Bob Just Might Get His War

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Bob Just Might Get His War

#1 Post by Spock » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:46 pm

Brought this from the other thread.

>>>"This, right here, is a declaration of war. Not just against those who disagree with your views. But also against our democracy. --Bob"<<<<

Be careful about running your mouth off about declarations of war and so forth-You just might get your wished for war.

I am starting to think that might be where we are heading-especially when talks of Gulags (among other things)are being seriously bruted about.

Have you ever actually seriously thought about how such a war would go for your side? Hint, it won't go well.

Spock

Re: Bob Just Might Get His War

#2 Post by Spock » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:27 am

No takers on what might happen if Bob gets his wished for LEFT/RIGHT Civil War.

Well, I will pick up the ball and run with it as a thought exercise. Lots of aspects that Bob's side never considers

1) The US Military. It is easy to come across snarky comments from Leftists across the internet that Joe Bob Bubba won't be able to stand up to the might of the US Military.

Setting aside the fact that the Taliban and Iraqis seem to have done a pretty good job, it seems a bit precious for the left to assume that a military that votes mostly Republican would be on their side in Bob's desired War. Call it a 50/50 split and my side gets most of the combat arms people.

2) Urban Unrest. I guarantee you that the snarky internet leftists have not spared a thought this. Any urban unrest is not my side's problem, that would be all on Bob's side to deal with. Any urban unrest is a force multiplier for my side in Bob's desired war.

3) Logistics (Focusing on electricity)-Electricity lines are obviously concentrated heading into the big cities with lots of easy targets along hundreds of miles of powerlines through some rough country that can't be defended. Plus, if electricity is knocked out for any length of time, urban unrest increases. Same goes for genarating plants and so forth. Easy targets that can't all be defended

And this part is my favorite and one that snarky internet leftists (and most urbanites) can not begin to understand. My side has a widely distributed electricity generating capacity. For example, I have a commercial generator with hundreds of gallons of fuel. It is a business requirement, but it sure will be nice to have if Bob gets his war.

There are a lot of generators out here in fly-over country. Even small ones can get people through a short-term emergency. I doubt that many of Bob's neighbors have their own generators.

4) 50 to 75 Year olds=This is another favorite of mine as I have never seen it anywhere and it is another massive force multiplier for my side. My side (in Bob's desired Civil War) would have any number of 50 to 75 year olds who would be grateful (for lack of a better term) that Bob's War had happened while they were still young enough to play a part. There are some pretty salty 50 to 75 year olds out here.

What would the 50 to 75 year olds on Bob's side be doing? Not much, I reckon.

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:52 am

Well, I'm glad that Spock now has a second subject to obsess over besides the Gulag. And in this case, he's got an offhand comment by Bob in addition to Kyle Jurek's drunken ramblings to base his fantasies on.

Of course, most of the talk about secession and a second Civil War in recent years has come from fringe right-wing groups, who, unlike their counterparts on the left, regularly organize themselves into various "militias" and engage in weapons practice and training exercises in preparation for that day. The election of Trump has quieted them somewhat from their fervor in the Obama years, but I'm sure that they'll be back in force when the next Democrat is elected President, probably in another ten months.

Here are some militia members who just got a head start on their planning for the next Civil War. Ironically, these arrests probably serve as a justification for Flock and the other Trump enablers cries for a crackdown on illegal immigration. One of the men arrested was illegally in the US from that well-known hotbed of Islamic terrorism and Hispanic gang violence and drug dealing, Canada:

FBI arrests 3 alleged white supremacists. They planned to attend Virginia pro-gun rally (1-16-20)
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:24 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:52 am
And in this case, he's got an offhand comment by Bob in addition to Kyle Jurek's drunken ramblings to base his fantasies on.
And a comment that he's misinterpreted (deliberately or otherwise). I didn't write that I want a war. I wrote that Flock's expressed attitude (shared by many Republicans) means that the war has already begun whether we like it or not.

It will end when they accept the legitimacy of political outcomes that differ from their preferences. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:24 pm
And in this case, he's got an offhand comment by Bob in addition to Kyle Jurek's drunken ramblings to base his fantasies on.
And a comment that he's misinterpreted (deliberately or otherwise). I didn't write that I want a war. I wrote that Flock's expressed attitude (shared by many Republicans) means that the war has already begun whether we like it or not.

It will end when they accept the legitimacy of political outcomes that differ from their preferences. --Bob
Just what exactly are you rambling about that I have anything to do with? When did I say anything about a war that you have so insanely misconstrued?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:28 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Not even regarding war shit that is the funniest thing you've ever posted. I don't think irony is your strong point.
Well, then

tlynn78

#7 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:39 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:28 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

Not even regarding war shit that is the funniest thing you've ever posted. I don't think irony is your strong point.
This, times a thousand.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

themanintheseersuckersuit

#8 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:52 am

"I'll straight up get armed...I'm ready for the "f**king revolution"; "Guillotine the rich"; 'send Republicans to re-education camps'
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.