
Oh, I'm sure SSS is hoping for it.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17522
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#208 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:08 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:59 pm
PanicinDetroit wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:29 pm
I doubt that anyone is glad to hear that statistic.
Oh, I'm sure SSS is hoping for it.
Flock, you may not be hoping for it, but you appear to be completely indifferent whether it happens or not if it gets in the way of Donald Trump's go back to work directive.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10915
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#209 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:16 pm

Do you not have anything to do right now? All of ya? Go wash your hands. Watch Netflix. Clean your toilets. Jeez
Oh please.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17522
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#210 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:39 pm

Flock's dilemma:

Image
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5577
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#211 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:24 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:39 pm
Flock's dilemma:

Image
Congratulations. Your first post this year in which you didn't mention trump.
Now, perhaps, you can envision one that doesn't mention my strawman.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23000
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#212 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:33 pm

Bill Gates says we can’t restart the economy soon and simply “ignore that pile of bodies over in the corner”

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/3/24/21 ... n-business
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5577
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#213 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:21 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:33 pm
Bill Gates says we can’t restart the economy soon and simply “ignore that pile of bodies over in the corner”

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/3/24/21 ... n-business
I guess bill must've missed the part where the determination would be made based on locality and consultation with the medical experts.
I'm sure bill can do just fine whether our economy and our country are in shambles or not.
There's not going to be a pile of bodies in the corner.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17522
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#214 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:06 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:21 pm
There's not going to be a pile of bodies in the corner.
No, they may be in ice skating rinks if the morgues run out of capacity
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17522
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#215 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:15 pm

Donald Trump wrote:Wouldn't it be great to have all of the churches full [for Easter]? You know the churches aren't allowed, essentially, to have much of a congregation there. You'll have packed churches all over our country. I think it would be a beautiful time.
If any churches are full for Easter, the congregants had better do a whole lot of praying, because they will need it if anyone in the crowd has the virus. And those students at Liberty University better do some praying too since Jerry Falwell Jr. reopened the college today.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19086
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#216 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:09 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:21 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:33 pm
Bill Gates says we can’t restart the economy soon and simply “ignore that pile of bodies over in the corner”

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/3/24/21 ... n-business
I guess bill must've missed the part where the determination would be made based on locality and consultation with the medical experts.
I'm sure bill can do just fine whether our economy and our country are in shambles or not.
There's not going to be a pile of bodies in the corner.
You can't do it by locality if people can travel more or less freely between localities. That's what Italy tried when it shut the northern half of the country. It didn't work, because people headed for the southern half of the country.

And Donny hasn't done a goddamned thing to inspire any confidence that he cares about, or even knows about or understands, what the medical experts say. Hell, pretty much every word he says on the topic makes it clear that he either doesn't know or doesn't care. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19086
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#217 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:21 pm

But wait! There's more! Although Donny declared California, New York, and Washington disaster areas, he still hasn't freed up disaster unemployment insurance. You know damned well that the dollars would already be flowing if Texas needed them. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19086
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#218 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:58 pm

This sums it up pretty well. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5577
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#219 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:22 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:58 pm
This sums it up pretty well. --Bob
Fixed it for ya.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19086
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#220 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:25 am

Here's more. The federal government did in fact have, quite literally, a pandemic playbook. Donny ignored it. According to the playbook, the federal government should have been moving on personal protective equipment two months ago.

The results of Donny's utter incompetence are going to make George Bush's handling of Hurricane Katrina look downright competent. And the deaths that will likely result, particularly as governors throughout the south refuse to impose strict social distancing, will dwarf Hurricane Katrina by orders of magnitude.

Governor Newsom should seriously consider requiring anyone who comes here from a state that's not social distancing to remain in quarantine for 14 days. If the federal government won't protect us and other states won't act to prevent the pandemic from spreading among their citizens, at least he can protect us from re-importing more infections from other states. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5577
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#221 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:20 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:25 am
Here's more. The federal government did in fact have, quite literally, a pandemic playbook. Donny ignored it. According to the playbook, the federal government should have been moving on personal protective equipment two months ago.

