Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
littlebeast13
Dumbass
Posts: 30089
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Contact:

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#26 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:16 am

And Let's Go Crazy by Prince... all of these songs do keep the single word title elements mrk found, though I think that may be a coincidence...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

User avatar
littlebeast13
Dumbass
Posts: 30089
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Contact:

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#27 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:26 am

Maybe something like this?

85. Stairway To + 17. Heaven (Also a 74. Bryan Adams song) = 59. Led Zeppelin

132. Friday + 62. I'm In Love (Also a song by 11. Aretha Franklin) = 77. The Cure

99. Let's Go + 43. Crazy = 21. Prince (Let's Go could be The Cars or Wang Chung... or Crazy could be just about anybody, though I can't find an artist match for either of thee yet...)
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#28 Post by mrkelley23 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:28 am

littlebeast13 wrote:OK, I'm not sure same-titled songs is the key here. The Cure's "Friday I'm In Love" song can be made as a match in this game, so the old title + title = artist formula seems like it has to be part of the foursome. Just gotta find the missing piece...

lb13
Oh, that gave it to me. I have to leave now, but here's one complete -- you can treat my others as partials up there:

132. FRIDAY + 62. Think I'M IN LOVE = Friday I'm in Love, by 77. The Cure, and Think, by 11. Aretha Franklin
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
littlebeast13
Dumbass
Posts: 30089
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Contact:

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#29 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:43 am

mrkelley23 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:OK, I'm not sure same-titled songs is the key here. The Cure's "Friday I'm In Love" song can be made as a match in this game, so the old title + title = artist formula seems like it has to be part of the foursome. Just gotta find the missing piece...

lb13
Oh, that gave it to me. I have to leave now, but here's one complete -- you can treat my others as partials up there:

132. FRIDAY + 62. Think I'M IN LOVE = Friday I'm in Love, by 77. The Cure, and Think, by 11. Aretha Franklin

HA! That's much cleaner than what I came up with, and funny that Aretha worked for both of ours...

I'll check this out a bit more when I get back from lunch and a haircut...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

User avatar
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 6382
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: State of Confusion

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#30 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:06 pm

franktangredi wrote:Aside from the one that littlebeast already corrected, here's a rundown. I'm only bothering with things that will matter in the final solution.

You missed a couple that Melly already identified.

#63 and #113 are wrong. (I'm identifying these because there are so many and I don't want you to have to go back and reinstitute all the lyrics.)

One has the right artist but the wrong song.

One is the right song but needs a different artist who famously recorded it.

One is correct, but the song was released by a group, not by the individual cited.

One is totally correct but the form of the title needs a slight adjustment. (Someone else had it right.)

We're off to a good start.


12. LIVING RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO AN ANGEL - NEIL SEDAKA

Lose the "Living Right" part


22. Words mean so little when you look up and smile.
I don't care what people say, to me you're more than a child.

Clair-Gilbert O'Sullivan


26. LONG TALL GLASSES - LEO SAYER

not sure if it matters or not, but the full title is Long Tall Glasses (I Can Dance)


30. Don't you tell me
My baby's just a playboy.
(It wasn't him.)
Don't you tell me
My baby's just a playboy.

Don' t Say Nothin' Bad About My Baby-The Cookies


33. I WON'T GIVE UP ON US - JASON MRAZ

lose the "On Us" part



50. Frustrated, incorporated,
Well I know just what you need,
I might just have the thing,
I know what you'd pay to see.

Misery-Soul Asylum


51. ONLY THE BEGINNING - CHICAGO

correct title is "Beginnings"


56. I've cried and prayed to the Lord
To send you back my love,
But instead you came to me
Only in my dreams.

Maybe-The Chantels



70. Every awareness
Seems to bring us together, storm in the weather.
Being enlightened is like
Choosing the road in which you wish to go,
Planting a seedling and watching it grow.

It's Wonderful-The Rascals


79. When you touch me I can't resist
And you've touched me a thousand times.
When I think of your tender kiss, ah,
Then and there I start to unwind.

I've Got Love On My Mind-Natalie Cole


113. is actually Saturday Night-Bay City Rollers


124. No one can tell me
That I'm too young to know
I love you so (love you so)
And you love me.

Our Day Will Come-Ruby and the Romantics


127. I said the first day I met you,
Someday I'm gonna catch you.
Now you're here and baby I love it,
So come on and give me some lovin’.

Jam Up Jelly Tight-Tommy Roe


137. Got your lady on the line,
Got your name on the cover,
Though your friends are ninety-nine
Honey, you ain't got no lover.

I'm On Fire-Dwight Twilley Band

150. I love you,
'Cause you tell me things I want to know
And it's true
That it really only goes to show
That I know
That I, I, I, I
Should never, never, never be blue.

Ask Me Why-The Beatles
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

User avatar
littlebeast13
Dumbass
Posts: 30089
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Contact:

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#31 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:10 pm

Thanks TBone for keeping me from having to dig up the Soul Asylum song...

121. Runaway + 25. Downtown Train = Runaway Train (50. Soul Asylum) and Downtown (84. Petula Clark)
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

User avatar
littlebeast13
Dumbass
Posts: 30089
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Contact:

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#32 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Finishing up the other two suggested matches...

99. Let's Go All The Way + 43. Crazy = Let's Go Crazy (21. Prince) and All The Way (131. Frank Sinatra)

85. Stairway To Paradise + 17. Heaven = Stairway To Heaven (59. Led Zeppelin) and Paradise (117. Sade)
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

User avatar
franktangredi
Posts: 5839
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#33 Post by franktangredi » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:17 pm

I knew Stairway to Paradise was going to be the key that unlocked the Tangredi. I just didn't expect it to happen so fast! Good job!

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#34 Post by mrkelley23 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:28 pm

112. WORDS + 68. Chains OF LOVE = Words of Love, by 139. The Mamas and the Papas and Chains, by 150. The Beatles
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
mellytu74
Posts: 8485
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#35 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:32 pm

A couple that I had in the answers I accidently erased

19. Stuck at a red light outside an adult bookstore,
His son said, “Daddy what are all those X's for?”
As the light turned green he changed the subject fast,
Started talking about football as they drove right past.

WHAT DO YOU SAY - REBA MCENTIRE

73. I'm wanna get up in the mornin'
A-yeah, with the risin' sun.
I'm gonna stay right on that trail
Till the day is done.
I think I am old enough.
I'm young in years, but I'm mighty tough.

HOUND DOG MAN - FABIAN

User avatar
littlebeast13
Dumbass
Posts: 30089
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Contact:

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#36 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:37 pm

31. Candy + 73. Hound Dog Man = Candy Man (52. Roy Orbison) and Hound Dog (14. Elvis Presley)
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#37 Post by mrkelley23 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:43 pm

29. Temptation + 49. Hungry Eyes = Temptation Eyes, by 129. Grass Roots and Hungry, by 76. Paul Revere and the Raiders
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#38 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:52 am

128 When It's Over + 102. I Need You = When I need You, by 26. Leo Sayer and It's Over, by 14. Elvis Presley

There may be another version of It's Over that we'll need to keep an eye out for -- this is not one of Elvis's best known songs.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
littlebeast13
Dumbass
Posts: 30089
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Contact:

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#39 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:18 am

mrkelley23 wrote:128 When It's Over + 102. I Need You = When I need You, by 26. Leo Sayer and It's Over, by 14. Elvis Presley

There may be another version of It's Over that we'll need to keep an eye out for -- this is not one of Elvis's best known songs.

I checked (Since there's no way Elvis isn't in the game for Hound Dog), and found that another artist who did a song called "It's Over" is....... Roy Orbison, who has also been used as an artist match (in the Elvis match, no less). Maybe one of the more recent artists that hasn't been identified yet might work there...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#40 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:51 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:128 When It's Over + 102. I Need You = When I need You, by 26. Leo Sayer and It's Over, by 14. Elvis Presley

There may be another version of It's Over that we'll need to keep an eye out for -- this is not one of Elvis's best known songs.

I checked (Since there's no way Elvis isn't in the game for Hound Dog), and found that another artist who did a song called "It's Over" is....... Roy Orbison, who has also been used as an artist match (in the Elvis match, no less). Maybe one of the more recent artists that hasn't been identified yet might work there...

lb13
Maybe there's a Sammy Davis Jr. song that hasn't been identified yet for the Candy Man match.

I do remember Orbison's version of It's Over now. It was much more popular than Candy Man.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
littlebeast13
Dumbass
Posts: 30089
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Contact:

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#41 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:39 am

mrkelley23 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:128 When It's Over + 102. I Need You = When I need You, by 26. Leo Sayer and It's Over, by 14. Elvis Presley

There may be another version of It's Over that we'll need to keep an eye out for -- this is not one of Elvis's best known songs.

I checked (Since there's no way Elvis isn't in the game for Hound Dog), and found that another artist who did a song called "It's Over" is....... Roy Orbison, who has also been used as an artist match (in the Elvis match, no less). Maybe one of the more recent artists that hasn't been identified yet might work there...

lb13
Maybe there's a Sammy Davis Jr. song that hasn't been identified yet for the Candy Man match.

I do remember Orbison's version of It's Over now. It was much more popular than Candy Man.

I looked Sammy's song up when I did the match and noticed it's titled "The Candy Man," and I don't think Frank would allow the "The" to be ignored. I was surprised to find there was another Candy Man...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#42 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:45 am

We need to get a lot more of the unidentified songs to remove some uncertainty. I'll take another look and see if I can get any
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#43 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:16 am

New consolidation. ^ = artist used * = title used.

1. LET IT BE ME - ELVIS OR EVERLY BROTHERS OR BETTEY EVERETT/JERRY BUTLER
2. COMFORTABLY NUMB - PINK FLOYD

3. Remember those walls I built?
Well, baby, they're tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight,
They didn't even make a sound.

4. When I move, you move (just like that)
When I move, you move (just like that)
When I move, you move (just like that)
Hell yeah! Hey DJ bring that back!

5. NEVER SAY GOODBYE - BON JOVI
6. NIGHT - JACKIE WILSON
7. STAY - MAURICE WILLIAMS AND THE ZODIACS
8. WALKING IN THE RAIN - THE RONETTES
9. LOVE SOMEBODY - MAROON 5
10. OUR LOVE IS HERE TO STAY - ELLA FITZGERALD, FRANK SINATRA, ETC
^11. RESPECT - ARETHA FRANKLIN OR OTIS REDDING
12. NEXT DOOR TO AN ANGEL - NEIL SEDAKA
13. ANGIE BABY - HELEN REDDY
14. LOVE ME TENDER - ELVIS
15. LIGHT MY FIRE - THE DOORS OR JOSE FELICIANO

16. I hope the ring you gave to her turns her finger green,
I hope when you're in bed with her, you think of me.

*17. HEAVEN - WARRANT
18. LONELY BOY - PAUL ANKA

19. WHAT DO YOU SAY – REBA MCINTIRE
20. Girl your stare, those eyes (I love it when you look at me, baby.)
Your lips, your smile (I love it when you kiss me, baby.)
Your hips, those thighs (I love it when you f**k me, baby.)
And I can't deny (I love it when I'm wit'chu, baby.)

^21. KISS - PRINCE (OR TOM JONES)

22. CLAIR – GILBERT O’SULLIVAN
23. PEOPLE GET READY - THE IMPRESSIONS OR CURTIS MAYFIELD
24. FOOTLOOSE - KENNY LOGGINS OR BLAKE SHELTON
*25. DOWNTOWN TRAIN - TOM WAITS OR ROD STEWART
26. LONG TALL GLASSES (I CAN DANCE) - LEO SAYER
27. LOSING MY RELIGION - R.E.M.
28. PERFECT WORLD - HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS

*29. TEMPTATION – BING CROSBY
^30. DON’T SAY NOTHING BAD ABOUT MY BABY – THE COOKIES
31. CANDY - IGGY POP

32. I'm a shooting star, leaping through the sky
Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity,
I'm a racing car, passing by like Lady Godiva,
I'm gonna go, go, go,
There's no stopping me!

33. I WON'T GIVE UP - JASON MRAZ
34. HELLO - LIONEL RICHIE
35. FLY AWAY - JOHN DENVER
36. WAITING FOR A GIRL LIKE YOU - FOREIGNER

37. Don't think of yesterday
And I don't look at the clock,
I like to boogie-woogie, uh, uh.
It's like riding on the wind
And it never goes away,
Touches everything I'm in,
Got to have it every day.

38. I’ve got a fever rising with desire,
It’s my love jones and I feel like I’m on fire.

39. I really don't feel like smiling anymore
And I haven't had the peace to sleep at all.
Ever since you went away, baby my whole life has changed,
I don't want to love and I don't want to live.

40. I took quarter water sold it in bottles for two bucks.
Coca-Cola came and bought it for billions, what the f**k?
Have a baby by me, baby, be a millionaire,
I write the check before the baby comes, who the f**k cares?

41. You know you love me, I know you care,
Just shout whenever and I'll be there,
You are my love, you are my heart
And we will never, ever, ever be apart.

42. You and me we made a vow
For better or for worse.
I can't believe you let me down
But the proof is in the way it hurts.

*43. CRAZY - WILLIE NELSON OR PATSY CLINE
44. IRIS - GOO GOO DOLLS
45. FALLIN' IN LOVE - HAMILTON, JOE FRANK, AND REYNOLDS
46. YOU'RE THE ONE - THE VOGUES
47. I'LL BE THERE - JACKSON FIVE

48. In the daytime,
In the nighttime,
Any time that you feel's the right time
For a friendship with me, you see.

*49. HUNGRY EYES - ERIC CARMEN

^50. MISERY – SOUL ASYLUM
51. BEGINNINGS - CHICAGO
52. CRYIN' - ROY ORBISON (OR DON MCLEAN)
53. WHIP IT - DEVO
54. INSTANT KARMA (WE ALL SHINE ON) - JOHN LENNON & YOKO ONO

55. It's you, and me
Movin' at the speed of light into eternity, yeah.
Tonight is the night
To join me in the middle of ecstasy,
Feel the melody and the rhythm of the music around you, around you.

56. MAYBE – THE CHANTELS
57. MY GIRL - THE TEMPTATIONS
58. I LOVE YOU - CLIMAX BLUES BAND
^59. ROCK AND ROLL - LED ZEPPELIN
60. '65 LOVE AFFAIR - PAUL DAVIS
61. TOXIC - BRITNEY SPEARS
*62. THINK I'M IN LOVE - EDDIE MONEY

63. If I let you come inside, tomorrow will you hide?
Will you be there for me, when I need someone to hold me?
Baby, don't misunderstand, I do want you for my man,
I just need a little time before I invest my love.


64. Oh, baby, love me right,
Let me love you till I get it right.
Can't you let the others be?
'Cause with you is where I got to be.

65. I used to think that I wasn't fine enough
And I used to think that I wasn't wild enough,
But I won't waste my time tryin' to figure out why you playin' games.

66. Tell me you'll stay,
Never ever go away,
I need you (I need you)
I guess I always will.
Girl, you're my best friend,
Girl, you're my love within,
I just want you to know
That I will always love you.
Ooh, baby.

67. SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT - BONNIE RAITT
*68. CHAINS OF LOVE - ERASURE

69. Woman, I can remember a woman,
Warm were her kisses and tender was she
Lying there in my arms.
Why, why did you deceive me so?
What devil inside made you go
When I needed you most of all?

70. IT’S WONDERFUL – THE RASCALS
71. ROCK AND ROLL GIRLS - JOHN FOGERTY
72. MISTY BLUE - DOROTHY MOORE

73. HOUND DOG MAN -- FABIAN
74. THIS TIME - BRYAN ADAMS
75. GOODBYE STRANGER - SUPERTRAMP

^76. KICKS - PAUL REVERE AND THE RAIDERS
^77. LOVESONG - THE CURE
78. GET DOWN TONIGHT - KC AND THE SUNSHINE BAND

79. I’VE GOT LOVE ON MY MIND – NATALIE COLE.

80. Darkness on the edge,
Shadows where I stand,
I search for the time
On a watch with no hands.
ALONE - HEART ?

81. You can take these words to bed with you
And hold on to them at night.
They can erase the emptiness
And make everything alright.

82. Some people live for the fortune,
Some people live just for the fame,
Some people live for the power, yeah,
Some people live just to play the game.
? - ALICIA KEYS

83. SAD SONGS SAY SO MUCH - ELTON JOHN
^84. MY LOVE - PETULA CLARK
*85. STAIRWAY TO PARADISE - GEORGE GERSHWIN, RUFUS WAINWRIGHT

86. A man in my shoes runs a light
And all the papers lied tonight,
But falling over you
Is the news of the day.

87. I don't care if everybody's gone.
Turn it up 'cause it turns me on.
Keep dancing all night long,
Feels so right that it can't be wrong.

88. Taking a day at a time,
Dealing with feelings I don't want to hide,
Learning to love as I go, baby,
Without taking you along for a ride.

89. LADY JANE - ROLLING STONES
90. YOUR LOVE - THE OUTFIELD

91. Every thought is a dream
Rushing by in a stream
Bringing life to the kingdom of doing.

92. HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH - BELINDA CARLISLE
93. DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC - LOVIN' SPOONFUL
94. CAROL - CHUCK BERRY
95. GAMES PEOPLE PLAY - ALAN PARSONS PROJECT
96. I WANT YOU - BOB DYLAN
97. WHATCHA SEE IS WHATCHA GET - THE DRAMATICS
98. GYPSY - FLEETWOOD MACK
*99. LET'S GO ALL THE WAY - SLY FOX
100. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL - THE TYMES
101. BABY I'M YOURS - BARBARA LEWIS
102. I NEED YOU - AMERICA

103. Here, have a dollar,
In fact, no, brother man, here, have two.
Two dollars means a snack for me,
But it means a big deal to you.

104. BY MYSELF – FRED ASTAIRE
105. You, with your words like knives
And swords and weapons that you use against me,
You have knocked me off my feet again,
Got me feeling like a nothing.

106. HELLO AGAIN - NEIL DIAMOND
107. ANGRY YOUNG MAN - BILLY JOEL

108. What's it like in New York city?
I'm a thousand miles away
But, girl, tonight you look so pretty,
Yes, you do.

HEY THERE DELILAH – PLAIN WHITE TEES

109. I took my bruises, took my lumps,
Fell down and I got right back up,
But I need that spark to get psyched back up
In order for me to pick that mic back up.

110. I don't know what it is that you've done to me
But it's caused me to act in such a crazy way.
Whatever it is that you do when you do what you're doing,
It's a feeling that I don't understand.

111. TEARS OF A CLOWN - SMOKEY ROBINSON AND THE MIRACLES
*112. WORDS - BEE GEES
113. SATURDAY NIGHT – BAY CITY ROLLERS
114. BREATHE - FAITH HILL
115. EVERYDAY - BUDDY HOLLY

116. She just wants to be beautiful
She goes unnoticed, she knows no limits
She craves attention, she praises an image
She prays to be sculpted by the sculptor

^117. SMOOTH OPERATOR - SADE

118. I never had no one that I could count on,
I've been let down so many times,
I was tired of hurtin', so tired of searchin'
Til you walked into my life.
It was a feelin' I'd never known
And for the first time I didn't feel alone.

119. ALL THIS LOVE - DEBARGE
120. ALONG COMES MARY - THE ASSOCIATION
*121. RUNAWAY - DEL SHANNON

122. 24-7,
I will make you feel like heaven,
I'll turn you upside down,
I'll spin you round and round.

123. SEPTEMBER IN THE RAIN - FRANK SINATRA, BEATLES, ANNIE LENNOX ETC

124. OUR DAY WILL COME – RUBY AND THE ROMANTICS
125. Catch a fallin' star that shines,
Make a wish, clap three times,
Dreams come true it's in the mind.

126. WOMAN WOMAN - GARY PUCKETT AND THE UNION GAP

127. JAM UP AND JELLY TIGHT – TOMMY ROE
128. WHEN IT'S OVER - SUGAR RAY
^129. LET'S LIVE FOR TODAY - THE GRASSROOTS
130. AT THE HOP - DANNY AND THE JUNIORS
^131. MY WAY - PAUL ANKA OR FRANK SINATRA
*132. FRIDAY - REBECCA BLACK
133. A LITTLE MORE LOVE - OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN
134. ANYTHING FOR YOU - GLORIA ESTEFAN
135. DAUGHTERS - JOHN MAYER
136. COOL CHANGE - LITTLE RIVER BAND

137. I’M ON FIRE – DWIGHT TWILLEY BAND
138. TRUE - SPANDAU BALLET
^139. CREEQUE ALLEY - THE MAMMAS AND THE PAPAS
140. AFTER MIDNIGHT - JJ CALE OR ERIC CLAPTON
141. TONIGHT - WEST SIDE STORY / JIM BRYANT / RICHARD BEYMER

142. But our house gets cold when you cut the heating,
Without you to hold I'll be freezing.
Can't rely on my heart to beat it
'Cause you take part of it every evening.

143. WORKIN' MY WAY BACK TO YOU - FRANKIE VALLI AND THE FOUR SEASONS OR THE SPINNERS
144. IF YOU LEAVE - ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK
145. STAND BACK - STEVIE NICKS
146. WHAT'S YOUR NAME - LYNYRD SKYNYRD
147. TAKE ME HOME - PHIL COLLINS
148. CASEY JONES - GRATEFUL DEAD
149. WANNABE - SPICE GIRLS

150. ASK ME WHY – THE BEATLES

121. Runaway + 25. Downtown Train = Runaway Train (50. Soul Asylum) and Downtown (84. Petula Clark)


132. FRIDAY + 62. Think I'M IN LOVE = Friday I'm in Love, by 77. The Cure, and Think, by 11. Aretha Franklin
99. Let's Go All The Way + 43. Crazy = Let's Go Crazy (21. Prince) and All The Way (131. Frank Sinatra)

85. Stairway To Paradise + 17. Heaven = Stairway To Heaven (59. Led Zeppelin) and Paradise (117. Sade)
112. WORDS + 68. Chains OF LOVE = Words of Love, by 139. The Mamas and the Papas and Chains, by 30. The Cookies
29. Temptation + 49. Hungry Eyes = Temptation Eyes, by 129. Grass Roots and Hungry, by 76. Paul Revere and the Raiders
Last edited by mrkelley23 on Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#44 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:17 am

104. By Myself + 119. All This Love = All By Myself, by 49. Eric Carmen and This Love, by 9. Maroon 5
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#45 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:33 am

91. Every thought is a dream
Rushing by in a stream
Bringing life to the kingdom of doing.

FANTASY -- EARTH, WIND, AND FIRE

109. I took my bruises, took my lumps,
Fell down and I got right back up,
But I need that spark to get psyched back up
In order for me to pick that mic back up.

BEAUTIFUL -- EMINEM

Some people live for the fortune,
Some people live just for the fame,
Some people live for the power, yeah,
Some people live just to play the game.
IF I AIN'T GOT YOU- ALICIA KEYS

81. You can take these words to bed with you
And hold on to them at night.
They can erase the emptiness
And make everything alright.

HERE WITH ME -- REO SPEEDWAGON

69. Woman, I can remember a woman,
Warm were her kisses and tender was she
Lying there in my arms.
Why, why did you deceive me so?
What devil inside made you go
When I needed you most of all?

DAUGHTER OF DARKNESS – TOM JONES

38. I’ve got a fever rising with desire,
It’s my love jones and I feel like I’m on fire.

KEEP ON TRUCKIN’ – EDDIE KENDRICKS

32. I'm a shooting star, leaping through the sky
Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity,
I'm a racing car, passing by like Lady Godiva,
I'm gonna go, go, go,
There's no stopping me!

DON’T STOP ME NOW -- QUEEN


16. I hope the ring you gave to her turns her finger green,
I hope when you're in bed with her, you think of me.

NEVER AGAIN – KELLY CLARKSON

3. Remember those walls I built?
Well, baby, they're tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight,
They didn't even make a sound.

HALO -- BEYONCE
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
franktangredi
Posts: 5839
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#46 Post by franktangredi » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:39 am

Two of the songs are the wrong song by the right artist. Only one of them matters.

One of the songs is right, but you need an earlier - and equally famous - recording by someone else.

In one match, you need to use the original artist (who has been identified) rather than the cover artist.

And I can confirm that Orbison is indeed here for It's Over. There is no Candy Man in this game, with or without a 'The' in front of it.
mrkelley23 wrote:New consolidation. ^ = artist used * = title used.

1. LET IT BE ME - ELVIS OR EVERLY BROTHERS OR BETTEY EVERETT/JERRY BUTLER
2. COMFORTABLY NUMB - PINK FLOYD

3. Remember those walls I built?
Well, baby, they're tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight,
They didn't even make a sound.

4. When I move, you move (just like that)
When I move, you move (just like that)
When I move, you move (just like that)
Hell yeah! Hey DJ bring that back!

5. NEVER SAY GOODBYE - BON JOVI
6. NIGHT - JACKIE WILSON
7. STAY - MAURICE WILLIAMS AND THE ZODIACS
8. WALKING IN THE RAIN - THE RONETTES
9. LOVE SOMEBODY - MAROON 5
10. OUR LOVE IS HERE TO STAY - ELLA FITZGERALD, FRANK SINATRA, ETC
^11. RESPECT - ARETHA FRANKLIN OR OTIS REDDING
12. NEXT DOOR TO AN ANGEL - NEIL SEDAKA
13. ANGIE BABY - HELEN REDDY
^14. LOVE ME TENDER - ELVIS
15. LIGHT MY FIRE - THE DOORS OR JOSE FELICIANO

16. I hope the ring you gave to her turns her finger green,
I hope when you're in bed with her, you think of me.

*17. HEAVEN - WARRANT
18. LONELY BOY - PAUL ANKA

19. WHAT DO YOU SAY – REBA MCINTIRE
20. Girl your stare, those eyes (I love it when you look at me, baby.)
Your lips, your smile (I love it when you kiss me, baby.)
Your hips, those thighs (I love it when you f**k me, baby.)
And I can't deny (I love it when I'm wit'chu, baby.)

^21. KISS - PRINCE (OR TOM JONES)

22. CLAIR – GILBERT O’SULLIVAN
23. PEOPLE GET READY - THE IMPRESSIONS OR CURTIS MAYFIELD
24. FOOTLOOSE - KENNY LOGGINS OR BLAKE SHELTON
*25. DOWNTOWN TRAIN - TOM WAITS OR ROD STEWART
26. LONG TALL GLASSES (I CAN DANCE) - LEO SAYER
27. LOSING MY RELIGION - R.E.M.
28. PERFECT WORLD - HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS

*29. TEMPTATION – BING CROSBY
30. DON’T SAY NOTHING BAD ABOUT MY BABY – THE COOKIES
*31. CANDY - IGGY POP

32. I'm a shooting star, leaping through the sky
Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity,
I'm a racing car, passing by like Lady Godiva,
I'm gonna go, go, go,
There's no stopping me!

33. I WON'T GIVE UP - JASON MRAZ
34. HELLO - LIONEL RICHIE
35. FLY AWAY - JOHN DENVER
36. WAITING FOR A GIRL LIKE YOU - FOREIGNER

37. Don't think of yesterday
And I don't look at the clock,
I like to boogie-woogie, uh, uh.
It's like riding on the wind
And it never goes away,
Touches everything I'm in,
Got to have it every day.

38. I’ve got a fever rising with desire,
It’s my love jones and I feel like I’m on fire.

39. I really don't feel like smiling anymore
And I haven't had the peace to sleep at all.
Ever since you went away, baby my whole life has changed,
I don't want to love and I don't want to live.

40. I took quarter water sold it in bottles for two bucks.
Coca-Cola came and bought it for billions, what the f**k?
Have a baby by me, baby, be a millionaire,
I write the check before the baby comes, who the f**k cares?

41. You know you love me, I know you care,
Just shout whenever and I'll be there,
You are my love, you are my heart
And we will never, ever, ever be apart.

42. You and me we made a vow
For better or for worse.
I can't believe you let me down
But the proof is in the way it hurts.

*43. CRAZY - WILLIE NELSON OR PATSY CLINE
44. IRIS - GOO GOO DOLLS
45. FALLIN' IN LOVE - HAMILTON, JOE FRANK, AND REYNOLDS
46. YOU'RE THE ONE - THE VOGUES
47. I'LL BE THERE - JACKSON FIVE

48. In the daytime,
In the nighttime,
Any time that you feel's the right time
For a friendship with me, you see.

*49. HUNGRY EYES - ERIC CARMEN

^50. MISERY – SOUL ASYLUM
51. BEGINNINGS - CHICAGO
^52. CRYIN' - ROY ORBISON (OR DON MCLEAN)
53. WHIP IT - DEVO
54. INSTANT KARMA (WE ALL SHINE ON) - JOHN LENNON & YOKO ONO

55. It's you, and me
Movin' at the speed of light into eternity, yeah.
Tonight is the night
To join me in the middle of ecstasy,
Feel the melody and the rhythm of the music around you, around you.

56. MAYBE – THE CHANTELS
57. MY GIRL - THE TEMPTATIONS
58. I LOVE YOU - CLIMAX BLUES BAND
^59. ROCK AND ROLL - LED ZEPPELIN
60. '65 LOVE AFFAIR - PAUL DAVIS
61. TOXIC - BRITNEY SPEARS
*62. THINK I'M IN LOVE - EDDIE MONEY

63. If I let you come inside, tomorrow will you hide?
Will you be there for me, when I need someone to hold me?
Baby, don't misunderstand, I do want you for my man,
I just need a little time before I invest my love.


64. Oh, baby, love me right,
Let me love you till I get it right.
Can't you let the others be?
'Cause with you is where I got to be.

65. I used to think that I wasn't fine enough
And I used to think that I wasn't wild enough,
But I won't waste my time tryin' to figure out why you playin' games.

66. Tell me you'll stay,
Never ever go away,
I need you (I need you)
I guess I always will.
Girl, you're my best friend,
Girl, you're my love within,
I just want you to know
That I will always love you.
Ooh, baby.

67. SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT - BONNIE RAITT
*68. CHAINS OF LOVE - ERASURE

69. Woman, I can remember a woman,
Warm were her kisses and tender was she
Lying there in my arms.
Why, why did you deceive me so?
What devil inside made you go
When I needed you most of all?

70. IT’S WONDERFUL – THE RASCALS
71. ROCK AND ROLL GIRLS - JOHN FOGERTY
72. MISTY BLUE - DOROTHY MOORE

*73. HOUND DOG MAN -- FABIAN
74. THIS TIME - BRYAN ADAMS
75. GOODBYE STRANGER - SUPERTRAMP

^76. KICKS - PAUL REVERE AND THE RAIDERS
^77. LOVESONG - THE CURE
78. GET DOWN TONIGHT - KC AND THE SUNSHINE BAND

79. I’VE GOT LOVE ON MY MIND – NATALIE COLE.

80. Darkness on the edge,
Shadows where I stand,
I search for the time
On a watch with no hands.
ALONE - HEART ?

81. You can take these words to bed with you
And hold on to them at night.
They can erase the emptiness
And make everything alright.

82. Some people live for the fortune,
Some people live just for the fame,
Some people live for the power, yeah,
Some people live just to play the game.
? - ALICIA KEYS

83. SAD SONGS SAY SO MUCH - ELTON JOHN
^84. MY LOVE - PETULA CLARK
*85. STAIRWAY TO PARADISE - GEORGE GERSHWIN, RUFUS WAINWRIGHT

86. A man in my shoes runs a light
And all the papers lied tonight,
But falling over you
Is the news of the day.

87. I don't care if everybody's gone.
Turn it up 'cause it turns me on.
Keep dancing all night long,
Feels so right that it can't be wrong.

88. Taking a day at a time,
Dealing with feelings I don't want to hide,
Learning to love as I go, baby,
Without taking you along for a ride.

89. LADY JANE - ROLLING STONES
90. YOUR LOVE - THE OUTFIELD

91. Every thought is a dream
Rushing by in a stream
Bringing life to the kingdom of doing.

92. HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH - BELINDA CARLISLE
93. DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC - LOVIN' SPOONFUL
94. CAROL - CHUCK BERRY
95. GAMES PEOPLE PLAY - ALAN PARSONS PROJECT
96. I WANT YOU - BOB DYLAN
97. WHATCHA SEE IS WHATCHA GET - THE DRAMATICS
98. GYPSY - FLEETWOOD MACK
*99. LET'S GO ALL THE WAY - SLY FOX
100. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL - THE TYMES
101. BABY I'M YOURS - BARBARA LEWIS
102. I NEED YOU - AMERICA

103. Here, have a dollar,
In fact, no, brother man, here, have two.
Two dollars means a snack for me,
But it means a big deal to you.

104. BY MYSELF – FRED ASTAIRE
105. You, with your words like knives
And swords and weapons that you use against me,
You have knocked me off my feet again,
Got me feeling like a nothing.

106. HELLO AGAIN - NEIL DIAMOND
107. ANGRY YOUNG MAN - BILLY JOEL

108. What's it like in New York city?
I'm a thousand miles away
But, girl, tonight you look so pretty,
Yes, you do.

HEY THERE DELILAH – PLAIN WHITE TEES

109. I took my bruises, took my lumps,
Fell down and I got right back up,
But I need that spark to get psyched back up
In order for me to pick that mic back up.

110. I don't know what it is that you've done to me
But it's caused me to act in such a crazy way.
Whatever it is that you do when you do what you're doing,
It's a feeling that I don't understand.

111. TEARS OF A CLOWN - SMOKEY ROBINSON AND THE MIRACLES
*112. WORDS - BEE GEES
113. SATURDAY NIGHT – BAY CITY ROLLERS
114. BREATHE - FAITH HILL
115. EVERYDAY - BUDDY HOLLY

116. She just wants to be beautiful
She goes unnoticed, she knows no limits
She craves attention, she praises an image
She prays to be sculpted by the sculptor

^117. SMOOTH OPERATOR - SADE

118. I never had no one that I could count on,
I've been let down so many times,
I was tired of hurtin', so tired of searchin'
Til you walked into my life.
It was a feelin' I'd never known
And for the first time I didn't feel alone.

119. ALL THIS LOVE - DEBARGE
120. ALONG COMES MARY - THE ASSOCIATION
*121. RUNAWAY - DEL SHANNON

122. 24-7,
I will make you feel like heaven,
I'll turn you upside down,
I'll spin you round and round.

123. SEPTEMBER IN THE RAIN - FRANK SINATRA, BEATLES, ANNIE LENNOX ETC

124. OUR DAY WILL COME – RUBY AND THE ROMANTICS
125. Catch a fallin' star that shines,
Make a wish, clap three times,
Dreams come true it's in the mind.

126. WOMAN WOMAN - GARY PUCKETT AND THE UNION GAP

127. JAM UP AND JELLY TIGHT – TOMMY ROE
128. WHEN IT'S OVER - SUGAR RAY
^129. LET'S LIVE FOR TODAY - THE GRASSROOTS
130. AT THE HOP - DANNY AND THE JUNIORS
^131. MY WAY - PAUL ANKA OR FRANK SINATRA
*132. FRIDAY - REBECCA BLACK
133. A LITTLE MORE LOVE - OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN
134. ANYTHING FOR YOU - GLORIA ESTEFAN
135. DAUGHTERS - JOHN MAYER
136. COOL CHANGE - LITTLE RIVER BAND

137. I’M ON FIRE – DWIGHT TWILLEY BAND
138. TRUE - SPANDAU BALLET
^139. CREEQUE ALLEY - THE MAMMAS AND THE PAPAS
140. AFTER MIDNIGHT - JJ CALE OR ERIC CLAPTON
141. TONIGHT - WEST SIDE STORY / JIM BRYANT / RICHARD BEYMER

142. But our house gets cold when you cut the heating,
Without you to hold I'll be freezing.
Can't rely on my heart to beat it
'Cause you take part of it every evening.

143. WORKIN' MY WAY BACK TO YOU - FRANKIE VALLI AND THE FOUR SEASONS OR THE SPINNERS
144. IF YOU LEAVE - ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK
145. STAND BACK - STEVIE NICKS
146. WHAT'S YOUR NAME - LYNYRD SKYNYRD
147. TAKE ME HOME - PHIL COLLINS
148. CASEY JONES - GRATEFUL DEAD
149. WANNABE - SPICE GIRLS

^150. ASK ME WHY – THE BEATLES

121. Runaway + 25. Downtown Train = Runaway Train (50. Soul Asylum) and Downtown (84. Petula Clark)


132. FRIDAY + 62. Think I'M IN LOVE = Friday I'm in Love, by 77. The Cure, and Think, by 11. Aretha Franklin
99. Let's Go All The Way + 43. Crazy = Let's Go Crazy (21. Prince) and All The Way (131. Frank Sinatra)

85. Stairway To Paradise + 17. Heaven = Stairway To Heaven (59. Led Zeppelin) and Paradise (117. Sade)
112. WORDS + 68. Chains OF LOVE = Words of Love, by 139. The Mamas and the Papas and Chains, by 150. The Beatles
31. Candy + 73. Hound Dog Man = Candy Man (52. Roy Orbison) and Hound Dog (14. Elvis Presley)
29. Temptation + 49. Hungry Eyes = Temptation Eyes, by 129. Grass Roots and Hungry, by 76. Paul Revere and the Raiders

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#47 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:53 am

108. Hey There Delilah + 18. Lonely Boy = Hey There Lonely Boy, by 124. Ruby and the Romantics, and Delilah, by 69. Tom Jones

Another potential match that I think is at least half correct:

45. Fallin' in Love + 43. Crazy = Crazy in Love, by 3. Beyonce and Fallin', by 82. Alicia Keys

We would either have to find another song called Crazy in the unknowns, or break up the match lb made earlier.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#48 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:05 pm

I'll come back to this later and start trying to troubleshoot. The only song I can see on the matched list that might have an earlier version is Words of Love, although the Mamas and The Papas version is not a cover, but a different song by the same title.

Unless we need to use Otis Redding for Respect, in which case there must be another Aretha song on here somewhere.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
mellytu74
Posts: 8485
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#49 Post by mellytu74 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:33 pm

This is the right song, wrong artist.

100. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL - THE TYMES

The original is JOHNNY MATHIS. I always go to The Tymes by default, forgetting that Mathis version.

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5526
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

Re: Game #196: Massive Musical Medley

#50 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:41 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:I'll come back to this later and start trying to troubleshoot. The only song I can see on the matched list that might have an earlier version is Words of Love, although the Mamas and The Papas version is not a cover, but a different song by the same title.

Unless we need to use Otis Redding for Respect, in which case there must be another Aretha song on here somewhere.
Figured out the cover song, and learned something. I had no idea that Chains was a cover of a song by The Cookies. The Beatles are back in the pool. I'll edit the post above to reflect that.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Post Reply