RIP 20th Century Fox

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

RIP 20th Century Fox

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:52 am

Disney has now officially dropped the "Fox" name in connection with the properties it acquired in its recent merger. The movie studio will now be known as "20th Century Studios" and the arts label, formerly called "Fox Searchlight Pictures," will now be known simply as "Searchlight Pictures." The first movie with the "20th Century Studios" label will be the family film, Call of the Wild, with Harrison Ford, out in February. The first movie bearing the new Searchlight logo will be the Will Ferrell comedy Downhill in March. No final decision has been made about rebranding the various TV production companies currently bearing the "Fox" logo. The original "20th Century Fox" name resulted from a 1935 merger between 20th Century Studios and Fox Film Corporation.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/disn ... 203470349/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: RIP 20th Century Fox

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:55 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:52 am
Disney has now officially dropped the "Fox" name in connection with the properties it acquired in its recent merger. The movie studio will now be known as "20th Century Studios" and the arts label, formerly called "Fox Searchlight Pictures," will now be known simply as "Searchlight Pictures." The first movie with the "20th Century Studios" label will be the family film, Call of the Wild, with Harrison Ford, out in February. The first movie bearing the new Searchlight logo will be the Will Ferrell comedy Downhill in March. No final decision has been made about rebranding the various TV production companies currently bearing the "Fox" logo. The original "20th Century Fox" name resulted from a 1935 merger between 20th Century Studios and Fox Film Corporation.

You'd think that if they were going to go to the trouble of changing the name, they'd use the opportunity to update it to the current century. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:57 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:55 am

You'd think that if they were going to go to the trouble of changing the name, they'd use the opportunity to update it to the current century. --Bob
That was my first thought.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:23 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:57 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:55 am

That was my first thought.
And I hadn't even had time yet to put it on the Batphone. Well done! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson