The Kominsky Method review

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10823
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

The Kominsky Method review

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:57 pm

On Netflix. I suppose you need to be a certain demographic, but I think it's absolutely brilliant.
Oh please.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22850
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: The Kominsky Method review

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:57 pm
On Netflix. I suppose you need to be a certain demographic, but I think it's absolutely brilliant.
A certain demographic meaning old farts like us?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10823
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: The Kominsky Method review

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:23 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:12 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:57 pm
On Netflix. I suppose you need to be a certain demographic, but I think it's absolutely brilliant.
A certain demographic meaning old farts like us?
Sorta yes! I mean I cried and laughed.
Oh please.

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 6868
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: The Kominsky Method review

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:57 pm
On Netflix. I suppose you need to be a certain demographic, but I think it's absolutely brilliant.
Ooh, with that cast, I must check this out - maybe this weekend...
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10823
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: The Kominsky Method review

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:21 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:49 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:57 pm
On Netflix. I suppose you need to be a certain demographic, but I think it's absolutely brilliant.
Ooh, with that cast, I must check this out - maybe this weekend...
It's a tearjerker at times. The funersl is a hoot.
Oh please.

User avatar
Vandal
Director of Promos
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Literary Circles
Contact:

Re: The Kominsky Method review

#6 Post by Vandal » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:19 am

My wife and I have watched this from the beginning and we love it. The casting is perfect! The first time Paul Reiser appeared we both said, "Is that who I think it is?" since his character is bald, fat and old(er).

Plus, Alan Arkin is a treasure.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Coming in 2020: The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark

Working on:
Scout's Honor (follow on to The Secret at Haney Field)

Recently finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10823
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: The Kominsky Method review

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:36 pm

Vandal wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:19 am
My wife and I have watched this from the beginning and we love it. The casting is perfect! The first time Paul Reiser appeared we both said, "Is that who I think it is?" since his character is bald, fat and old(er).

Plus, Alan Arkin is a treasure.
I had to google him cause I thought ?, is it? Just saw him in Stranger Things and, what?
Arkin is incredible. All of them are.
Oh please.

Post Reply