Santa Clarita, CA school shooting

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Santa Clarita, CA school shooting

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:29 am

Here we go again.

A 15-year-old shot several students. No word on how many or their condition. The shooter is at large.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

Re: Santa Clarita, CA school shooting

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:36 am

Latest news says seven injured, no deaths.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Today was the shooter's 16th birthday. It seems he stopped shooting only because he ran out of ammo. He saved the last bullet for himself. He's in critical condition as are two of his classmates, one other is not as severe; two are dead.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#4 Post by Estonut » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:37 am

I watched a news report where many officials were at the nearby hospital discussing the shootings. One of the lead sheriffs said that an off-duty LEO was dropping off a child and had started pulling away when he noticed children running from something. The sheriff said this parent turned around and was back on site within the first minute. There were 2 other LEOs who responded similarly and immediately. He then said that his first 3 sheriffs were on site after about 2 minutes. He said the school safety officer, assigned to the school and on-site, was the 7th responder to the shooting.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:08 am

Estonut wrote:I watched a news report where many officials were at the nearby hospital discussing the shootings. One of the lead sheriffs said that an off-duty LEO was dropping off a child and had started pulling away when he noticed children running from something. The sheriff said this parent turned around and was back on site within the first minute. There were 2 other LEOs who responded similarly and immediately. He then said that his first 3 sheriffs were on site after about 2 minutes. He said the school safety officer, assigned to the school and on-site, was the 7th responder to the shooting.
The shooting lasted just 16 seconds.