My thoughts on impeachment

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

My thoughts on impeachment

#1 Post by kroxquo » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:47 pm

I have spent a lot of time today listening to the "debate" about impeachment and I have come to a conclusion that may surprise people who know me. I am not at all sure that if I was in Congress that I would vote in favor of impeachment. Don't get me wrong - do I think that the President tried to use his power to influence Ukraine to investigate the Biden family so that he would benefit in the 2020 election? Absolutely I do, but I don't think it was part of a grand scheme because frankly I don't think the President is bright enough to plan ahead to do something like that. It was just one more off the cuff remark that he is notorious for. But there is something about this that is really bothering me. I have been saying from the beginning that from a political standpoint, impeachment is a huge mistake; when the President is acqutted in the Senate (as we all know he will be), he will be able to say that is a full vindication of his claims of the process being a hoax (whether that is the case or not). This will further motivate his base and make him harder to beat next year. But my misgivings are more than political. I remember the day after the election in 2016, I said to Karen that I had had candidates lose before but never before had I felt that the future of the Republic was endangered. I still believe that. But I can't deny that this process is deeply partisan; that if it were Republicans impeaching Barack Obama, that Democrats would be making the same arguments as Republicans are now. So this is where my misgivings come from. We have reached a state where partisanship is a stronger force than doing what is right. That the Congress may be starting down an easily foreseeable road where the incumbent is impeached everytime the opposition party gains control. Under normal circumstances, I would say that this is a clear case; but the implications for the future are deeply troubling to me.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10708
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:51 pm

Well said.
Oh please.

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 5053
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#3 Post by jarnon » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:16 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:47 pm
It was just one more off the cuff remark that he is notorious for.
But he has a deep-seated need to defend even these haphazard remarks. Look what happened when he said Hurricane Dorian threatened Alabama. He could have dismissed it as based on an outdated forecast and everyone would have forgotten. But he defended it for days, altered a map with a Sharpie, and forced NOAA to back him up. Now he keeps insisting his phone call was "perfect," and any Republican who's even a bit critical is labeled a traitor.

The voters wanted an unconventional, reality-show president, and that's what they got. It's a worldwide phenomenon. In Ukraine they elected a comedian who played the president on a TV comedy. And they could see what's happening here under Trump. Then they gave his party (named after the TV show) a huge legislative victory. I keep expecting a backlash and a return to dull, stodgy presidents, but what do I know? I must be too old to get it.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 18892
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:43 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:47 pm
I have spent a lot of time today listening to the "debate" about impeachment and I have come to a conclusion that may surprise people who know me. I am not at all sure that if I was in Congress that I would vote in favor of impeachment. Don't get me wrong - do I think that the President tried to use his power to influence Ukraine to investigate the Biden family so that he would benefit in the 2020 election? Absolutely I do, but I don't think it was part of a grand scheme because frankly I don't think the President is bright enough to plan ahead to do something like that. It was just one more off the cuff remark that he is notorious for. But there is something about this that is really bothering me. I have been saying from the beginning that from a political standpoint, impeachment is a huge mistake; when the President is acqutted in the Senate (as we all know he will be), he will be able to say that is a full vindication of his claims of the process being a hoax (whether that is the case or not). This will further motivate his base and make him harder to beat next year. But my misgivings are more than political. I remember the day after the election in 2016, I said to Karen that I had had candidates lose before but never before had I felt that the future of the Republic was endangered. I still believe that. But I can't deny that this process is deeply partisan; that if it were Republicans impeaching Barack Obama, that Democrats would be making the same arguments as Republicans are now. So this is where my misgivings come from. We have reached a state where partisanship is a stronger force than doing what is right. That the Congress may be starting down an easily foreseeable road where the incumbent is impeached everytime the opposition party gains control. Under normal circumstances, I would say that this is a clear case; but the implications for the future are deeply troubling to me.
Honestly, Krox, I think that ship sailed when the Republicans decided to impeach Bill Clinton. And I can't imagine they'll be more restrained in the future. So the House may as well do what's right here and trust the American people to know the difference.

The American people will decide whether they're okay with how their Members of the House vote today and Speaker Pelosi has made it clear that she is not attempting to whip the vote. Ultimately, for better or worse, we'll get the government we deserve. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#5 Post by kroxquo » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:43 pm
Ultimately, for better or worse, we'll get the government we deserve. --Bob
Since this is the electorate that voted for him, that's what frightens me.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10708
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Some feel/felt the same way for the alternative(s). So there's that, but y'all don't unnerstand nuance.
Oh please.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 18892
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:10 pm
Some feel/felt the same way for the alternative(s). So there's that, but y'all don't unnerstand nuance.
I understand it just fine. Republicans think that people who disagree with them on policy are a threat to the Republic, so they feel justified in doing anything and everything necessary to maintain their hold on power. That's why they've maintained a scorched-earth campaign against the increasingly popular Affordable Care Act for more than ten years.

Democrats trust the process when it comes to policy, but believe that an aspirant to federal office who invites foreign interference in our elections, and then tries to cover it up, is a threat to the Republic. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10708
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:54 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:10 pm
Some feel/felt the same way for the alternative(s). So there's that, but y'all don't unnerstand nuance.
I understand it just fine. Republicans think that people who disagree with them on policy are a threat to the Republic, so they feel justified in doing anything and everything necessary to maintain their hold on power. That's why they've maintained a scorched-earth campaign against the increasingly popular Affordable Care Act for more than ten years.

Democrats trust the process when it comes to policy, but believe that an aspirant to federal office who invites foreign interference in our elections, and then tries to cover it up, is a threat to the Republic. --Bob
No. You're wrong.
Oh please.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10708
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:57 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:54 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:10 pm
Some feel/felt the same way for the alternative(s). So there's that, but y'all don't unnerstand nuance.
I understand it just fine. Republicans think that people who disagree with them on policy are a threat to the Republic, so they feel justified in doing anything and everything necessary to maintain their hold on power. That's why they've maintained a scorched-earth campaign against the increasingly popular Affordable Care Act for more than ten years.

Democrats trust the process when it comes to policy, but believe that an aspirant to federal office who invites foreign interference in our elections, and then tries to cover it up, is a threat to the Republic. --Bob
No. You're wrong.
Plus, you're incapable of agreeing on ANYTHING a Repub will say.
Oh please.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 18892
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:20 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:57 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:54 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:10 pm
Some feel/felt the same way for the alternative(s). So there's that, but y'all don't unnerstand nuance.
I understand it just fine. Republicans think that people who disagree with them on policy are a threat to the Republic, so they feel justified in doing anything and everything necessary to maintain their hold on power. That's why they've maintained a scorched-earth campaign against the increasingly popular Affordable Care Act for more than ten years.

Democrats trust the process when it comes to policy, but believe that an aspirant to federal office who invites foreign interference in our elections, and then tries to cover it up, is a threat to the Republic. --Bob
No. You're wrong.
The behavior of elected Republicans and those who support them says otherwise. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10708
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#11 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:31 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:20 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:57 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:54 pm
I understand it just fine. Republicans think that people who disagree with them on policy are a threat to the Republic, so they feel justified in doing anything and everything necessary to maintain their hold on power. That's why they've maintained a scorched-earth campaign against the increasingly popular Affordable Care Act for more than ten years.

Democrats trust the process when it comes to policy, but believe that an aspirant to federal office who invites foreign interference in our elections, and then tries to cover it up, is a threat to the Republic. --Bob
No. You're wrong.
The behavior of elected Republicans and those who support them says otherwise. --Bob
No. You're wrong.
Oh please.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 18892
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#12 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:42 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:31 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:20 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:57 pm


No. You're wrong.
The behavior of elected Republicans and those who support them says otherwise. --Bob
No. You're wrong.
I'll believe that when Donny's abuse of power to coerce a foreign government to invent dirt against a domestic political opponent starts costing him Republican votes. So far, not a one. Virtually every Republican who's opposing Donny's flagrant abuses of power is being driven from the Party instead. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 10708
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#13 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:42 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:31 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:20 pm
The behavior of elected Republicans and those who support them says otherwise. --Bob
No. You're wrong.
I'll believe that when Donny's abuse of power to coerce a foreign government to invent dirt against a domestic political opponent starts costing him Republican votes. So far, not a one. Virtually every Republican who's opposing Donny's flagrant abuses of power is being driven from the Party instead. --Bob
C'est la vie.
Oh please.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5260
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#14 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:12 pm

The bastard is impeached!
Stay tuned for part 2.
Can the Senate impeach the house?

Or as John Mclain would say: Want to go for double jeopardy where the scores can really change?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs

User avatar
Estonut
Evil Genius
Posts: 9768
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#15 Post by Estonut » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:13 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:42 pm
I'll believe that when Donny's abuse of power to coerce a foreign government to invent dirt against a domestic political opponent ...
He did no such thing. The pertinent quotes that I see in the transcript are:
The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it.
and
The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.
If you are not imagining the coercion and request to invent dirt against an opponent, please cite where that was said, or even implied.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 18892
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#16 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:25 am

Estonut wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:13 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:42 pm
I'll believe that when Donny's abuse of power to coerce a foreign government to invent dirt against a domestic political opponent ...
He did no such thing. The pertinent quotes that I see in the transcript are:
The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it.
and
The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.
If you are not imagining the coercion and request to invent dirt against an opponent, please cite where that was said, or even implied.
The part where he held up Congressiionally approved aid until they did him that "favor."

The part where the Ukrainian government knew damn well that's why the aid was being held up.

And the part where he didn't give a rat's ass whether Ukraine actually conducted such an investigation. He just wanted one publicly announced.

And the part where Donny blocked the people with direct knowledge from testifying. And hid the verbatim transcript on a classified server.

And let's not forget -- the sworn testimony is that the reconstruction was not accurate and that the attempt to make it more accurate was rejected.

Personally I think Speaker Pelosi should hold off on delivering the articles of impeachment until the courts have held that Donny can't block people like Bolton from testifying. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Estonut
Evil Genius
Posts: 9768
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#17 Post by Estonut » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:57 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:25 am
Estonut wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:13 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:42 pm
I'll believe that when Donny's abuse of power to coerce a foreign government to invent dirt against a domestic political opponent ...
He did no such thing. The pertinent quotes that I see in the transcript are:
The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it.
and
The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.
If you are not imagining the coercion and request to invent dirt against an opponent, please cite where that was said, or even implied.
The part where he held up Congressiionally approved aid until they did him that "favor."

The part where the Ukrainian government knew damn well that's why the aid was being held up.

And the part where he didn't give a rat's ass whether Ukraine actually conducted such an investigation. He just wanted one publicly announced.

And the part where Donny blocked the people with direct knowledge from testifying. And hid the verbatim transcript on a classified server.

And let's not forget -- the sworn testimony is that the reconstruction was not accurate and that the attempt to make it more accurate was rejected.

Personally I think Speaker Pelosi should hold off on delivering the articles of impeachment until the courts have held that Donny can't block people like Bolton from testifying.
My mistake. I thought that competent lawyers require proof. I still do. I also noticed you failed to cite what I asked for.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#18 Post by kroxquo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:39 am

Estonut wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:13 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:42 pm
I'll believe that when Donny's abuse of power to coerce a foreign government to invent dirt against a domestic political opponent ...
He did no such thing. The pertinent quotes that I see in the transcript are:
The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it.
and
The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.
If you are not imagining the coercion and request to invent dirt against an opponent, please cite where that was said, or even implied.
I'm not arguing one way or another, and I'm asking because I truly don't know, but do you know what the conversation was before the first quote above. The word "though" implies that it was in response to something said previously and that would clarify the context of the statement.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17137
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:17 am

Estonut wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:57 am
My mistake. I thought that competent lawyers require proof. I still do. I also noticed you failed to cite what I asked for.
There was proof in the testimony of witnesses who heard the call and also had direct knowledge of the events that transpired before the call. And at least one of those witnesses testified that the "transcript" of the call was incomplete.

The evidence presented in the hearing would have been enough to get the case to any jury in this country.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5260
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#20 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:24 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:17 am
Estonut wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:57 am
My mistake. I thought that competent lawyers require proof. I still do. I also noticed you failed to cite what I asked for.
There was proof in the testimony of witnesses who heard the call and also had direct knowledge of the events that transpired before the call. And at least one of those witnesses testified that the "transcript" of the call was incomplete.

The evidence presented in the hearing would have been enough to get the case to any jury in this country.
What exactly was the crime committed?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 18892
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#21 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:11 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:24 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:17 am
Estonut wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:57 am
My mistake. I thought that competent lawyers require proof. I still do. I also noticed you failed to cite what I asked for.
There was proof in the testimony of witnesses who heard the call and also had direct knowledge of the events that transpired before the call. And at least one of those witnesses testified that the "transcript" of the call was incomplete.

The evidence presented in the hearing would have been enough to get the case to any jury in this country.
What exactly was the crime committed?
Extortion and solicitation of a bribe. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 5053
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#22 Post by jarnon » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:19 am

Pelosi is considering holding the articles of impeachment hostage until McConnell agrees to a fair trial. Meanwhile, the Supreme Court will decide the limits of executive privilege in 2020. That could determine whether Bolton and Mulvaney testify. So Trump's trial may be much later than January.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5260
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:31 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:11 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:24 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:17 am


There was proof in the testimony of witnesses who heard the call and also had direct knowledge of the events that transpired before the call. And at least one of those witnesses testified that the "transcript" of the call was incomplete.

The evidence presented in the hearing would have been enough to get the case to any jury in this country.
What exactly was the crime committed?
Extortion and solicitation of a bribe. --Bob
Really, where are the articles of impeachment for that? Who exactly is the accuser? Has anyone said they were extorted? Has anyone said they were bribed? As far as I can see, President Zelensky has not claimed he was extorted or bribed. Nor has anyone else. In fact, he has stated publicly that he wasn't bribed, extorted or even pressured. Do you know of anyone who has been? Doesn't there have to be an accuser or a victim when a crime is committed? Can you extort someone or bribe someone who says they weren't extorted or bribed? If so, can't anyone, even you, be accused of bribery and extortion of anyone else in the world?
So, taking this further, shouldn't we sanction Ukraine because their President has lied to us and the world?

It doesn't really matter, you have impeached the bastard, something, bob-tel, you have clamored for since the day after the election. It will go nowhere, but you will go on harassing the bastard. It's your mission.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17137
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#24 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:52 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:31 am
As far as I can see, President Zelensky has not claimed he was extorted or bribed.
Victims of extortion have a tendency not to admit that, especially when the person doing the extorting remains in a position of power.

And again, it's not just Bob and I and Adam Schiff claiming that Trump has committed impeachable actions. A large number of legal experts have said the same thing (including a number of Republicans and other conservatives). Even if you can find one or two to support your point of view doesn't mean that there wasn't ample evidence presented in the impeachment proceedings and ample grounds for impeaching Trump.

When Rudy Giuliani and Sean Hannity are your legal experts, you've got a problem Flock.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17137
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: My thoughts on impeachment

#25 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:10 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:31 am
Really, where are the articles of impeachment for that? Who exactly is the accuser? Has anyone said they were extorted? Has anyone said they were bribed? As far as I can see, President Zelensky has not claimed he was extorted or bribed. Nor has anyone else. In fact, he has stated publicly that he wasn't bribed, extorted or even pressured. Do you know of anyone who has been? Doesn't there have to be an accuser or a victim when a crime is committed? Can you extort someone or bribe someone who says they weren't extorted or bribed? If so, can't anyone, even you, be accused of bribery and extortion of anyone else in the world?
So, taking this further, shouldn't we sanction Ukraine because their President has lied to us and the world?
Here's an expert with first hand knowledge who agrees with you, Flock

Putin says Trump was impeached for fabricated reasons
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Post Reply