We are not the champions.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

We are not the champions.

#1 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:19 pm

Last year, my team prevailed in the annual charity spelling bee, but alas, best we could do this year was third.

We had problems with quodlibet, nescience, and celtuce. We just didn't get lucky like we did last year.

I was proud of abscission. It wasn't our word, and the team that drew it missed it, and I bet I was the only person in the room who could spell it without a dictionary.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

earendel

Re: We are not the champions.

#2 Post by earendel » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:51 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:19 pm
I was proud of abscission. It wasn't our word, and the team that drew it missed it, and I bet I was the only person in the room who could spell it without a dictionary.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#3 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:11 am

I guess you must have spelled "squorrel" wrong again....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:55 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:19 pm
Last year, my team prevailed in the annual charity spelling bee, but alas, best we could do this year was third.

We had problems with quodlibet, nescience, and celtuce. We just didn't get lucky like we did last year.

Ouch, those are tough! I'd say third is pretty good. Congrats!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:55 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:11 am
I guess you must have spelled "squorrel" wrong again....

lb13
v-a-r-m-i-n-t. Varmint.
Easy-peasy.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:56 pm

I find myself misspelling words I KNEW I knew at some point, so any placement for you and your team is auusum.
Well, then

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#7 Post by kayrharris » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:34 pm

Third place sounds great to me, especially with words like that!

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#8 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:36 pm

Thanks, everybody! I had fun.

I miss the president of the First National bank -- he transferred out of state. He used to buy a round for all the spellers.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller