Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#276 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:04 am

Florida Follows Others in Allowing Church Amid Stay-Home Order

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... home-order
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#277 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:50 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#278 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:11 pm

Typical ignorance from a Georgia Republican:
Gov. Brian Kemp 4/1/20 wrote:Individuals could have been infecting people before they ever felt bad, but we didn’t know that until the last 24 hours
Rare honesty from a Georgia Republican:
House Speaker Dennis Ralston 4/1/20 wrote:The president said it best ― [absentee voting for all] will be extremely devastating to Republicans and conservatives in Georgia. Every registered voter is going to get one of these. Now I ask you ... what was turnout in the primary back in 2018 or 2016. Was it 100%? No. No. It’s way, way, way lower. This will certainly drive up turnout.
Georgia is sending out application forms for absentee ballots for the May primary to all registered voters (we got ours today). Anyone returning the form gets an absentee ballot which they can send in any time before election day.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#279 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:45 am

Brett Crozier, Captain of the USS Teddy Roosevelt
Cheered by his own men for raising concerns about coronavirus on ship and trying to save lives
Fired by the Navy, ignored by Donald Trump

Eddie Gallagher, Navy SEAL
Turned in by his own men for committing war crimes and convicted
Pardoned by Donald Trump and hailed by him as a hero

Actions of a true wartime President

silverscreenselect

#280 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:07 am

Jared Kushner 4/2/20 wrote:What a lot of the voters are seeing now is that when you elect somebody … you’re trying to think about who will be a competent manager during the time of crisis

Bob Juch

#281 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:11 am

Jared Kushner Ripped For Saying 'Our Stockpile' Isn't Meant For States To Use

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/jared-ku ... 08992.html

Jared Kushner, White House adviser and son-in-law to President Donald Trump, declared on Thursday that the stockpiles of much-needed supplies governors were requesting to help with the coronavirus pandemic weren’t actually meant for the states.

“The notion of the federal stockpile was it’s supposed to be our stockpile,” Kushner said. “It’s not supposed to be states’ stockpiles that they then use.”

At another point in the briefing, Kushner patted himself and the administration on the back, claiming, “We’ve done things that the federal government has never done before, quicker than they’ve ever done it before.”

Kushner also insisted that they had found supplies and distributed them “where we anticipate there will be needs.”

But his explanation about the federal stockpile and its purpose didn’t sit right with many ― and was at odds with the statement on the Strategic National Stockpile website:

When state, local, tribal, and territorial responders request federal assistance to support their response efforts, the stockpile ensures that the right medicines and supplies get to those who need them most during an emergency.

The website also noted that the stockpile could “resupply state and local public health agencies in a catastrophic health event.”

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#282 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:24 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:11 am
Jared Kushner Ripped For Saying 'Our Stockpile' Isn't Meant For States To Use

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/jared-ku ... 08992.html

When state, local, tribal, and territorial responders request federal assistance to support their response efforts, the stockpile ensures that the right medicines and supplies get to those who need them most during an emergency.

The website also noted that the stockpile could “resupply state and local public health agencies in a catastrophic health event.”
And just like that, the Web site has changed its language to disavow any role other than as a
"stopgap buffer."

Let's be clear about this. This is Donny's Administration telling us all: You're on your own. Or in more historical terms: Donny to New York: Drop Dead. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#283 Post by jarnon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:43 am

Israel's Minister of Health has coronavirus.

The ultra-Orthodox parties are in Bibi's coalition, so he had to give them some Cabinet posts. Health seemed non-controversial at the time.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#284 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:49 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:24 am
Let's be clear about this. This is Donny's Administration telling us all: You're on your own. Or in more historical terms: Donny to New York: Drop Dead. --Bob
Trump knows he's lost New York. But if he can save some equipment to send to Alabama or Mississippi, or better yet (for him), a swing state like Wisconsin, he can tout it as "proof" of how well he's handling the crisis.

jarnon

#285 Post by jarnon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:09 pm

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#286 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:10 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:49 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:24 am
Trump knows he's lost New York. But if he can save some equipment to send to Alabama or Mississippi, or better yet (for him), a swing state like Wisconsin, he can tout it as "proof" of how well he's handling the crisis.
He'd better figure out a better way of deflecting blame if he does.

Florida is getting everything they ask for.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#287 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Why didn't Donny halt exports of key medical equipment such as PPE and ventilators. Instead, he permitted nearly $60 million of these things to be sold to China. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#288 Post by jarnon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:35 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:23 pm
Why didn't Donny halt exports of key medical equipment such as PPE and ventilators. Instead, he permitted nearly $60 million of these things to be sold to China. --Bob
See what I said about that two days ago.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#289 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:02 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:23 pm
It's worse. On Monday he said he was going to send ventilators, PPE, and other items to France, Spain, and Italy.

Bob Juch

#290 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:28 pm

Dec 18th - House Impeaches Trump
Jan 8th - First CDC warning
Jan 9th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 14th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 16h - House sends impeachment articles to Senate
Jan 18th - Trump golfs
Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Jan 20th - first case of corona virus in the US, Washington State.
Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan 28th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 30th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 2nd - “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
Feb 5th - Senate votes to acquit. Then takes a five-day weekend.
Feb 10th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 12th - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42
Feb 15h - Trump golfs
Feb 19th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 20th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 21st - Trump campaign rally
Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Feb 25h - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Feb 25h - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
Feb 28th - “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
Feb 28th - Trump campaign rally
March 2nd - “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
March 2nd - “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5th - “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
March 5th - “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
March 6th - “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6th - “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
March 6th - “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 6th - “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
March 7th - Trump golfs
March 8th - Trump golfs
March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
March 9th - “This blindsided the world.”
March 13th - [Declared state of emergency]
March 17th - “This is a pandemic,” Mr. Trump told reporters. “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
March 18th - "It’s not racist at all. No. Not at all. It comes from China. That’s why. It comes from China. I want to be accurate."
March 23th- Dow Jones closes at 18,591.93
March 25th - 3.3 million Americans file for unemployment.
March 30th - Dow Jones closes at 21,917.16
April 2nd - 6.6 million Americans file for unemployment.

silverscreenselect

#291 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:37 am

Bob, you forgot to include all the times that Spock tried to warn people about how serious the coronavirus was.

Oh, wait, I guess you did include them.

silverscreenselect

#292 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:37 am

silverscreenselect

#293 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:56 pm

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#294 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:13 pm

But wait! There's more! Donny's Administration ended a project, which was working, to develop an N95 mask that could be manufactured at high volume -- 1.5 million masks per day. HHS couldn't find the money within its budget (more than $1.5 billion for the division tasked with this project) to fund production of a prototype assembly line (a few million). Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the project was an initiative of the Obama Administration. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#295 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:38 pm

Donald Trump 4/4/20 wrote:Maybe we could allow special, for churches, maybe we could talk about it. Maybe we could allow them, with great separation outside, on Easter Sunday. I dunno, it’s something we should talk about. And I brought it up before, I said, maybe we could allow special — for churches, maybe we could talk about it.
He clearly still doesn't understand how this virus works. This isn't like World War I, where you could declare a truce at Christmas. Viruses don't respect religious holidays. They only seek to multiply and survive, and the more people that are within range, the greater their chances of doing so. There's no special dispensation for Easter that prevents the virus from spreading.

I already have a bad feeling that a lot of people are not going to heed the stay-in-place orders and will attend formal or informal church services this weekend and family Easter dinners. And it's not just the people already living under one roof. It will be friends and relatives who will then drive home and infect others. (And Passover is also this week, so the same thing will happen there as well.) Every time that Trump engages in nonsense like this, he encourages people to flout safe practice guidelines, and we only learn the price two or three weeks later.

I hope that Fauci and Brix and the real experts are able to shut him up about this but it's hard when he's in fine form. He also went on about the firing of his inspector general and the "fake" impeachment at some length as well today. Nero fiddled; Trump tweets.

Bob Juch

#296 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:17 pm

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#297 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:58 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:15 pm
Dude. Who the fuck is going to read this.
I did.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

silverscreenselect

#298 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:05 am

Karen Kolb Sehlke 3/14/20 wrote:The impeachment hoax failed and immediately Pelosi vowed to exhaust efforts in overthrowing Trump... If you think for one second this "pandemic" is not media driven and controlled by the radical people in powerful places, well go back to sleep under the rock you crawled out from. This thing has killed less people in the same time frame then cigarettes, cancer, drunk driving, domestic violence, car crashes, cross stitching accidents (j/k on the last one but probably close), stabbings, overdoses, and please don't get me started on abortion.

Wake up!!! This is what the beginning of socialism look like! They are controlling what you buy bc it's what you think you need, where you go bc it's where they tell you not to go, and where to live bc you now fear the very existence of anything outside your home and control. They are leading with fear. Causing you to panic like sheep. They are crashing the stock market to run on a failing economy because it's all they have left.

You don't need hand sanitizer, toilet paper. and Lysol. You need common sense, a sense of direction, faith, a will to fight, and of course guns! Now wash your hands and live the life they don't want you to have!
Karen Kolb Sehlke died of complications from COVID-19 on April 2. I'd be willing to bet that she made a point not to practice social distancing and other safety measures until it was too late. Her Facebook post I quoted from above has been taken down, but, of course, lives on in screenshots. This is what Trump has wrought.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressi ... rom-virus/

Bob Juch

#299 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:17 pm

Asymptomatic coronavirus cases rise in China

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... e-in-china

Seventy-eight new asymptomatic coronavirus cases had been identified by the end of day Sunday in China, the National Health Commission reported on Monday.

The new asymptomatic cases are up from 47 new asymptomatic cases reported on the mainland the day before.

The National Health Commission said Monday that a total of 1,047 asymptomatic cases in the country were still under medical observation.

Asymptomatic patients, who don’t present symptoms for the virus but can still carry and transmit it to others, have become a focus for China after the country’s containment measures appeared to cut the overall infection rate, Reuters reports.

China only began reporting the number of asymptomatic cases last week.

The surge in such cases poses a risk as Wuhan, the capital of the Hubei province and the city where the virus originated, prepared to let people leave the city this week after having been placed in lockdown in late January, Reuters reports.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#300 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:16 am

Crap, Donny. If you can't lead, at least have the decency to stay the fuck out of the way. Which means, among other things, that if you tell the states they're on their own for acquiring supplies, stop commandeering the supplies states have ordered before they reach their destination. --Bob