With a name like Boris

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: With a name like Boris

#51 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:43 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
This woman has obviously never listened to Levin's radio show or watched his show on Fox, where he has hour long, intelligent conversations with people who actually know what their talking about,
Is this part of the show she's never listened to or part of his hour long intelligent conversations? You tube has dozens of these rants.

It's not surprising he fawns over right wing hacks who agree with him either.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#52 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:52 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
They've got their mob fired up, what's the point in bringing in an alternate viewpoint, you trouble-maker?
Volker's defending himself in a prepared statement, which is what I would expect of anyone testifying. He's not defending Trump or Giuliani.
You're always good for a giggle.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#53 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:46 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: NPR is one of the main offenders, as this totally biased review proves.
Translation: Anyone who doesn't like Levin's book is part of the biased fake media.

But I've got a question: Does Levin actually try to compare the NY Times drama critic review of Hamilton with their coverage of Donald Trump and use that as evidence of their "bias"?
Read the book to find out, troll.
I asked you kindly to keep out of this discussion between me and sprots. But you once again decided to throw your 2 cents in with a media matters snippet. Do you object to it because he shows his anger? Do you object to it because he says bad things about the president? Go watch MSLSD for a half an hour. You will see much worse than that leveled at our current president masquerading as news, but you agree with them so it's alright, right? Look at what you and BWBJ have said about trump. Is what he says any worse than what you say? But the point is: can you prove any of the facts he mentions are untrue?

I don't go around posting every bit of right wing propaganda here on this bored, and I didn't do it when Obama was president. I hear what is said and digest it and try and decide if it has value or is bullshit. I disagreed with almost everything Obama did, but most of the time I only responded to posts you and the other left wing loud mouths made. And I certainly didn't troll each and every post you made telling you that you were in the tank for Obama, as if that were some kind of definitive argument to anything..
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#54 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:07 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I asked you kindly to keep out of this discussion between me and sprots.
You have a habit of asking (sometimes demanding) that other people stay out of discussions. So when you do that I'll ask you very kindly to go flock yourself. If you're going to post thoughts on this Bored, you need to accept that anyone who chooses to do so can participate in the conversation. If you don't like that, try using a PM. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#55 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:43 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:I asked you kindly to keep out of this discussion between me and sprots.
You have a habit of asking (sometimes demanding) that other people stay out of discussions. So when you do that I'll ask you very kindly to go flock yourself. If you're going to post thoughts on this Bored, you need to accept that anyone who chooses to do so can participate in the conversation. If you don't like that, try using a PM. --Bob
I knew this was coming. I have a right to say whatever I want, do I not? Or is that reserved for people you agree with? He has the right to honor my request or be an asshole and ignore it. So far he's batting 1000.
So you have made this same point several times. I believe you're telling ME to not say something you don't like. You have made a habit of it. Kinda a double standard, dontcha think? Shut up about it. Or be an asshole and tell me again what I can do or what I can't. OK?
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#56 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:51 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
I knew this was coming. I have a right to say whatever I want, do I not? Or is that reserved for people you agree with? He has the right to honor my request or be an asshole and ignore it. So far he's batting 1000.
So you have made this same point several times. I believe you're telling ME to not say something you don't like. Kinda a double standard, dontcha think? Shut up about it. OK?
No, I didn't ask you not to keep doing it. I told you that every time you do so (as you have now just done to me), I'm going to call you on it. So go flock yourself.

And disregarding an inappropriate request isn't being an asshole. Making the inappropriate request is being an asshole. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#57 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:45 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:You have a habit of asking (sometimes demanding) that other people stay out of discussions. So when you do that I'll ask you very kindly to go flock yourself. If you're going to post thoughts on this Bored, you need to accept that anyone who chooses to do so can participate in the conversation. If you don't like that, try using a PM. --Bob
So you have made this same point several times. I believe you're telling ME to not say something you don't like. Kinda a double standard, dontcha think? Shut up about it. OK?
No, I didn't ask you not to keep doing it. I told you that every time you do so (as you have now just done to me), I'm going to call you on it. So go flock yourself.

And disregarding an inappropriate request isn't being an asshole. Making the inappropriate request is being an asshole. --Bob
Oh, ok. I guess the appropriate response is to threaten legal action against someone who says things you don't agree with, right? But you have to be an above average ethical lawyer to do that. Fortunately, I do not qualify for that kind of response. I'm not an above average ethical lawyer, the kind that does that all the time. So I do what I can. So go sue youself.

silverscreenselect

#58 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:59 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Do you object to it because he shows his anger? Do you object to it because he says bad things about the president?
I don't care what Levin does or who he criticizes. He made a decision to act like a pro wrestling manager years ago and pretty much determined what his audience would be from that point on. You're the one that cut down the review of his book because the NPR reviewer described his ranting and raving while you tried to portray him as a new version of William F. Buckley (a man who, unlike the current crop of right-wing commentators, could actually carry on an intelligent and reasoned conversation with those he disagreed with (it's interesting that the closest thing to William F. Buckley today, George Will, has left the Trump Republican party)).

Then, when I asked you about whether one of the charges in the NPR review was true (that his argument against the NY Times included an attempt to rope a drama review into the conversation), you conveniently ignored it. By the way, I've seen that criticism made in other negative reviews of the book (which pretty much includes everyone who wasn't already in the tank for Trump and Levin).

flockofseagulls104

#59 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:33 am

silverscreenselect wrote: I don't care what Levin does or who he criticizes.
Then why did you inject yourself into this conversation?
She asked me for a book recommendation and I gave her one. She could take me up on it or not. That's where you decided to use the batphone and slam and defame the author.
You have never listened to more than a few minutes of his radio show, if any at all. You have never watched any of his tv or internet shows. You have never read any of his books. Am I right? Of course I am. But you have your pick of left wing 'experts' who will gladly slam him for you.
Why are you trying to dissaude her from reading the book I recommended? What's it to you? Are you scared she might see some truth in it?
Once again you show, in microcosm, the tactics of the left. You are not interested in the free expression of ideas. If someone has a perspective you disagree with, you don't debate, you defame and marginalize them.
Let her decide for herself. I will trust she can determine for herself whether it's bullshit or not, if she decides to take my recommendation. Will you?

I know you won't but I put the request in for the record.

flockofseagulls104

#60 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:43 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:You have a habit of asking (sometimes demanding) that other people stay out of discussions. So when you do that I'll ask you very kindly to go flock yourself. If you're going to post thoughts on this Bored, you need to accept that anyone who chooses to do so can participate in the conversation. If you don't like that, try using a PM. --Bob

Just wondering. Who made you the arbiter of what's appropriate and what's not? I will say what I think is appropriate whenever I believe it's appropriate. If you disagree then bring a lawsuit against me if you think it's appropriate.
If you are the arbiter of appropriateness, I think we need a new one.I think you've missed a lot of innappropriate posts. I could name one in particular that you have never called the poster out for.

flockofseagulls104

#61 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:05 am

I have just purchased The Fifth Risk and will read it. Is that appropriate? I will tell you what I think of it if I think it is appropriate.

silverscreenselect

#62 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:19 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: You are not interested in the free expression of ideas. If someone has a perspective you disagree with, you don't debate, you defame and marginalize them.
Levin does a pretty good job of marginalizing himself. I assume that he can express ideas without ranting and raving, which he resorts to on many occasions. It may be a gimmick (I suspect it is in part), but it doesn't lend itself to anyone taking him seriously. I'm sure Bobby the Brain Heenan had some ideas that were worth debating, but no one would discuss them with the guy who shouted on professional wrestling shows all the time.

When people like Levin do express their ideas at length as in his book, they show themselves up for what they are, people incapable of making logical arguments and resorting to stunts like bringing Hamilton into a debate about the New York Times journalistic practices. You don't like people pointing that out (this is the third time you've refused to reply to a very valid criticism of the book), so you marginalize me and the NPR reviewer and then cry crocodile tears about how people don't take Levin seriously.

The last few paragraphs of the NPR review were a discussion of the merits of the book and Levin's research and writing techniques, which are woefully lacking. No comment from you, as I would expect other than to claim the NPR reviewer was already biased against Levin.

Informed people don't take people like Levin seriously because Levin doesn't present a serious, well-researched case for any of his points.

flockofseagulls104

#63 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:51 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: You are not interested in the free expression of ideas. If someone has a perspective you disagree with, you don't debate, you defame and marginalize them.
Levin does a pretty good job of marginalizing himself. I assume that he can express ideas without ranting and raving, which he resorts to on many occasions. It may be a gimmick (I suspect it is in part), but it doesn't lend itself to anyone taking him seriously. I'm sure Bobby the Brain Heenan had some ideas that were worth debating, but no one would discuss them with the guy who shouted on professional wrestling shows all the time.

When people like Levin do express their ideas at length as in his book, they show themselves up for what they are, people incapable of making logical arguments and resorting to stunts like bringing Hamilton into a debate about the New York Times journalistic practices. You don't like people pointing that out (this is the third time you've refused to reply to a very valid criticism of the book), so you marginalize me and the NPR reviewer and then cry crocodile tears about how people don't take Levin seriously.

The last few paragraphs of the NPR review were a discussion of the merits of the book and Levin's research and writing techniques, which are woefully lacking. No comment from you, as I would expect other than to claim the NPR reviewer was already biased against Levin.

Informed people don't take people like Levin seriously because Levin doesn't present a serious, well-researched case for any of his points.
Once again: have you spent any time reading him or listening to him personally? He's on WGST 6pm to 9pm. Or on the internet. You might learn something. What's it to you if sprots reads his book? Answer those direct questions please. Or is that innappropriate?
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spock

#64 Post by Spock » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:48 pm

Once again: have you spent any time reading him or listening to him personally? He's on WGST 6pm to 9pm. Or on the internet. You might learn something. What's it to you if sprots reads his book? Answer those direct questions please. Or is that innapproprate?
I was thinking as we often see SSS attack Hannity and Levin, I wonder what deep liberal philosophical thinkers he reads and studies to advance his thinking. They have to be far above Hannity and Levin in rhetoric and philosophy and so forth.

flockofseagulls104

#65 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:50 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I have just purchased The Fifth Risk and will read it. Is that appropriate? I will tell you what I think of it if I think it is appropriate.
The first thing I've noticed about this book, from reading the prologue, is he puts a lot of conversations in quotes. Conversations that seem like they are very private conversations known to only a few select sources. But there are no footnotes to his book that I can see. No attributions. No references to sources. From where or from whom did he get this information? Is this a work of speculative fiction?
But I will press on.

Spock

#66 Post by Spock » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:54 pm

Spock wrote:

Once again: have you spent any time reading him or listening to him personally? He's on WGST 6pm to 9pm. Or on the internet. You might learn something. What's it to you if sprots reads his book? Answer those direct questions please. Or is that innapproprate?
I was thinking as we often see SSS attack Hannity and Levin, I wonder what deep liberal philosophical thinkers he reads and studies to advance his thinking. They have to be far above Hannity and Levin in rhetoric and philosophy and so forth.
I am reminded of when he ridicules me when I cite Victor Davis Hanson and his wide ranging knowledge of California, however, he has never brought anybody to the table with a similar knowledge of California as a whole.

flockofseagulls104

#67 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:56 pm

Spock wrote:

He'll have to check the batphone on that. Either that or he will tell you you're in the tank for trump. If you're lucky he'll give you both.
If you're real lucky, you'll have the arbiter of appropriateness chime in and tell you to go spock yourself!

silverscreenselect

#68 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:54 pm

If you're real lucky, you'll have the arbiter of appropriateness chime in and tell you to go spock yourself!
For the fifth time you refused to answer the question about Levin's book. Does he or doesn't he use the NY Times review of the play Hamilton as a reason to criticize their news reporting?

And if he does, would you care to justify that.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#69 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:06 pm

Spock wrote:
Spock wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: Once again: have you spent any time reading him or listening to him personally? He's on WGST 6pm to 9pm. Or on the internet. You might learn something. What's it to you if sprots reads his book? Answer those direct questions please. Or is that innapproprate?
I am reminded of when he ridicules me when I cite Victor Davis Hanson and his wide ranging knowledge of California, however, he has never brought anybody to the table with a similar knowledge of California as a whole.
As someone who has lived in California pretty much my entire adult life, I’m not particularly impressed with Hanson’s supposed knowledge of California. —Bob

flockofseagulls104

#70 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:16 pm

For the fifth time you refused to answer the question about Levin's book. Does he or doesn't he use the NY Times review of the play Hamilton as a reason to criticize their news reporting?

I have told you to read the fucking book if you want to find out. That was my answer. Justify it yourself. It's not my job. Now answer my questions.
Have you ever spent an hour total in you life listening to Mark Levin? Why are you trying to dissuade anyone from reading it if you haven't even bothered to read it yourself? You call yourself a reviewer. Read it and give us a review, showing us you have actually read it. I can tell you from Quinlan's review she didn' t read a word of it. See if you can do her better. Chicken?
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silverscreenselect

#71 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:20 pm

I have told you to read the fucking book if you want to find out. Now answer my questions.
I think you just answered my question the way you usually do when you have no answer. Shout fake news, liberal bias, batphone, and in general make a lot of noise and feel good about yourself for so doing by thinking that you have somehow showed up a liberal.

I have no intention of giving Levin any of my time or money just to prove a point I think everyone here already knows.

flockofseagulls104

#72 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:37 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Spock wrote:
Spock wrote:
As someone who has lived in California pretty much my entire adult life, I’m not particularly impressed with Hanson’s supposed knowledge of California. —Bob
I would say that he's not all that impressed by yours.

flockofseagulls104

#73 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:41 pm

I have told you to read the fucking book if you want to find out. Now answer my questions.
I think you just answered my question the way you usually do when you have no answer. Shout fake news, liberal bias, batphone, and in general make a lot of noise and feel good about yourself for so doing by thinking that you have somehow showed up a liberal.

I have no intention of giving Levin any of my time or money just to prove a point I think everyone here already knows.
Ha ha. Chicken.
I don't think you have any clue what anyone here knows.

You show yourself up, troll. Slamming a book and a person using shit you drag up from the batphone when you, yourself, have no personal knowledge of either the book or the man. All for the purpose of trying to prevent someone else of maybe acquiring knowledge she might not have had before.
That's what most liberals seem to do. Let other people do their thinking for them. Decide for them what is 'good' and what is 'bad'. It's very easy that way. You can feel good about yourself while you call other people, who you know nothing about, vicious names, because the batphone 'experts' say you're on the right side.
Sprots, I am not intending to use you as a tool here. You can do anything you want. This whole argument started because you asked me what you could read, I gave a suggestion, and the troll decided to troll me, which, I guess, has become his main purpose on the bored.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#74 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Well, well, well. A stopped clock is right twice a day. It turns out there was corruption in Ukraine. --Bob

BackInTex

#75 Post by BackInTex » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:30 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Well, well, well. A stopped clock is right twice a day. It turns out there was corruption in Ukraine. --Bob
Oh my! Businessmen are meeting with foreign country entities! The US Energy Secretary is having discussions with and about a foreign country's energy industry.

Bob, just because people who know Trump, who donated to Trump, and are now working to expand their business holdings (which they would do had they donated to Clinton's campaign)...it's kind of what business folks do, does not equate to corruption.

Probably every billionaire in the US donated to either Trump's campaign, Clinton's campaign, or both, and have folks working overseas to increase their own business holding. Nothing to see here.

But go ahead, get excited. The let down will be that much worse for you next November.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson