Joseph Ellis on Impeachment

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Joseph Ellis on Impeachment

#26 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:43 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:05 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:43 pm
You all seem to know without any doubts in YOUR minds everyone's else's motives and thoughts.
Hate to burst your bubble flock, but I have no idea what your last thoughts were about since they made absolutely no sense and were certainly not germane to my post.
Too many big words?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17302
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Joseph Ellis on Impeachment

#27 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:22 am

Mitt Romney has been "disinvited" from the Conservative Political Action Conference scheduled for next month. Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union, made the announcement yesterday. There's no room in today's Republican Party for anyone who doesn't lick Donald Trump's boots. Romney doesn't really have to worry about political repercussions (he's probably safe for re-election in four years if he wants), and the other Republican to vote for witnesses Susan Collins is in desperate trouble for re-election and trying to showcase her "moderate" credentials. But for everyone else, including Cory Gardner, who's in bigger electoral trouble than Collins, is in the Trump camp.

So much for any independence in today's Republican party.

https://www.newsweek.com/sen-mitt-romne ... al-1485186
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Joseph Ellis on Impeachment

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:20 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:22 am
Mitt Romney has been "disinvited" from the Conservative Political Action Conference scheduled for next month. Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Conservative Union, made the announcement yesterday. There's no room in today's Republican Party for anyone who doesn't lick Donald Trump's boots. Romney doesn't really have to worry about political repercussions (he's probably safe for re-election in four years if he wants), and the other Republican to vote for witnesses Susan Collins is in desperate trouble for re-election and trying to showcase her "moderate" credentials. But for everyone else, including Cory Gardner, who's in bigger electoral trouble than Collins, is in the Trump camp.

So much for any independence in today's Republican party.

https://www.newsweek.com/sen-mitt-romne ... al-1485186
You have the gall to say something like that after a purely partisan impeachment (coup attempt) which several of your comrades refused to take part in ( one even switched parties) took it's inevitable course?

The dem party has backed itself into it's own corner. Your utter disdain and hatred for anyone and anything that doesn't see things your way is the real Threat To Our Democracy.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17302
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Joseph Ellis on Impeachment

#29 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:34 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:20 pm

You have the gall to say something like that after a purely partisan impeachment (coup attempt)
Two words. Justin. Amash.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17302
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Joseph Ellis on Impeachment

#30 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:27 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:20 pm
You have the gall to say something like that after a purely partisan impeachment (coup attempt) which several of your comrades refused to take part in ( one even switched parties) took it's inevitable course?
You're going to have to change your tune, Flock. Mitt Romney is going to vote to convict.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Joseph Ellis on Impeachment

#31 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:40 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:27 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:20 pm
You have the gall to say something like that after a purely partisan impeachment (coup attempt) which several of your comrades refused to take part in ( one even switched parties) took it's inevitable course?
You're going to have to change your tune, Flock. Mitt Romney is going to vote to convict.
Changes nothing. What do you think it changes? Everyone but the in the tank trump and country haters KNEW he would be acquitted.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 18988
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Joseph Ellis on Impeachment

#32 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:47 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:40 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:27 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:20 pm
You have the gall to say something like that after a purely partisan impeachment (coup attempt) which several of your comrades refused to take part in ( one even switched parties) took it's inevitable course?
You're going to have to change your tune, Flock. Mitt Romney is going to vote to convict.
Changes nothing. What do you think it changes? Everyone but the in the tank trump and country haters KNEW he would be acquitted.
You can't describe the impeachment as purely partisan when the vote to convict Donny is bipartisan. Especially when a number of other Republican Senators are saying that what Donny did was an abuse of his office, even if they're not willing to vote to remove him from office. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Joseph Ellis on Impeachment

#33 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:56 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:47 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:40 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:27 pm


You're going to have to change your tune, Flock. Mitt Romney is going to vote to convict.
Changes nothing. What do you think it changes? Everyone but the in the tank trump and country haters KNEW he would be acquitted.
You can't describe the impeachment as purely partisan when the vote to convict Donny is bipartisan. Especially when a number of other Republican Senators are saying that what Donny did was an abuse of his office, even if they're not willing to vote to remove him from office. --Bob
If there was a censure vote, which I would think would have been the appropriate response, these senators would probably vote for it. But they don't want to vote for the death penalty for an offense that should be probationary.
You are totally blinded by your hatred of trump. This was and is a purely partisan action, totally unjustified and 'trumped' up. There is NO DOUBT on this except for you and those who are in the tank for hating trump.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17302
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Joseph Ellis on Impeachment

#34 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:42 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:56 pm
There is NO DOUBT on this except for you and those who are in the tank for hating trump.
Funny how over half the public in recent polls supported removing Trump from office. So, that would have to be a very big tank to fit all of them in.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17302
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Joseph Ellis on Impeachment

#35 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:46 pm

All Democrats voted to convict on both charges (abuse of power and obstruction of justice), including Manchin, Jones, and Sinema, who were thought to be perhaps a bit iffy. Romney voted to convict for abuse of power and acquit on obstruction of justice.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Joseph Ellis on Impeachment

#36 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:46 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:42 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:56 pm
There is NO DOUBT on this except for you and those who are in the tank for hating trump.
Funny how over half the public in recent polls supported removing Trump from office. So, that would have to be a very big tank to fit all of them in.
Funny how trump's approval rating is now at the highest of his term, higher than Obama's was. How the republican's approval rating is higher than it's been since 9/11. Maybe he should be impeached again.
Since you seem to have a high interest in polls....

https://news.gallup.com/poll/284156/tru ... -best.aspx
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard

Post Reply