Prosecutors recommend almost 5 years in prison for former GOP Rep. Chris Collins

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Prosecutors recommend almost 5 years in prison for former GOP Rep. Chris Collins

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:55 pm

Federal prosecutors recommended Monday that former Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.) be sentenced to up to 57 months in prison for pleading guilty to insider trading last year.

Why it matters: Collins was the first congressman to endorse President Trump in 2016 and resigned in September after changing his not-guilty plea. Prosecutors argue that he should not receive leniency because he continued to serve in Congress while hiding his crimes.

Context: In August 2018, Collins was arrested in connection with an alleged insider trading scheme involving Innate Immunotherapeutics, an Australian drug company whose board he sat on for years.

Prosecutors allege that Collins received a tip about a failed clinical trial involving the company's only product.
He then allegedly called his son Cameron, who sold off shares of Innate stock the next day.
https://www.axios.com/chris-collins-sen ... d703d.html
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.