The results of Donny's utter incompetence are going to make George Bush's handling of Hurricane Katrina look downright competent. And the deaths that will likely result, particularly as governors throughout the south refuse to impose strict social distancing, will dwarf Hurricane Katrina by orders of magnitude.

Governor Newsom should seriously consider requiring anyone who comes here from a state that's not social distancing to remain in quarantine for 14 days. If the federal government won't protect us and other states won't act to prevent the pandemic from spreading among their citizens, at least he can protect us from re-importing more infections from other states. --Bob
If only we could have at least one union representative on every company's board, the virus would just go away. That was item one in the playbook.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23000
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#222 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:42 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:20 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:25 am
Here's more. The federal government did in fact have, quite literally, a pandemic playbook. Donny ignored it. According to the playbook, the federal government should have been moving on personal protective equipment two months ago.

The results of Donny's utter incompetence are going to make George Bush's handling of Hurricane Katrina look downright competent. And the deaths that will likely result, particularly as governors throughout the south refuse to impose strict social distancing, will dwarf Hurricane Katrina by orders of magnitude.

Governor Newsom should seriously consider requiring anyone who comes here from a state that's not social distancing to remain in quarantine for 14 days. If the federal government won't protect us and other states won't act to prevent the pandemic from spreading among their citizens, at least he can protect us from re-importing more infections from other states. --Bob
If only we could have at least one union representative on every company's board, the virus would just go away. That was item one in the playbook.
You are out of your tiny mind! Who fed you that crap?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23000
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#223 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:44 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:25 am
Here's more. The federal government did in fact have, quite literally, a pandemic playbook. Donny ignored it. According to the playbook, the federal government should have been moving on personal protective equipment two months ago.

The results of Donny's utter incompetence are going to make George Bush's handling of Hurricane Katrina look downright competent. And the deaths that will likely result, particularly as governors throughout the south refuse to impose strict social distancing, will dwarf Hurricane Katrina by orders of magnitude.

Governor Newsom should seriously consider requiring anyone who comes here from a state that's not social distancing to remain in quarantine for 14 days. If the federal government won't protect us and other states won't act to prevent the pandemic from spreading among their citizens, at least he can protect us from re-importing more infections from other states. --Bob
I think it's ironic that Florida is imposing a 14-day quarantine for arrivals from the New York City area when they aren't practicing social distancing statewide.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5577
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#224 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:42 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:20 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:25 am
Here's more. The federal government did in fact have, quite literally, a pandemic playbook. Donny ignored it. According to the playbook, the federal government should have been moving on personal protective equipment two months ago.

The results of Donny's utter incompetence are going to make George Bush's handling of Hurricane Katrina look downright competent. And the deaths that will likely result, particularly as governors throughout the south refuse to impose strict social distancing, will dwarf Hurricane Katrina by orders of magnitude.

Governor Newsom should seriously consider requiring anyone who comes here from a state that's not social distancing to remain in quarantine for 14 days. If the federal government won't protect us and other states won't act to prevent the pandemic from spreading among their citizens, at least he can protect us from re-importing more infections from other states. --Bob
If only we could have at least one union representative on every company's board, the virus would just go away. That was item one in the playbook.
You are out of your tiny mind! Who fed you that crap?
Just one of the many things that nancy wanted to add to the corona bill.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whats- ... p-and-more
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5577
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#225 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:44 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:25 am
Here's more. The federal government did in fact have, quite literally, a pandemic playbook. Donny ignored it. According to the playbook, the federal government should have been moving on personal protective equipment two months ago.

The results of Donny's utter incompetence are going to make George Bush's handling of Hurricane Katrina look downright competent. And the deaths that will likely result, particularly as governors throughout the south refuse to impose strict social distancing, will dwarf Hurricane Katrina by orders of magnitude.

Governor Newsom should seriously consider requiring anyone who comes here from a state that's not social distancing to remain in quarantine for 14 days. If the federal government won't protect us and other states won't act to prevent the pandemic from spreading among their citizens, at least he can protect us from re-importing more infections from other states. --Bob
I think it's ironic that Florida is imposing a 14-day quarantine for arrivals from the New York City area when they aren't practicing social distancing statewide.
Why do you think they're not practicing social distancing? Because there's no law? They can't do it without a law? Are you doing it? Only because there's a law?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar

Post Reply