Pet prayers needed

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Pet prayers needed

#1 Post by gsabc » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:18 pm

Both of BD’s four-legged children are sick. Murphy, the dog-child, has elevated liver enzymes and a nodule on his spleen; ultrasound is scheduled for Monday. He has had on-and-off GI problems for the last month and now is not eating well. Raavi, the cat-child, has elevated heart enzymes and is not eating or drinking; his ultrasound is Wednesday (bloodwork was done because of a two-day-long coughing fit that wouldn’t stop). I ask for some Jipter prayer circle work, please.

It has not been a good year for our pets. We lost one of our cats, Mel, a few months back when he suddenly developed a blood clot in one leg. No warning at all. Came downstairs one morning and he was lying on a lower step in obvious distress. And our black lab, Moose, had his second ACL surgery, this time on his other back leg (leg #1 was repaired several years ago.). That, at least, had a good outcome.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Lizbit
Four-Footer

Re: Pet prayers needed

#2 Post by Lizbit » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:44 pm

As it happens, me and Wiki are pet prayers. We will pray extra hard for Murphy and Raavi!

We are sorry to hear about Mel. I bet he already knows my late little sis BeBe. BeBe loves cats.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:01 pm

Pet baby prayers from here. Sigh
Well, then

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:06 pm

I'll ask Heimdallr to send them back to Midgard from Bifröst.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

a1mamacat

#5 Post by a1mamacat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:14 pm

Scooter and Java and I send all our best thoughts for the fur babies. :(
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#6 Post by kayrharris » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:24 pm

Dudley, the 10 year old Maltese with Cushings Disease crossed the rainbow bridge a few weeks ago. Sure hope your pets get well soon!

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

mellytu74

#7 Post by mellytu74 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:42 pm

Adding our prayers.

gsabc

#8 Post by gsabc » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:44 pm

:( Sadly, Murphy didn't make it. He was not eating at all, with several other physical problems that had been creeping up over the last year. We (mostly BD and GW, since he was most definitely their dog and granddog) decided that there was nothing that the ultrasound could show us that would be easily curable, and we didn't want to put him through major surgery. Age 12. He and Raavi were very much best buddies, so we're concerned about how Raavi will react to the loss. Your prayers are appreciated, and feline prayers continue to be helpful.

Wherever the rainbow bridge leads, I'm sure Murphy is happy playing with the family and Jipter four-leggers.

ghostjmf

#9 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:14 pm

Pet Prayers from here.

So sorry to hear about Murphy.

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:15 pm

:( :( :(
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#11 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:38 pm

My condolences. Always hurts to lose a loved one, be it a 2 OR a 4-footed one. I hope Raavi pulls through this.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

mellytu74

#12 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:51 pm

I don't know how I missed the latest.

Cyber hugs from her for everyone. :( :(

gsabc

#13 Post by gsabc » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:14 am

Update #2: So far, so good. No apparent physical heart issues, per ultrasound. Raavi has a viral upper respiratory issue, hence the coughing and sneezing. Vet says about all you can do is wait it out and watch out for colored snot, indicative of bacterial infection. He has been eating some, mostly his treats, and drinking. Not as much as usual, but we'll take it. He doesn't seem to be losing weight. Spends most of the day (and night) under the blankets on our bed. Our cat, Velvet, is often underneath right next to him. I'm glad they've made up; Mel was Raavi's best cat bud before he died. So things are optimistic at present. We're still cautious and keeping an eye on things. Thank you again for your prayers.