Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#476 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 14, 2020 2:45 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:41 pm
Do you really think Trump wants death? What the fuck is wrong with you? So those who have screwed up in the whole process are deathmongers? Stop it.
I don't think Trump wants death. I just don't think he cares, as long as he can spin it as a great victory. I've read about how great leaders like Lincoln and Churchill agonized over the people whose death resulted in wars. Trump spends all his time sending out tweets about his supposed enemies.

And the vast majority of the rest of the elected Republicans have decided to go along with him.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#477 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:50 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:35 pm
Donald Trump 4/24/20 wrote:Now, we're going toward 50, I'm hearing, or 60,000 people. One is too many. I always say it: One is too many. But we're going toward 50- or 60,000 people.
Donald Trump 5/3/20 wrote:We’re going to lose anywhere from 75-, 80- to 100,000 people... That's one of the reasons we're successful, if you call losing 80 or 90,000 people successful.
Donald Trump 5/14/20 wrote:We’re going to lose over 100,000 perhaps in this country
We have now gone over 85,000 deaths. We will hit 100,000 by the end of this month. And like clockwork, every week or two, Trump revises his prediction upward and still congratulates himself on the great job he's done. (I'm not even going to mention his claims about how the 15 cases would all go away.)
Considering the size of our population...
Do you really think Trump wants death? What the fuck is wrong with you? So those who have screwed up in the whole process are deathmongers? Stop it.
We're doing worse on a per capita basis than almost the entire rest of the world.

I don't think Donny wants the deaths. I just think he's concluded that the steps necessary to prevent them would tank his re-election, and that's more important to him. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#478 Post by Beebs52 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:19 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:50 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:35 pm

We have now gone over 85,000 deaths. We will hit 100,000 by the end of this month. And like clockwork, every week or two, Trump revises his prediction upward and still congratulates himself on the great job he's done. (I'm not even going to mention his claims about how the 15 cases would all go away.)
Considering the size of our population...
We're doing worse on a per capita basis than almost the entire rest of the world.

I don't think Donny wants the deaths. I just think he's concluded that the steps necessary to prevent them would tank his re-election, and that's more important to him. --Bob
I suwanee, to quote wb.
Oh please.

silverscreenselect

#479 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 15, 2020 12:58 pm

Some things never change:
Donald Trump 2/28/20 wrote:It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.
Donald Trump 5/15/20 wrote:We think we are going to have a vaccine in the pretty near future, and if we do, we are going to really be a big step ahead and if we don't, we are going to be like so many other cases where you had a problem come in, it'll go away at some point, it'll go away

silverscreenselect

#480 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 15, 2020 1:10 pm

So today Trump made his big announcement about Operation Warp Speed. Why wasn't this done on February 15, or March 15, or even April 15 instead of May 15? The only thing Trump has done is to fire Rick Bright, who was in charge of developing a vaccine, with no replacement in sight.

Bob Juch

#481 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 15, 2020 2:13 pm

Fri May 15, 2020 12:58 pm
Some things never change:
Donald Trump 2/28/20 wrote:It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.
Donald Trump 5/15/20 wrote:We think we are going to have a vaccine in the pretty near future, and if we do, we are going to really be a big step ahead and if we don't, we are going to be like so many other cases where you had a problem come in, it'll go away at some point, it'll go away
Yeah, just like the Spanish Flu which went away after killing 50,000,000.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#482 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 15, 2020 3:04 pm

Republican Rep. Ted Yoho of Florida was spotted Friday walking around the Capitol and on the House floor without wearing a mask. Asked why not, he told CNN: "There's just no need." Told that the Capitol physician suggests wearing a mask when social distancing is not possible, Yoho cited no need because of "herd immunity." CNN noted to Yoho that medical experts haven't determined that herd immunity applies to the novel coronavirus. Yoho responded: "Viruses do what viruses do." Asked if he thinks he's protected by herd immunity, Yoho said: "I think the only way you're going to get it is to get exposed."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/15/politics ... index.html

Bob Juch

#483 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Fri May 15, 2020 3:04 pm
Republican Rep. Ted Yoho of Florida was spotted Friday walking around the Capitol and on the House floor without wearing a mask. Asked why not, he told CNN: "There's just no need." Told that the Capitol physician suggests wearing a mask when social distancing is not possible, Yoho cited no need because of "herd immunity." CNN noted to Yoho that medical experts haven't determined that herd immunity applies to the novel coronavirus. Yoho responded: "Viruses do what viruses do." Asked if he thinks he's protected by herd immunity, Yoho said: "I think the only way you're going to get it is to get exposed."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/15/politics ... index.html
What a yo-yo.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#484 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 18, 2020 9:28 pm

Trump says he is taking hydroxychloroquine to prevent covid-19, dismisses safety concerns

You know what happened the last time someone tempted fate the way Trump is doing:
Spoiler

silverscreenselect

#485 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 20, 2020 11:50 am

When asked by a reporter why he was taking hydroxychloroquine:
Donald Trump 5/19/20 wrote:I worked with doctors. If you look at the one survey [of patients at VA hospitals posted by the FDA], the only bad survey, they were giving it to people that were in very bad shape, they were very old, almost dead. It was a Trump enemy statement.

silverscreenselect

#486 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 21, 2020 8:37 am

Mike Pence and FL Governor Ron DeSantis at an upscale burger restaurant in Florida yesterday:

Not a mask in sight. No social distancing in sight either. I wonder if any of the employees had been prescreened for the virus before Pence and DeSantis showed up. Over 1200 new coronavirus cases were reported in Florida today.

And they criticized Obama for asking for Dijon mustard when he went out for a burger.

silverscreenselect

#487 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun May 24, 2020 9:10 am

Donald Trump 10/13/2014 wrote:Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf. Worse than Carter
5/22/20:

Trump golfs at his Virginia club amid the coronavirus pandemic