Rock Hall of Fame Nominees

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Rock Hall of Fame Nominees

#1 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:48 pm

The 2020 nominees are:

Pat Benatar
Dave Matthews Band
Depeche Mode
The Doobie Brothers
Whitney Houston
Judas Priest
Kraftwerk
MC5
Motörhead
Nine Inch Nails
The Notorious B.I.G.
Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
Todd Rundgren
Soundgarden
T.Rex
Thin Lizzy

FINALLY The Doobs are nominated. I've been bitching about them being snubbed for years. Benatar and Rundgren are also long overdue. Judas Priest and Motorhead deeserve some consideration as well, as they had a heavy influence on Heavy Metal. Whitney is a major name but is not rock. Biggoe, ummm...not rock eiter.

Seems like little by little they are making good on the major snubs, as recent years have seen the induction of acts like Chicago, Yes, the Moody Blues, and so on. Now, about Jethro Tull...
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

kroxquo

Re: Rock Hall of Fame Nominees

#2 Post by kroxquo » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:27 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:The 2020 nominees are:

Pat Benatar
Dave Matthews Band
Depeche Mode
The Doobie Brothers
Whitney Houston
Judas Priest
Kraftwerk
MC5
Motörhead
Nine Inch Nails
The Notorious B.I.G.
Todd Rundgren
Soundgarden
T.Rex
Thin Lizzy

FINALLY The Doobs are nominated. I've been bitching about them being snubbed for years. Benatar and Rundgren are also long overdue. Judas Priest and Motorhead deeserve some consideration as well, as they had a heavy influence on Heavy Metal. Whitney is a major name but is not rock. Biggoe, ummm...not rock eiter.

Seems like little by little they are making good on the major snubs, as recent years have seen the induction of acts like Chicago, Yes, the Moody Blues, and so on. Now, about Jethro Tull...
I agree entirely about the Doobie Brothers, Todd Rundgren, and Pat Benatar. I don't think they all will get in this round. Whitney probably will get heavy support in the fan voting and I could see her going in. With the Hall going all in on hip hop the last few years, I think Biggie has a good chance. I think Depeche Mode has a dark horse chance.

I am still waiting for nominations for The Monkees, Weird Al Yankovic, Carly Simon, and Three Dog Night as well as Tull.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:35 am

kroxquo wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:The 2020 nominees are:

Pat Benatar
Dave Matthews Band
Depeche Mode
The Doobie Brothers
Whitney Houston
Judas Priest
Kraftwerk
MC5
Motörhead
Nine Inch Nails
The Notorious B.I.G.
Todd Rundgren
Soundgarden
T.Rex
Thin Lizzy

I agree entirely about the Doobie Brothers, Todd Rundgren, and Pat Benatar. I don't think they all will get in this round. Whitney probably will get heavy support in the fan voting and I could see her going in. With the Hall going all in on hip hop the last few years, I think Biggie has a good chance. I think Depeche Mode has a dark horse chance.

I am still waiting for nominations for The Monkees, Weird Al Yankovic, Carly Simon, and Three Dog Night as well as Tull.
Like the PeteRoseLess MLB HoF, the Rock n Roll Hall of fame is a joke.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

kroxquo

#4 Post by kroxquo » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:05 am

Just came across this article about the Hall's worst snubs- I don't agree with all of it,(The Go Gos? Seriously they had one good album) but it's food for thought

https://www.vulture.com/2019/10/rock-ha ... ket-newtab
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams